“Beautiful hotel but small room”

Daniel Herzliya Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Herzliya
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This a a really beautiful resort. The service is excellent. The breakfast was very good. Views are wonderful and the grounds are well maintained. I was surprised there was no parking but this is not uncommon for Israel. There is a parking lot across the road that is reasonable. Street parking is harder to find.

The room is modern, clean, comfortable, well designed but a little small for my tastes. Overall, this is a very nice place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Bernie F ,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and you enjoyed our staf.

Hotels.please sen d me en email before you make your future reservation and i will try to help with room size.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.try to book

Best Regards

Guest Relation Manager
riki.apel@tamareshotels

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Okay, first the good points
1) mostly fantastic and friendly staff. Two in particular worth a mention, Mohammed in the breakfast room and Yohonathan at the pool bar - true gentleman
2) great pool and views of the Med and beach
3) breakfast food, had a great selection and delicious pastries
4) we were upgraded on arrival to a garden executive suite which has two rooms and two bathrooms and was very spacious and clean and plenty of towels plus nice soaps and creams
5) nearly every day, we returned to our room and the hotel had left us fruits or biscuits and small cakes - delicious
6) easy access to the beach
7) plenty of sun beds around the pool and pool area very clean
Now the bad points
1) the internal common area to our room on level -1 was dark, smelly, dingy and the carpets looked they'd never been vacuumed
2) the double doors into this area from the lift lobby were old maintenance doors and looked the entrance of a service area
3) the windows of our room were filthy and looked like they'd never been washed. Such a shame as it blocked the view of the sea
4) as mentioned the hotel gave us fresh fruit regularly and in order to keep it fresh, we wanted to put it into the mini bar fridge. On check out, they added on $114 (unbelievable) because they had to take some items out of the fridge.
5) this is not the place for a quiet vacation. With screaming kids and shouting people in the breakfast room and around the pool my suggestion is if you want some peace and quiet, take some ear plugs with you
6) considering Israel is the IT capital of the world, the wifi in this hotel whether in the biz centre, room and lobby must be the slowest in the country
7) as you walk out the hotel and turn right there's a nice flower bed. Then walk another 20 metres and the area just after is filthy. There's trash, broken bricks and even a couple of disused flip flops, which just lay there for the entire 10 days we were there
8) been on a day trip out the hotel and want a quick dip in the pool at 6.40pm - don't bother. I was twice on two separate days to get out of the pool by the life guard as apparently it was closed. Complete nonsense.
9) the gym equipment must date back 20 years and the spa, changing rooms and gym area needs completely refurbishment

Despite the above, we had a lovely holiday in Israel but why oh why do the owners and management of this hotel go around with their eyes shut, the place has so many positives?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Robert ,

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site.

Some issues could have been rectified during your stay as my team and I are available to guests all the time.

I wish to assure you that we at the Daniel Herzliya Hotel are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation.
Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

If you are planning on returning to Herzliya, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
I also invite you to send me your personal mail address so I can speak to you in person.
My mail address riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il

Best regards
Guest relation manager

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had a brand new room very quiet and clean.

A great variety of excellent fresh and well cooked food.

Swimming pool clean and quiet during the week. Many people on Saturday, but you can also walk on the beach. The sea water is warm and very clean!

I had a great time

Room Tip: My room was over the swimming pool and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Emanuela,

Thank you for your compliment.

I am looking forward to welcome you back to the Daniel Herzelia Hotel by Tamares Hotels.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Best Regards

Guest Relation Manager
riki.apel@tamareshotels

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a wonderful time in the Daniel Hotel. We were a party of 15 people and received the newly decorated rooms. We enjoyed the fresh colours of the beautiful rooms with their great view over beach and pool-garden.
The staff at the front desk were so helpful! they could not do enough for us to have an amazing stay.
Breakfast and general service were good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sylvie b
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear sylvie b,

It was a real pleasure reading your review.
At the Daniel Herzliya we invest a great deal of efforts in making sure that our guests feel that they are at home and that we care. Each and every guest is exceptional and we like to make them feel that way.
We appreciate that you noticed the difference and that you decided to share it with other guests.
We look forward at hosting you again at the Daniel Herzliya.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I paid £159.50 per night, which was a discounted rate and the hotel was not satisfactory.

