“You can do better- go elsewhere”

Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Herzliya
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our friends who have never stayed here recommended this place.
We will never be back and we will make sure others don't make our mistake. The first room we were shown was dark noisy and had no view .
The second room was a closet and we were told there was nothing else available until after Shabbat
So we went to the pool for lunch being told our luggage would be sent to our room which of course it was not.
We thought we would just wait it out until after Shabbat and then get a better room. I went to the bar to get a glass of wine.
It was just me and the bar tender. She was very busy at the computer and basically ignored me. When she finally took a moment to ask what I wanted she was unable to tell me the white wines by he glass,
She handed me a menu and expecting many choices since she couldn't think past Chardonnay - I found only one other choice - which was okay but the bar tender couldn't be bothered taking my order - seriously she just was too busy doing everything but what I thought was her job-which was to serve a patron.
I left furious and was going back to my closet to see if the luggage arrived when I changed my mind and went back to the front desk and ask to see the hotel manager.
I was seriously contemplating leaving this place since we were and are staying for 4 days.
I told the manager who did come out to speak to me that so far this hotel was one of the worst I have ever been in.
That the rooms were not appealing,that the staff was uncaring ,that we shouldn't after two hours be in search of our luggage and I shouldn't have to beg a bar tender WITH NO OTHER PATRONS about to serve me
And that perhaps it would be best if we just left as we were clearly neither wanted nor needed.
Miraculously another room was available which was light and faced the pool, so the woman at the front desk who almost swore to us that nothing else but the two horrible rooms we were shown were available was clearly not truthful.
It's an old and tired place and the last insult is and continues to be that in this beach resort hotel you must PAY A FEE TO GET ICE.
We offered to get it ourselves but you can't of course so they have the nerve to charge you 12 sheckels for ICE.
They claim it's not for the ICE but because they are bringing it to you.
You can't get it yourself , so if your want to sit on your patio and have a nice cool drink be prepared to pay for the privilege.
We have stayed at some of the worlds great hotels ( and this is not one of them) and at many average places for short trips and business and no one has thought of this gimmick to part you from your money.
The pool is lovely but if you think you can have a nice late afternoon there be prepared as you read or sleep for the staff noisily closing up all around you. We were relaxing or at least trying to as the chairs were being piled up and umbrellas noisily closed and it was barely 6
If all you want is a room by the beach and service isn't important this is the place for you. The coffee at breakfast was cold and burnt and we went elsewhere for it.
We will be back to Herzlia,but we won't be staying at the Dan Accadia.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Helene h,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; it is only through comments from our guests that we are able to develop for the future.
We are happy that we were able to make you comfortable in your room in the end, just sorry for the initial inconveniences and service concerns.
I can assure you all your comments have been taken on board for further discussion and retraining where necessary; thank you for highlighting this to us.
We'd hope to have another opportunity to welcome you for a more all round pleasant experience and as such, invite you to be in touch with me directly so that I may be able to monitor the reservation personally.
with thanks and kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya

Reviewed 3 June 2014

June half term si by far the best time to go visit Israel in general. We took 2 inter-connecting ground floor garden rooms at the DA - turned up to find an outdoor jacuzzi outside each of the rooms! Rooms were very nice.. Only gripe was the beds are incredibly hard and not enough attention to detail in making up the beds.. I would have expected a mattress cover under the bed sheet. Little things like this is the main reason the rating was not 5/5.

My one MAJOR gripe is the fact that breakfast is served indoors, despite the hotel having an outside terrace.. The reason given is that this terrace is being used daily for the many conferences/events that the hotel host. On our last morning, the terrace became available and the difference it makes eating breakfast outdoors in enormous. There is another outside space in the courtyard that should be reserved for events and leave the main terrace to the paying hotel guests to enjoy; especially in peak school holiday times. This is the one thing that REALLY lets the hotel down.

I had a massage and that was disappointing. It seems the masseuse had one goal in mind - to see how much oil they could get out of the bottle and onto my body. You could have fried an egg on my back after the massage.

