Sharon Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$360
Publica Isrotel, Autograph Collection(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
US$468
US$400
US$560
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
Benjamin Herzliya Business Hotel(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$192
  • Breakfast included
Orchid Okeanos Boutiqe Herzlia(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$252
US$510
  • Breakfast included
Daniel Herzliya Hotel(Herzliya)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$210
HotelsClick
US$300
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea watertel avivindoor poolbusiness loungegarden roomlarge roommediterranean seadirect access to the beachsea viewlocation is greatgreat roombusiness tripspaisraelgrassshabbatapel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed in the hotel few days ago. Great facilities and even better service. Right on the beach with many places to eat. I got an upgrade to a large room that was very comfortable for me, my wife and our two daughters.
Breakfast is not as reach as other hotel in Israel but good enough. Customer service was excellent.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Avi G
LibiL, Customer Service at Sharon Hotel at Sharon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Avi G,

Thank you for your delightful review, what a pleasure to read!

We are happy to see that you enjoyed the room together with the facilities and that you have got an excellent service .

Your Title : “Best hotel in Hertzelia", is a great compliment to our hotel.

Sandra T

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We took 2 rooms for 2 nights midweek. I'll start with the good points.

The room we received was fabulous. Spacious and clean, with a view to die for.
Special kudos to the interior designer who designed the bathroom. He took a mirror and
placed it vertical covering half of the window facing the ocean. This means every time you brushed your teeth or washed up you had a view of the ocean. Look at the attached picture to understand the genius of this simple design change.

The hotel is kept clean and spotless. Bathrobes were supplied as well as slippers in each room. I did not like the minibar, which was the kind which is pressure sensitive and removing a can causes an immediate charge, and there is no ability to store any food or drinks of your own.

The pool grounds are well maintained, with ample towels, lounge chairs and umbrellas.

The breakfast was not 5 star but was slightly above average and the service was excellent.

So now we get to the two items that bothered me. On one day I came up to the room to change and just as I was about to remove my pants in walks a housekeeping woman to change the sheets (the room had already been processed and everything looked fine to me). She did not knock - but just walked in and proceeded to redo the sheets and did not acknowledge my presence and then left without saying a word to me.

The most serious flaw in service at this hotel is the front desk. We checked in at 13:30. No one was on line. Yet it took 25 minutes to process our 2 room reservation. But what really took the cake was when they asked for our credit card for "extras". I have been to dozens of hotels - both in Israel and abroad and have always had my credit card swiped for extras. Easy, simple procedure. Not here. They asked whether we wished to open a credit line for extras. Your credit card will be billed immediately $50 and at the end of your stay they will calculate how much you owe. We asked "what if we don't use $50 worth?" "In that case, we will issue a credit card refund within 20 business days." We said no thanks and we would pay with cash. Obviously, they have had a lot of "extras" theft to implement such an idiotic policy.

If the hotel were to implement a simple extra swipe like every other hotel in the world, and train their housekeeping staff about knocking before entering, this hotel could become a great hotel for the area.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very nice hotel - staff friendly - good facilities - very close to beach. Convenient for IDC, and also bus to Tel Aviv stops just outside hotel. I didn't have time to sample spa / swimming pool, but they looked very tempting!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
LibiL, Customer Service at Sharon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Sam H,

Thank you kindly for your positive review, and for all your honest feedback. hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon and as such, invite you to join our" Red flower" members club for great discounts and benefits.

With best regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Sharon Hotel, which is beautifully located overlooking the sea in Herzliya, was the first hotel in Herzliya and used to be considered a very good hotel. Having been back there several times in recent years we have noticed a steady deterioration in the level of service and maintenance. During our stay last week, my husband and I made note of the following: there were only two medium-sized towels supplied in the room, supplemented. by a third one on the second day of our stay. On the tray with an electric kettle was a box with some sachets of instant coffee, tea, sugar, sweetener and just one of powdered milk. These items were not refilled at all and there was. O milk there for the rest of our stay. Coming back to our room at the end of one day we discovered that the chambermaid had left her cleaning materials (spray and dirty cloth) on the dressing table. We invited some friends for a light supper in the glassed off area of the terrace, adjacent to the bar. After waiting a considerable time for the order, the three portions of "health sandwiches on whole meal bread" were served to us on white rolls and only when we questioned this were they removed. 15 minutes later the waiter informed us that they had no wholemeal bread available. The food (mostly salad, dominated by olives) was poorly prepared and unappetizing. We regretted not having gone out to one of the many neeR y attractive cafés and restaurants. We were the only diners there and it is not surprising why! And lastly - after receiving an email from their Customer Service representative (libi levy) requesting our feedback, I took the time and trouble to point out some of the things which need rectifying. I received back the standard "bedbug" reply from which it was pretty obvious that my feedback had. to even been read - let alone taken note of. Last time we are going to stay at this shabby and poorly-run hotel!

Room Tip: Make sure the air-conditioning works well. Ours was very noisy and hard to adjust. Our sea view room only afforded us a glimpse of the sea if we stood on the balcony and craned our necks!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shachrai24
LibiL, Customer Service at Sharon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Shachrai24,

We really appreciate your comments and the time taken to share them with us; feedback from our guests is invaluable in our constant aims to further improve our service offerings.
Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest service and experience at all times, so it is always a sincere regret to hear if a guest feels that we have fallen short. While a little late to rectify for you on this occasion, all comments have been taken on board for further investigation and assessment by relevant managers.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I came from Paris with my boyfriend and we had an excellent time at the sharon hotel ! We had a room with the view on the sea. The room was big in off and the view amazing. We used a lot of time the room service it was really nice , good food and fast. The room was clean . The acess to the beach was ok and the restaurant down stair on the beach was really good. My stay was memorable ! Thanks for this amazing stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LibiL, Customer Service at Sharon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Lilie,

Thank you for submitting your comments and sharing your experiences here on Tripadvisor.

You have been most generous with your kind words and your comments, we appreciate it.

We look forward to having you visit us again, hopefully soon.

Kind regards,