“felt like a diner on the inside, ok food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Description: kosher vegetarian
Rome, Georgia
“felt like a diner on the inside, ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I met a student for lunch here. The restaurant itself is very basic, some booths and tables. Nothing pretty. The service was fine. The food was good but nothing unique or special. The portions were ample. The food seemed fresh. For what it was, I do not want to complain or criticize. For basic Indian food they did a basic good job.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

• Hebrew first
“such a pity”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

iI live in the Arava, Finally got to go to "little India"... and dragged my Indian husband along with me, and i was very excited to eat some good food. We ordered the samosa dish with the hummus "stew" and it was really good and tasty and even impressed my husband. The main course came, my husband had the tali which was very good and i ordered the "recommended" (it said on the menu) the Malai koftas (cheese balls in tomato and seed sauce). i took one taste, and it was like eating jam, the sauce was very sweet and nothing like anything i expected to eat in a Indian restaurant. As i cannot tolerate sugar, i asked the waitress if she could possibly check if there was sugar in this dish, which she came back saying yes. I said I am very sorry but i can eat this, due to the sugar and that it didn't taste good. (i asked my husband to check it to just in case it was just my taste buds playing games on me, but he also thought it was very very sweet and horrible.). i asked for a different dish instead... after 5 minutes the waitress came back with my plate saying that she is sorry but i couldn't returned the dish as i had ordered and i should have asked before-hand if had sugar in it. She said that I was going to have to pay for it as it was my fault for ordering it – (she said "I ordered it as if i knew what i was ordering!?!? ) I told her that it was Indian food, it was meant to be spicy not sweet (or if so point it out on the menu). (Being brought up in England I have had my fair share of late curries so please don’t think it’s the first time I have had Indian food… not to mention all the meals at my in-laws) She said there was nothing to do, i was going to have to pay for it as well as the one that i ordered instead of the one i sent back.
At this point i lost all my appetite and just wanted to leave,
I have worked in the food service business for over ten years, and know that the service is just as important as the food. This service was unbelievable even by Israeli standards. If the food doesn’t taste good, its not the fault of the customer. I left feeling angry and stupid. And hungry

• 2 of 5 bubbles
“Malai Kofta~”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

After having the Malai Kofta at that restaurant I've been only having this dish in every Indian restaurant I ate, I am now in Australia and had tones of different Malai Koftas- nothing compares to "Little India" in Beer-Sheva!!
The place itself is very plain and the prices are super-affordable. If you have space in your tummy after the meal order their "Banufi" for dessert OMG it's delicious!!!

• Visited April 2013
“cheap and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

simple restaurant located near the university. the portions are not that big, but they are tasty and not expenssive. every day there's a buffet costs about 40 shekels and you can eat as much as you want. the clients are mostly students.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank oritzuf
Jerusalem, Israel
“Great food! good value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

One of the best tali and malai kufta I know of in Israel. Located by the university in one of the most hip "studential" streets in Beer Sheva.