I stayed on level 1 (right hand-side of the hotel), which is the non-renovated side of the hotel.

Before I have my say, I would like to say that the staff (apart from the wake-up call service) especially a chap called Ron were fine and my grumble is not with them, but the actual hotel and what they charge for such an awful room.

I checked in swiftly, but noticed the air con in the lobby was not on very much and as it was 36+ degrees outside, you can imagine you need a decent amount of air con. I got into a lift, which was ever so hot and gained easy access into my room.

My room was not clean.

I could see visible dust and dirt around the room and bathroom. I even had to shower out the bath from the previous habitant. Also, my air con was hardly working. An engineer did come and take a look and get it working, but I was not impressed paying almost £160 per night for a room where I had to chase for an engineer to fix the air con.

I then opened my wardrobe to hang some clothes and the smell of Bo was so disgusting I just shut the door.

Getting your room cleaned each day is an absolute joke. They never hovered in the entire three days I was in my room and simply hung the towels up and made the bed. Also, I had to chase for my room to be attended to.

On my second day I came back to my room and a there was a random black suitcase. I am shocked as Israel is such a high security country and a random case was put in my room and it could have contained anything. I did not open it and simply removed it myself and informed the front desk.

On my last day I asked for a wake-up call at 10:00am. Thank goodness I woke up early as no one called me until 10:35am, which could have been disastrous and I could have missed my flight.

I have stayed all over the World and paid less or around the same amount and think it’s a disgrace that this hotel, which in my eye/British standard is more like a 2 star, charges at a discounted rate £159.50 a night for such a revolting and unclean room.

I would not advise you stay here and also the area is very quiet and not a lot to do. I would advise the strip in Tel Aviv where the Royal Beach Hotel (fabulous hotel) and the Dan etc are located. 5 star hotels, which are 5 star and the area has a lot more to do and see.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AnonymousAAA

Dear AnonymousAAA,

We were very sorry to learn of your disappointment with your stay. We have tried to obtain further details but have been unable to ascertain which room you stayed in and when you were a guest in our hotel, so if you could contact me to let us have more information we would be most grateful.
At the Daniel Herzliya , our guest's satisfaction is our highest priority and we are very sorry that we were unable to meet and indeed exceed your expectations during your visit.
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly to provide me with further information regarding your stay in order that I can make further investigations.

riki.apel@tamareshotels.co.il

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The location was great, the views outstanding but the hotel was dirty. The carpet & drapes in the room needed to be replaced as they were old and dirty. Had to repeatedly ask the management to vacumm the floor, change the sheets and get the hot water working. It appeared someone was eating in my room while I was out conducting business and there was no hot water in the shower. Bathroom was not cleaned everyday and gave up requesting more than one towel and hot water. Great view & location on the beach but the hotel has seen better days and needs a complete makeover including the spa area. I didn't use the pool area but it appeared nicely kept.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim M
riki a, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Herzliya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.
We were sorry to learn of your disappointment with the room cleanliness and have passed on your comments to the relevant department in order to assist us to improve the experience for our future guests.

We do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again on your future visits.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is located on a great spot. Overlooking the mediterranean, with a very easy and short access, to a wonderful beach full with great cafe and restaurants. Our room was on the 12th floor with ocean view, Lounge access and breakfast included. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The lounge was very well stocked and offered wine, great coffee, and lots of food. well worth it. The reception desk was superb. Having arrived early, they made sure to take care of our luggage, offered cold drinks, and made sure to have the room ready in less than 20 minutes! wow... My wife and I loved it , and on our next trip to Israel we will call on the Daniel again.

Room Tip: Ocean front suites on the op floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ORLANDOMORG,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Daniel Herzliya Hotel We were delighted to read that you enjoyed the views, the food, the service and the location.
It is always a pleasure for us hoteliers to learn more about the positive experience of our guests at our hotel. It gives us the motivation to continue our daily efforts in making sure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again at the Daniel Herzliya.