“Re-review: 2 years later, not much has changed”

Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Herzliya
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I reviewed this property about 2 years ago and recently stayed in it again. The world has moved on, this hotel has not.

If you want to know the details you can read my earlier review, but the summary is:
- It is, for now, the best hotel in Herzliya. But there is a Ritz-Carlton opening soon...
- It's OK. It's not up to the standard of most 5-star hotels in North America and Europe and certainly not up to Asian 5-star. Even as a 4-star, it would just be OK, not great, OK.
- The location is great for the beach. Couldn't ask for better.
- WiFi still sucks. It's expensive, and it's slow. I will deal with cheap and slow or expensive and fast, but when it's expensive and slow I will complain. At some times of day it's fast enough to use Skype, at other times it will drop calls, I got caught having to use my cellphone (very expensive) to make calls because Skype wouldn't work sometimes. Israel has some of the world's fastest Internet service, I am assuming the slowness is that the hotel hasn't upgraded their internal network.
- The rooms need a deep clean. They're not particularly dirty, but there are dust-bunnies etc in the corners, stains here and there, that are not expected in a 5-star hotel. I suspect they do a deep clean of the rooms once per year, but it needs to be more often than that.
- Service in the bar is still slow. I also had one of the most bizarre conversations with the bar staff. I was watching an international soccer match in a different bar but my colleagues wanted to go back to the Dan, so I went with them. Arrived in the bar at the Dan, there's one TV, and it's playing Israeli women's college basketball; nobody in the bar is watching it, and the game is being played in a half-full high-school gym, so it can't even have any local importance. I ask if they can change the channel over to soccer and the bar staff ask me, with 100% seriousness, "You don't want to watch Israeli women's basketball?"
- Breakfast has gone slightly downhill. Tripadvisor reviewers had a love/hate relationship with the omlet chef, but he's now gone completely, or at least, he wasn't there the week I was there. The heated items on the buffet are meh but the cold selection is still good.

So we'll see what happens when the Ritz Carlton opens. Dan Accadia management, you have an opportunity here to become the "Grand Dame" of the Herzliya beach hotels, you have a great location and a loyal following among local office administrators who always put their international travelers here. You can take this as an opportunity to step up, fix a few things, and become truly five star, or you can allow the Ritz Carlton to get a foothold in the market that used to be all yours.

Room Tip: The chalet rooms are excellent, but more expensive than standard rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Marcgr,
Thank you for taking the time to review us again, and for your loyalty through the years. We're proud of our standing as top hotel in Hertzilia and plan to continue as such.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest experience and service at all times, so any comments made will be taken on board in a bid for further improvements for the future; thank you for highlighting these areas to us.
Moreover, the hotel offers complimentary wifi for guests in the lobby area and an additional one hour of free wifi for all e-dan guests, per day of stay; while it seems you experienced temporary glitches in the system, we have taken measures to ensure of no further issues in this regard and apologise for any inconvenience experienced.
Looking forward to welcome you back again, just let us know when that might be.
Best regards,

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Excellent hotel with a breakfast buffet that is beyond description. About a 10 minute walk to the Marina and to the shopping area/ATM machines. The only drawback were the rooms and the internet. The speeds are quite slow and to get the best reception, you really need to be in the middle of the hallway (interior of the room) near the bathroom. It appears that is where they have their routers. Otherwise, anywhere near the desk or the beds, you will notice a definite degrading of the signal/speed.

It's quite, clean and aside from the internet, one of the nicest hotels in Israel.

2  Thank dmajkc
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share you fabulous experiences of your stay with us here at Dan Accadia, it is always through comments from guests that we are able to develop our offering and monitor services.
We're delighted you were happy and found the hotels amenities comfortable and efficient. We have most certainly taken on board comments with regards to internet issues and will look at how to further enhance this for the future; thank you for highlighting this to us.
We'll be looking forward to the next time to welcome you; as such, should you desire, we advise all our guests to join the e-dan club for great discounts throughout the chain and an additional one hour of free in room wifi every day of stay.
I'd be happy to meet to discuss any other concerns or hear of your delight on your return, do be in touch,
best regards,
Dani Schnedier

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My company just had a conference for 70 attendees at this hotel.

I was very impressed with the professionalism of the staff and the hospitality that they all showed us from the company and also the attendees of the conference.

