“A great stay”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Herzliya
London, United Kingdom
“A great stay”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a wonderful time in the Daniel Hotel. We were a party of 15 people and received the newly decorated rooms. We enjoyed the fresh colours of the beautiful rooms with their great view over beach and pool-garden.
The staff at the front desk were so helpful! they could not do enough for us to have an amazing stay.
Breakfast and general service were good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sylvie b
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear sylvie b,

It was a real pleasure reading your review.
At the Daniel Herzliya we invest a great deal of efforts in making sure that our guests feel that they are at home and that we care. Each and every guest is exceptional and we like to make them feel that way.
We appreciate that you noticed the difference and that you decided to share it with other guests.
We look forward at hosting you again at the Daniel Herzliya.

Riki Apel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I paid £159.50 per night, which was a discounted rate and the hotel was not satisfactory.

I stayed on level 1 (right hand-side of the hotel), which is the non-renovated side of the hotel.

Before I have my say, I would like to say that the staff (apart from the wake-up call service) especially a chap called Ron were fine and my grumble is not with them, but the actual hotel and what they charge for such an awful room.

I checked in swiftly, but noticed the air con in the lobby was not on very much and as it was 36+ degrees outside, you can imagine you need a decent amount of air con. I got into a lift, which was ever so hot and gained easy access into my room.

My room was not clean.

I could see visible dust and dirt around the room and bathroom. I even had to shower out the bath from the previous habitant. Also, my air con was hardly working. An engineer did come and take a look and get it working, but I was not impressed paying almost £160 per night for a room where I had to chase for an engineer to fix the air con.

I then opened my wardrobe to hang some clothes and the smell of Bo was so disgusting I just shut the door.

Getting your room cleaned each day is an absolute joke. They never hovered in the entire three days I was in my room and simply hung the towels up and made the bed. Also, I had to chase for my room to be attended to.

On my second day I came back to my room and a there was a random black suitcase. I am shocked as Israel is such a high security country and a random case was put in my room and it could have contained anything. I did not open it and simply removed it myself and informed the front desk.

On my last day I asked for a wake-up call at 10:00am. Thank goodness I woke up early as no one called me until 10:35am, which could have been disastrous and I could have missed my flight.

I have stayed all over the World and paid less or around the same amount and think it’s a disgrace that this hotel, which in my eye/British standard is more like a 2 star, charges at a discounted rate £159.50 a night for such a revolting and unclean room.

I would not advise you stay here and also the area is very quiet and not a lot to do. I would advise the strip in Tel Aviv where the Royal Beach Hotel (fabulous hotel) and the Dan etc are located. 5 star hotels, which are 5 star and the area has a lot more to do and see.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank AnonymousAAA
Dear AnonymousAAA,

We were very sorry to learn of your disappointment with your stay. We have tried to obtain further details but have been unable to ascertain which room you stayed in and when you were a guest in our hotel, so if you could contact me to let us have more information we would be most grateful.
At the Daniel Herzliya , our guest's satisfaction is our highest priority and we are very sorry that we were unable to meet and indeed exceed your expectations during your visit.
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly to provide me with further information regarding your stay in order that I can make further investigations.

riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The location was great, the views outstanding but the hotel was dirty. The carpet & drapes in the room needed to be replaced as they were old and dirty. Had to repeatedly ask the management to vacumm the floor, change the sheets and get the hot water working. It appeared someone was eating in my room while I was out conducting business and there was no hot water in the shower. Bathroom was not cleaned everyday and gave up requesting more than one towel and hot water. Great view & location on the beach but the hotel has seen better days and needs a complete makeover including the spa area. I didn't use the pool area but it appeared nicely kept.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jim M
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
We were sorry to learn of your disappointment with the room cleanliness and have passed on your comments to the relevant department in order to assist us to improve the experience for our future guests.

We do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again on your future visits.

LOS ANGELES
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is located on a great spot. Overlooking the mediterranean, with a very easy and short access, to a wonderful beach full with great cafe and restaurants. Our room was on the 12th floor with ocean view, Lounge access and breakfast included. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The lounge was very well stocked and offered wine, great coffee, and lots of food. well worth it. The reception desk was superb. Having arrived early, they made sure to take care of our luggage, offered cold drinks, and made sure to have the room ready in less than 20 minutes! wow... My wife and I loved it , and on our next trip to Israel we will call on the Daniel again.

Room Tip: Ocean front suites on the op floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear ORLANDOMORG,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Daniel Herzliya Hotel We were delighted to read that you enjoyed the views, the food, the service and the location.
It is always a pleasure for us hoteliers to learn more about the positive experience of our guests at our hotel. It gives us the motivation to continue our daily efforts in making sure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again at the Daniel Herzliya.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

You are a 5* hotel. I experienced very good service from the Front Desk (very friendly and helpful), Room service, and in the breakfast area. The location is unbeatable, right on the beach, with easy access to the beach.The breakfast was very good, lots of selection (other than no meat obviously), omelette station, lots of fresh bread choices.
I concluded our 3 days stay in Israel here and really rested and enjoyed the pool, beach, dining, shopping, and even took a bus from right in front of the hotel to see the sights of Tel Aviv and Jaffa.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sorin,
Thank you for being our guest at the Daniel Herzliya Hotel and for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, the service offered and the food.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again on your future visits.

Oxford, England
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Daniel Hotel is very odd. The room I had was all weird angles, with the bed on a diagonal across the room. There were no power points by the desk: nuts, and the internet (which you have to pay for - a pet hate of mine) is sluggish. Dinner in the restaurant was frankly mediocre, and both it and the bar are kind of worn. A lot of the place needs total refurbishment. On the other hand, it provides a very warm welcome, the staff are excellent and friendly, the view is stunning, the fitness room and spa are good, as is the breakfast buffet. So a mixed bag.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
riki a, Public Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Opera-loverOxford,
We were sorry to learn of your disappointment with the Shizen room and have passed on your comments to the relevant department in order to assist us to improve the experience for our future guests.
The Shizen rooms are designed in a unique Japanese style and we get a lot of
compliments about them.
We do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again on your future visits.

Raanana
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We arrived to check in and found out that we had booked the wrong hotel intending to stay at the Daniel. Shani at reception went above and betond the call of duty and helped us sort it out. That good device set the tone for a short and very pleasant stay

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Early123
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Early123 ,

I would like to thank you for such a great review .It was particularly satisfying to read that you
enjoyed your stay with us.

I will make sure to share your wonderful wordsabout the service with our team.

Please feel free to contact me via mail on your next trip to the Daniel Herzlia .

riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il