Pool Area - great
Lunch Restaurant - great
Service - good
Weather - Incredible

Room Tip: ground floor garden rooms facing the marina have the outdoor jacuzzis.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Reuben111,

Thank you for submitting your feedback following your recent stay at Dan Accadia, all comments are invaluable for us in the bid to grow and develop our offerings.
Throughout the hotel, every effort made to ensure the highest levels of guest experience and service at all times, we have taken on board all your comments and been sure to elevate them to the necessary managers, thank you for highlighting these areas to us.
sincerely looking forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Staying in this hotel was a PHENOMENAL experience. The view from my room was beautiful. My room itself was perfect! I was so comfortable. The pool was nice too!! The hotel is just such a beautiful place. I actually went to the reef surf club which is right behind the hotel and took a surfing lesson and it was so great. Best decision ive ever made. Make sure to stop by there and grab a surfboard! The beach is beautiful. I so enjoyed my stay here and I will stay here whenever I go to Israel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Lucy z,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences following your recent stay with us.
We are so delighted to have helped create such a PHENOMENAL stay and that you made the most of the hotel's proximity to the beach and general atmosphere in the local area.
We'll be looking forward to host you again and just remind you, should you desire, join the e-dan club for great deals and discounts throughout the chain.
Best regards for the time being,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I’ve been staying at this hotel for a week a year for the past 7 years and I love it! The location is a nice alternative to Tel Aviv although if you’ve never been to Israel there are more things to see in Tel Aviv. If you want relaxation this is the place to stay. The staff is extremely nice and will try to do anything possible to make your stay enjoyable. The grounds are stunning, they are over the top gorgeous, I get excited just writing about it. We stay in a Garden Chalet room which I highly recommend it, in fact this is one of the main reasons I like it there. It’s more expensive but if you can swing it, it’s well worth it. Also, since it’s an upgraded room you have access to their executive lounge which is a huge plus.

Hotels in Israel in general are not as nice as hotels in the U.S. so don’t expect a luxurious room, they aren’t but they are clean, pleasant, and spacious. Oh and the breakfast is the best ever! I highly recommend staying here and I can’t wait to return!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lani K,

Thank you for your glowing review, we are truly delighted to hear that you are constantly
pleased with the hotel. Returning guests is the biggest compliment a hotel can get we are truly thankful.
We so appreciate all of your compliments and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. we are sure that many Trip Advisor travelers will find this information useful.
Thank you again and looking forward for welcoming you back to Dan Accadia for many more years to come.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We came in passover for few days all the family and we loved it ,so close to a beautiful beach and amazing ocean view .just amazing location we loved the hotel and we loved the reef club which is locate in the hotel and make us fell at home ,we surf and dive there and the kids didn't want to leave .. We definitely come back soon .

Stayed: April 2014
DanHotelsIsrael, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Noamrp3,

Thank you for reviewing the Acadia Hotel. We are delighted you had such a good time with us and enjoyed everything the hotel has to offer and also took advantage of the Reef club.
Your review for other travelers is sincerely valued and means allot to us.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is a unique hotel in Israel. On the one hand it is located in the middle of the country, very close to Tel Aviv, and it is on a beach, on the other hand the Hotel encloses very large areas of grass and a pool, so that you almost feel in the country. You can choose a wonderful bedroom in the main building and feel like a king, or if you have kids you can choose a "garden room" which has a door leading right on to the grass. Wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Accadia Hotel Herzliya, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Travellinglma,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your much appreciated feedback.

We value your review and happy to hear that you were pleased with the hotel, location and public areas.

We are delighted that your recent stay with us was to your satisfaction and we look forward to hosting you again, in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Last Saturday we stayed at Acadia Hotel at Herzlia.

This is a great Hotel and we really love it.
We would like praise Ms. Tzipi Simon, her humanity, professionalism, gentleness, sensitivity and determination, we felt that we are treated like kings! Congratulations and heartfelt thanks.
The Ophir family

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rachel F,

Thank you for submitting your comments and sharing your experiences here on Tripadvisor.

You have been most generous with your kind words and your comments, in particular about Ms, Simon, are most appreciated and have been conveyed to her and the rest of the team.

We look forward to having you visit us again, hopefully soon.