I can give my highest recommendation of this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Karina,

Thank you so much for the lovely recommendation, and sharing your views with others.
It was delightful to hear of our team effort to ensure an enjoyable event, we will be sure to share your kind words and thank you for enabling us to give credit where it is due.
Looking forward to the next event together,
regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2013

the Dan hotels chain is dear to my heart, back in the 70's, yes i am that old i used to work for the Dan tel aviv hotel, which was and still his the top hotel in tel aviv. but the mission statement of the chain is " its all about the guests". as they do things in the old style. they have customer service person right on the line to help you. when i was not able to open the door to the balcony in my room they send someone right away. i mean in 2 minutes!! and then Ariella was so kind and sweet to call me to make sure it was taken care of.
the hotel was under huge challenge while i was staying there . A roup of trade mission from Holland with the prime minister of Holland and few members of the government were staying at the hotel at that time topping with dinner with the Israeli prime minister ! so needless to say security was heavy to say the least. however they made the other guests aware by sending a printed later in advance and assign a guest service person just for that evening. i have stayed once at the New York Palace with similar security needs and they were a mess. so i must admit that visiting any hotel when there is extra tide security its not fun. i must share that the Dan Acadia in my view did the outmost. Jonathan in the front desk helped me and very sweet lady in the dinning room area which was not really a dinning room invited me to dinner on the house as the VIP club was not available. to that i will call giving the lemon a touch of honey. smiling
the room was divine the view omg the view is amazing!! and the only note i want to add is with my luck its was raining on that day! piss me off , yet again its nothing to do with my review. smiling
i will go back for sure!!

Room Tip: ask the odd numbers, the are facing the sea and try to get 3rd or 4th floor in the main building.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, Manager at Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

We're glad you enjoyed a great stay and our outstanding service surprised and delighted; thank you Ms Writz, for sharing with us and other travelers.
It is our constant aim to provide our guests with such memorable experiences so I will be sure to share your kind commendations with the whole team; thank you for enabling me to give credit where it is due.
Looking forward to welcoming you again,
Best Regards,
Yaniv Hiumi
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Dan Acadia Hotel is a one of a kind. Thus, the hotel has wonderful, professional, welcoming, staff. All staff are always warm and friendly and ensure their guests are well cared for. Spacial thanks to Mrs. Zipi Simon and her staff for making our weekend - Bar Mitzva unforgettbale and memorable.
The rooms are very luxurious, nice, comfort and clean. The food was outstanding all time. And if this is not enough, the hotel is situated neer the beach and has access to it.
Thank you all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dorit,

Thank you for your kind words and deciding to share them with others; it means the world to us when guests truly appreciate all that we work so diligently to create.
We'll be sure to share your kind words and encouragement with the whole team, especially Zipi, as it makes us all very proud.
We'll be looking forward to welcoming you back and just advise to join the e-dan club, unless already done so, to make sure you benefit from discounts and deals for our loyal guests.
With best regards,

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Rooms are nice enough, though the "king bed" is two twins pushed together and each half bed has sheets the size of the half bed...so how do two people stay covered? Just buy the big sheets, Dan.

Big problem is internet service which basically sucks because the wireless runs at dial-up speed (really) most of the time and is about $30/day. There's a wall plug for a wired connection, but it doesn't work.

On the plus side the rooms are nice, A/C works well and its pretty quiet except for screaming children in the hallway when I'm sleeping off a jet lag.

1  Thank hockessin1

Dear hockessin1,
It is only through comments from our guests that we learn and are able to develop on our offerings, so we can't thank you enough for taking the time to share.
We're happy you were comfortable in the room in general and have taken on board constructive comments raised.
For your next stay, please allow us to accommodate the request for a king bed by mentioning the request on reservation. Moreover, we have investigated the internet issues experienced and hope of no further re-occurrences of this nature.
We'd be delighted if you decided to give us another chance to make a better impression; should you additionally wish to join the e-dan club prior to your next stay, all members enjoy a complimentary one hour of free in room wifi every day of stay. I'd also be delighted to be of any other personal assistance either before or during your next stay, looking forward to the opportunity,
with best regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I travel to Israel a few times each year and the Dan Acadia is the one and only hotel that I choose to stay. I keep coming back to see Tzipi Simon and the wonderful staff who are always warm and friendly and ensure their guests are well cared for. The rooms and common areas are always clean and well kept. The food is excellent...and the breakfast served daily is always outstanding. The location is perfect overlooking the sea with easy access to the beach. I always enjoy my time here and look forward to my next trip back! Julie P.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

We were delighted to hear that you consider The Dan Accadia hotel to be your home in Israel Julie, it is comments such as these that makes the hard work all worthwhile.
Our location truly is well placed, overlooking the sea with our idyllic garden surroundings and our team are always so happy to hear when they have helped create a memorable stay,
thank you once again and come back soon,