“Guest review”

Okeanos Bamarina Exclusive Suites Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Herzliya
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were received by a very competent as well as customer oriented team which made our arrival and stay absolutely comfortable.

The apartment was neat and cosy with a wonderful view at the beach and sea of Herzliyya-Pituach.

Our additional requests were met with a friendly smile and quick answer and result.

All in all we fully enjoyed our time in the Okeanos Ba'Marina Hotel and hence connect the appealing environment with very positive remembrances.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We were happy with our 1 bedroom suite - v clean & comfortable. We had a sea view ( which I think essential) but no balcony which would have been nice. We were initially disappointed with the pool area opening times : 12.00 till 6.00pm but after complaining with our other friends who were staying there the time was changed to 11.00 till 6.00pm & some sunbeds & umbrellas put on the grass outside the pool area. We all would have liked the pool to be open from 10.00 till 7.00pm but were pleased that some change was made. All the staff were helpful especially Stella & Leon. It is not pretending to be a 5 star hotel but certainly is good value and we would recommend it to friends & would stay there again.

Room Tip: Request sea view & balcony
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Very convenient location minutes walk from wth marina with plenty of restaurants and shops.
The Manager, Stella and Leon who work on reception were so helpful and kind and made us feel really welcome.

Room Tip: The pool wasn't open for long hours due to the fact that the law states that they have a lifegua...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

My husband was in Herzliya for work and our grown daughter and I tagged along. We had a one bedroom suite which was spacious and our daughter was quite happy sleeping on the sofa bed. I can't really add much to all the other positives that have been said about this hotel. It's not fancy but was very clean and comfortable. If you are a late sleeper you will be jarred out of bed by housekeeping ringing the doorbell because there is no DND sign. I assumed by their website and other reviews that all suites had a view and balcony. We had neither. Wifi does work well but is not included. I thought breakfast was adequate. Staff was very friendly and helpful and housekeeping was excellent! Would definitely return!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a suite away from the elevator with a balcony and view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I travel for work and the way I look at things may be a little different. With this hotel you must be looking for and expecting apartment style living and long stay accommodations. I was, and I was very happy with what I got. Room was spacious enough, clean, and comfortable. Request a balcony, it made all the difference and made for some very enjoyable evenings. I didn’t like the breakfast but that is personal taste, some others may have liked it. The hotel could use a little updating but everything was functional and I had not problems. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Herzliya.

Room Tip: Request a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dpcybuck
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My wife and I recently spent ten nights at the Okeanos Marina. On previous visits to Israel we stayed at the Okeanos Hotel at Herzliyah Beach. On this occasion we decided to try the Okeanos Marina which is very close to the Marina with a variety of restaurants, a shopping mall, an excellent, well stocked supermarket and a drug store. There is a beach across from the hotel. The hotel is also quite close to the high tech area with a variety of interesting restaurants and is also a five minute drive from the main highway to Tel Aviv.
We had originally reserved a studio apartment via an online reservation direct with the hotel. The reservation was handled efficiently with prompt responses to my queries. Imagine how pleasantly surprised we were when on check-in the manager Stella Schloss advised that she had done a complimentary upgrade to a one bedroom apartment. We were even more delighted when we walked into our ocean facing apartment. The apartment was spotless, very spacious and well furnished. It had the largest walk-in closet I have ever seen with ample hanging and storage space for a family of four, a built in wall safe, and an electric trouser press which I always appreciate. There was a large living room and a kitchenette with crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, a fridge and a small two plate cooker. The bedroom was also well furnished and the king size bed was very comfortable. We were also delighted to discover that the bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub. High speed wireless internet access is available in the apartments. Although a little pricey at $13 per day, I found the internet service to be very reliable. I never experienced any difficulty in accessing the internet or interruption of service which is more than I can say for some five star hotels I have stayed at. I must add a quick note about the excellent housekeeping service. Our apartment was promptly serviced each day at 9 a.m. and was well cleaned. A daily complimentary breakfast buffet was included which offers a good selection of cold cereals, pastries, cheeses, vegetables, breads, jams, eggs, fruit juices and an assortment of teas and coffees.
The hotel has a large swimming pool which was pristine and well maintained. The pool hours are somewhat limited though. There is a health club adjoining the pool. Although our needs are relatively modest, we found the variety of equipment in the gym to be disappointing as was the quality of the equipment. There were two Lifecycles which were unplugged, one cross trainer and three treadmills, as well as some weight machines. If any area could use an upgrade, the health club would certainly qualify. We rented a car and the hotel provided us with complimentary underground parking which offers direct access to the hotel. We really appreciated this convenient parking facility. In my travelling experience most hotels charge a hefty parking fee for hotel parking.
If you are looking for a full service, four star plus hotel, the Okeanos Marina is not for you. If your choice is a first rate apartment hotel, that is well run and well located, then I strongly recommend the Okeanos Marina. Compliments to Stella Schloss and her colleague Leon who made our stay so comfortable and enjoyable. My wife and I will certainly be returning to the Okeanos Marina on our next visit to Israel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank joan5626
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This hotel is everything it should be. The only complaint I have is that it cost slightly more than I could afford. The staff were friendly and helpful. The sea view was just that, not the poor excuse for a sea view I have seen on too many hotels. The kitchen was well stocked and fully functional. The walk-in cupboard (closet) was enormous with lots of hangars. There was a new 2 litre bottle of mineral water to get us started. The plumbing was in perfect working order. The bed was comfortable. The cleaning staff replaced soap, shampoo etc. as soon as it was used. I shall return if I can afford to.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple