“my 2nd home”

Daniel Herzliya Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Herzliya
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I travel to Israel for business every ~5 weeks each time for ~4-5 nights. I started doing so more than two years ago and have been staying only at the Daniel Hotel for the last 20 months.

The place is great and makes my trip much easier:

Location: located by the natural beach of Herzeliya (10 mins from Tel Aviv and a walking distance from Herzeliya's high tech and restaurants area). I enjoy running on the beach in the morning and watching the sunset in the evening.

Staff: the staff here is no less than amazing. Always attentive and helps me with everything I need. I am always greeted whether I arrive late at night or early morning. The staff always welcomes me with chocolate and fruits in my room.

VIP lounge: The VIP business lounge is great and it's very comfortable to work or have meetings there.

Spa: The Spa is fun and lets you finish (or start) the day with great relaxation (pools, dry/wet saunas, jacuzzi, gym, etc.).

Rooms: the rooms are clean, big, with a porch and all have a great view to the beach.

Food: I enjoy the rich, fresh breakfasts. The lobby restaurant and the room service are good as well. Everything is fresh and while there is a great selection, the quality is quite good for a room service.

I so much enjoy the staying here that when I arrived with my family, we spent a few days at the Daniel hotel as part of our vacation. My wife and kids loved it.

I am travelling a lot for business and there is no place that welcomes me and makes the trip as easy (and even fun) as the Daniel Hotel.

I highly recommends this place whether you come for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: ask for the southern building where the rooms have porches. If you travel often, make sure you get...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Daniel Herzliya Hotel

Reviewed 29 September 2011

I got the wedding of a family here, my first stay in Israel, a great hotel location, service, reception ... Superb! I fly a lot and the girl at reception, Mital if I remember right, was so warm and pleasant with a smile and a desire to help .. she accompanied me to a room, even worried I find American football transmitting pub, the room was in the spa, very nice and clean .. And great breakfast .. I definitely come back again! Excellent service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We chose this hotel as the base for a group of family/friends from the UK, visiting Israel to celebrate our daughter’s wedding in June 2011. We took 17 rooms (mainly Deluxe; some Club) in the South Tower for a total of 80 nights. We and all our guests were extremely happy with the helpful service from Riki (Guest Relations) and the staff at Reception. The rooms were cleaned and serviced regularly and the renovated bathrooms have particularly good facilities. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, made good use of the comfortable Lobby Restaurant and were impressed by the Friday night dinner served in the main hotel restaurant. The gardens and pool area were of a high standard with plenty of loungers and chairs available when we wanted to use them - during the weekdays. Like all better quality hotels in Israel, the prices are not cheap but we and our guests felt we had good value for our money. We would definitely choose to stay in a Deluxe or Club Room at The Daniel again if we need to overnight in Herzliya.

Room Tip: Choose Deluxe or Club Rooms - worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This is the third time we stay at Daniel. The hotel is absolutely outstanding. We have been at it location in Herzelia as well as at Dead Sea. Stuff atthehotel is very friendly and helpful and the serves is of thehighest quality. Spesial mention needs to be made tithe old at their restaurant as it is equal to the Beatrice star restaurants in the world. My wife and I made a decision to stayatDaniel hotels every time we come to Israel and we recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Consult with hotels friendly stuff
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Gennady Y
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stayed at the Daniel Hotel in August 2011 with out 3 children (5yr, 2yr and 6months) - and we had the most fantastic holiday. Everyone from the Pool attendants, receptionists and dining staff could not do enough for us. Our children loved the kids club and looked forward to going every day - it was good for them to have activities to do when it was too hot to be outside. The swimming pool was very clean and we never had a problem finding beds by the pool. The kids pool was very well shaded. We had a wonderful experience at the hotel and we would definitely recommend it to our friends. We look forward to staying again next year.

Room Tip: We had a suite which was perfect for a family of 5.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2011

STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!! The cleaning lady stole money from my room twice! Hotel management did nothing to investigate this theft.
2 weeks after I checked out from this disgusting place, my credit card was fraudulently charged $500.
Also, rooms are not cleaned on a regular place. It was problematic to get fresh towels. Their front desk staff was rude and unprofessional.
Only one recommendation: STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank karintskoe
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I'm here on business for 2 weeks. The room is like a motel room that has seen better days. Worn carpet, tatty decor, noisy air con, tired towels, a minibar loud enough to keep you awake, wifi a joke.

Good points - location. The beach is adjacent and there are enough bars and restaurants nearby to compensate for the overpriced restaurant food.

My tip: the hotel has two towers. The old northern tower is markedly worse quality rooms than the newer southern tower which sports balconies. Note all the publicity shots are of the south tower. I advise you to insist on the south tower before arrival.

• Stayed: September 2011