All reviews botanical gardens dining room dead sea swimming pool superior room dairy restaurant real oasis breakfast and dinner judean desert dining hall beautiful property buffet style guest house rental car free shuttle nature reserve minute drive
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We were staying in Arugot rooms with view of Arugot valley for 290 USD per night for a double room (halfboard).
Pros:
- *Great* location (wonderful botanical garden).
However, you will be much happier in the area with a rental car (to visit Massada, King David Nature Reserve or just the dead sea without waiting for the shuttle bus)
- very good breakfast and dinner buffet
- civilized guests, i.e. nights are quiet and buffet breakfast/dinner does not have the feel of a warzone
Cons:
- Very expensive given the rather mediocre quality of the rooms:
- first room we had had broken bathroom fan, broken showerhead, water was leaking from shower and flooded bathroom, maybe this was the reason for the damp smell. Next day we requested and got another room, this was also smelling damp but here everything worked.
- No internet in the rooms (free wlan in the reception area)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jhandt
Reviewed 3 July 2010

This kibbutz hotel has a choice of three room types. We stayed in the middle priced room. It was clean, big enough, and something akin to a nice motel room in North America. The kibbutz grounds is beautiful. The pool is great-large, plentiful lounge chairs, very good snack bar. There are activities to choose from every day including tours of the kibbutz and it's outdoor botanical gardens. The food was more than adequate and the service staff in the dining room were helpful and pleasant. The price was $224.00US and included breakfast and dinner for two. I thought that it was well worth it since dinner alone would cost $50.00-$75.00 in a restaurant. If you deduct that from the $224.00 you get a rate of $150.00-$175.00 inc. breakfast which is great for Israel. The scenery is great-the Dead Sea and the Mountains of Jordan. I would return.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MeirToronto
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We were able to convince the hotel to bypass the 2 night minimum and stay only one night. However, it was so expensive it seems like they charged us for 2! We were in the Arugot wing which seemed newer, but it was very dated and tired. The dining room is an embarrassment but the food was fairly good. Enjoyed going to the nearby public beach. The pool was very nice.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Boomer_from_Boulder
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I felt a bit worried when the desk clerk pointed out that our room was just moments away from where we were checking in. I got a bit more worried when I noticed the open air bar/patio just a few steps from our room. Long after midnight and numerous calls to the front desk later, we were still waiting for the staff to enforce quiet. Despite promises and a policy of evening quiet, the staff clearly did not know how to handle noise problems. Like most Israeli hotels, service is not a priority. The grounds are lovely, and it is family friendly. Rooms are spartan, but very clean. TVs are there, but are old, and did not function in either room we were in. The food was a good value and plentiful.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2009

I went there with my husband right after our wedding (we are Israelis) and were bitterly disappointed from the rooms. The last time they were redecorated was in the 80s or something. The place was clean though.
We paid the equivelent of 200$ per night and it was worth half the price.
I don't know how they aren't embarrassed to have people pay so much for these rooms.
I wasn't suprized to see only foreign tourists. They can only get away with it once...

On the bright side - I love love love the dead sea, and ein gedi kibutz is beautiful, and I love the desert!
But next time we go to the area will be with a sleeping bag and a tent :)

I hope they read these reviews and improve. I do want for them to succeed,.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple