“Seems nice until you get to your room.”

Leonardo Suite Tel-Aviv Bat-Yam
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bat Yam
Boston, Massachusetts
“Seems nice until you get to your room.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The view was great, the pool and the breakfast were great, but the rooms were a disappointment. Ours was small, dark, and dirty. The tv in my parents' room didn't work and their room had no toilet paper (front desk not very responsive to either issue). I stepped out of the bathroom while I ran a bath and when I came back the tub was filled with brown water. The fixtures were corroded and cracked, hose sprayed water through a leak. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank jenniemartzreis
Shani C, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Suite Tel-Aviv Bat-Yam, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our pool view and the breakfast service. We take your comments very seriesly and we will investigate this case with the workers involved. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We wish all of our guests to enjoy our service and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you a great hotel experience.
Now with our new rooms ready after we finished renovating we invite you to visit and see them.

Shani.c
Guest relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 8 June 2014

we booked from the Fattal website 3suites ( 6 adults and 6 childrens) for the Shavuot holiday, one night with late checkout ,
We arrived early and got the rooms fairly fast,.the front desk girl was very efficient. We had dinner on the seventh floor. food was ok.
In the evening at 10:30 PM the electrical power shut down in our room. I tried to call the reception but the phone was out of order. After going down to the front desk they send a security worker to check theelectrical supply. aftera while he said that he can't do nothing.
I want down again to the front desk where i got this answer: they do not have maintenance worker during the night shift and I have to wait untill morning!!!!
We spend the night with no light and TV. fortunately the AC and fridge were working. (by the way the fridge door was failing out when opening it!!)
Next morning an electrician arrived at 8:30 am and the power was restored at 10:30.
then at 15:30 pm the security officer come to our rooms and asked to freed 2 rooms at 16:00 pm. I show him the written reservation that mention clearly that we have a late check out by 18:00pm. I had to go down again to the front desk and after arguing they agree to late us have one room untill 20:00pm.
I have to mention that we are staying in leonardo's hotels in Israel and abroad and I never had problems.(May 13 I stayed at the Leonardo in Koln and we are members of the Shamaim leonardo club).
We will never come back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Bat Yam hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I just checked in after 4 hours waiting at the lobby. Small, dirty rooms. They obviously stared some construction works because the elevators are occupied with materials and workers. No, I don't like it and I suggest you choose something else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank StephanieSk2015
unfortunately everywhere all the time
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Run down property in a run down shopping mall in a run down district. Honestly I have no clue why we are here. The girl at the front desk was very friendly, though. We paid 200 euro's for the room and I expected it to be fairly good, not excellent. No such thing, however. NOT recommended in any way. The whole area is nothing to speak of, anyway. Everything is ramshackle. The boulevard in front of the hotel, the bars and restaurants on the beach, and even most of the people passing by.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank backtoholland
Carolina, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is too far away from Tel Aviv. You need a taxi to travel to Tel Aviv.

The room smelled musty. The balcony paint was peeling off. Room A/C did not cool. Bedroom Tube TV is in the wall next to the ceiling. Bedroom TV remote control did not work.

Breakfast at the restaurant was good. Restaurant had view to the sea.

Porter service was poor. Bags were not picked up and fellow guests wheeled their bags out.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank enatal
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at this awful hotel last week for 2 nights and it was the worst 2 nights during my stay in Israel. They did not have a room ready when I checked in at 3PM. I was angry and finally they agreed to give me a suite room as a free upgrade / apology. I was like, okay, that's fine.

They did not clean my room on the 2nd day (I came back from a sightseeing tour at 6PM) and I had to get clean towels by myself at the lobby reception.

They did not have A/C in the room, it was hot! But they said it was still winter. Winter, really? I woke up with sweat all over my body! I was wearing bikini at the beach! I was forced to open the windows but the bugs were flying inside, and it was very noisy outside (it sounded like that there's a huge airplane engine at the balcony), and the children at the playing on the ground floor were playing and yelling. I was not able to sleep without the ear plugs and eye masks.

The room was unbelievably old and the light bulb in the shower room was not working. The handle in the bathtub was broken and rusty.

Most of the time, there's one only hotel staff at the reception and she's always very busy and there's a long queue.

The only good thing about the hotel is that it's close to a beach (dirty beach by the way), and breakfast was okay.

I wrote a really bad comment to the hotel after I came home and I have not received any response from the hotel yet. Booking this hotel was the biggest mistake of my trip.

Room Tip: Check the room thoroughly before accepting the room.