Leonardo Suite Tel-Aviv Bat-Yam
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
The Vera(Tel Aviv)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstel avivhuge bedbusiness tripthe hotel managerrecommend this hotelparking garagesea viewmediterranean searestaurants and shopsstandard roomnice breakfastvery nice hotelbusiness loungebalconyisraelgoldieexpirience
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at this awful hotel last week for 2 nights and it was the worst 2 nights during my stay in Israel. They did not have a room ready when I checked in at 3PM. I was angry and finally they agreed to give me a suite room as a free upgrade / apology. I was like, okay, that's fine.

They did not clean my room on the 2nd day (I came back from a sightseeing tour at 6PM) and I had to get clean towels by myself at the lobby reception.

They did not have A/C in the room, it was hot! But they said it was still winter. Winter, really? I woke up with sweat all over my body! I was wearing bikini at the beach! I was forced to open the windows but the bugs were flying inside, and it was very noisy outside (it sounded like that there's a huge airplane engine at the balcony), and the children at the playing on the ground floor were playing and yelling. I was not able to sleep without the ear plugs and eye masks.

The room was unbelievably old and the light bulb in the shower room was not working. The handle in the bathtub was broken and rusty.

Most of the time, there's one only hotel staff at the reception and she's always very busy and there's a long queue.

The only good thing about the hotel is that it's close to a beach (dirty beach by the way), and breakfast was okay.

I wrote a really bad comment to the hotel after I came home and I have not received any response from the hotel yet. Booking this hotel was the biggest mistake of my trip.

Room Tip: Check the room thoroughly before accepting the room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank salmon_sushi
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed with my family over a weekend in April. We stayed in the junior suites. I have to say - my kids loved it, and that is pretty important. I had mixed feelings.

Pluses:
* staff was great
*great views of the beach
* suite had a private bedroom and a living room (with an sofa-bed) with a small kitchenette - all very convenient.
* great breakfast with views to the beach and pool
* we got some very nice little perks
* small pool 7th floor pool with an amazing view, we enjoyed it
* free entry to fitness room
* free parking
* nearby cafes
* right on beach
* free wifi
* not as pricey as Tel Aviv

Minuses:
* mostly quite clean, but not quite sparkling. Especially kitchenette.
* the place needs some work. Not just updating and decor, also just getting to some areas which are neglected.
* bed was just Ok, not great.
* we had some noise from teens in the park below at night.

To wrap up - if you are staying in Bat Yam, this is fine. With some work, like more polish on the cleaning and taking care with the decor, this place could be great, but frankly, Bat Yam itself is not my destination of choice for next time...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank OptDW
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We arrived and went upstairs and were appalled at the filthy carpet in the hallway. Our room was also dingy and musty smelling. The cleaning staff did not make up a bed for our daughter and when I approached her and asked for sheets and towels, she refused. I had to ask the front desk. The only good thing at this hotel was the girl at the front desk. She was very apologetic and felt badly when we left early and went to another hotel. I don't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Mary-TerryBrown
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The food and service were great. Every wish and request was attended to quickly and with a smile.
Apart of that, the facilities were a disappointment:
* the rooms and furniture are dated (the kids slept on a broken and stained sofa).
* the playroom was closed although the kids intended to use it during our stay.
* there was no TV in the parents room, only one in the kids room (we were in a two-bedroom family suite).
* on our 2nd day, we returned at 16:00 to find out that our room was not cleaned during our absence (despite what we were told). Our request to replace sheets and towels after 18:00 to enable us an afternoon rest was not respected, and eventually we replaced the sheets ourselves.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hi All,
I satyed here on business last June . It has some amazing Breakfast & view . I just loved the view from the top . Also it has amazing staff - Named Hizmy Zehavit - she was really helpful.
Also the cleanliness of the rooms was exceptional aswell. Truly great expreince !

Room Tip: Must have breakfast in the open once !
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business