“a sound place to stay for business trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shizen Spa Hotel

Shizen Spa Hotel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Herzliya
Portishead, United Kingdom
“a sound place to stay for business trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business for four nights and found welcome from reception very good, they remained very helpful throughout my stay. facilities are good re pool and gym although I wish they had a simple cycle type in the gym which replicate a cycle position. Pool very good.
I did not eat in restaurant in the evenings as good eateries just 10 minute walk away. Shame they only start breakfast at 07.30, this is the time I normally have to leave to go work and this in the week, they do offer a breakfast box which was not prepared. Room was good and comfortable, generally I found a nice place to stay, good facilities and helpful staff and I have always had a room with amazing view.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Shizen Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear 261jeremyh ,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor web.

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable, and you enjoyed our Shizen hotel. iam glad to inform you that breakfast is open now from 7am.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Daniel Herzelia Hotel by Tamares Hotels.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Ra'anana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I would like to share this wonderful experience of me and my wife at the Shizen Spa Hotel. We are frequent visitors of this hotel and tend to return to enjoy its exquisite services at least annually. Shizen offers mostly tranquillity, peace of heart and mind. A brief escape from the hectic everyday life. It is located on the Herzlia promenade, just a 20 minutes drive from the center of Tel-Aviv. The food is delicious and the restaurant - quiet. I personally love the spa, which offers both expertise and luxury, and highly recommend the hot stones massage, which is my simply rejuvenating.
I highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Shizen Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Roei ,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our Team members and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and enjoyable, and you enjoyed our special menu and the spa facilities.

Neve-Daniel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed for two nights during October 2013 in the Daniel Herzliya Hotel - Shizen new section.
The room is very spacious, very nice view of the sea.
The breakfast area of Shizen was not active, so we had breakfast at the Daniel Hotel Hemingway restaurant which was OK.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Shizen Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear ShamaiE ,

Thank you for your Excellent review !

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Went with friends for a pampering day at the spa. It is a very!!!! Expensive. The atmosphere was similar to the YMCA swimming pool (noisy!!!!). The lockers have the lighting of a hospital ( bright white), the treatment room lacks design ( the water stain on celling was a mice touch...), and the noise.... Like getting a treatment in the middle of a market. I really do not recommend the place.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Shizen Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Maya270978

thanks for desciribing your impression of our spa.

we feel sincrely sorry that the design has not met your taste.we continuosly strive to improve ourselves and are very greatful for any suggestions.

we apologize for the noise- especially on weekends when the spa is full .

If you are planning on returning to Herzliya, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
I also invite you to send me your personal mail address so I can speak to you in person.
My mail address riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il

Best regards
Guest relation manager

Travellers are raving about these Herzliya hotels

Tel-Aviv
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

First we stayed @ room 2212 and had a few problems there:
The Entrance door couldn't be locked easily and we had to push it hard..
The Toilet lid was broken and the Board was Unstable.
After all these issues we were transferred to room 2304 which was much better.
Last thing - there is Paid Wi-Fi for guest.
Positive issues:
There were excellent reading lights over the beds (a pair of lamps).
Breakfast is very good (you can have intimate one at Shizen or at the big hall @ the Neighboring hotel Daniel.
The pool is very nice & one can use the stairs to the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Shizen Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest

To begin 2014 we would like to thank you for taking time to fill out your feedback following your stay at the Daniel Herzliya Hotel.

We are pleased to inform you that the hotel is undergoing major renovations and we would be honored to have another chance to welcome you back to the Daniel Herzliya Hotel.

Please send me a personal email with your arrival dates and we will ensure that you will enjoy a pleasurable stay in our beautifully updated, refreshed rooms - riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed there on business - last time 2 weeks in March 2013. This hotel definitely requires professionally trained people. Rooms are quite nice and location is also good/quiet on the beach but only advisable if you have a vehicle as most entertainments are not a walking distance. BTW beach in front banned for swimming as you can see posted black flags and no lifeguards in the area. Breakfast was one of the most horrible I ever had and personnel at kitchen - amateurs !!! Receptionists were good - smiling, always tend to assist. Overall - hotel is overpriced !

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were in this hotel for 2 nights after our wedding.
Luxurious hotel with a great atmosphere.
Very large room, with a beautiful view.
When we returned to the hotel after the wedding, was waiting for us a platter of cheeses, breads, fruit and drink.
Breakfast is great and rich. Dinner in the hotel restaurant (part of half board) was excellent.
And of course, we had great massages.
Hotel quite luxurious.