“Homage to beauty”

Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Israeli
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Homage to beauty”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Otzarin has it both. The classification can be-boutique ambiance. And the meaning is not only mesmerizing outdoor to Jaffa port, and inner old-new style, but dishes that make you eat slowly and enjoy every bite. i was visiting Friday morning for a brunch, and before food came I was curious to wonder around the 2 terraces, and find special corners then i learnt that this was the first guest house in Jaffa, and there are some interesting local legend.
On the table were waiting for me- an omlette with herbs, lentil and quinoa salad, sea brim fillet and more. Fabrice the chef was the owner of the masterpieces, decorated beautifully. I almost felt in Normandy and Paris, were he brought his cook knowledge and aesthetic wisdom. Everything was very fresh, and you could feel that it was early market staff. The homemade bread opened our apetite.the onion tart, made us consult with the scales, but they didn’t answer, so we continued.
This place is inviting some performances of artists. We didn’t have the opportunity to join but we hope that summer 2014, will do. Many tourists that stroll on the ancient pavements of Jaffa, would love to have a break in such a place, that Friday mornings serves as gourmet coffee house. the rush schedule can wait, as this is a place to remember and recommend.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank gili1963

London
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We just had brunch at a little cafe that recently opened in the old city of Yafo. We found out about it through Secret TLV, and we thought we would give it a try.

I am so glad that we went. The space is apparently normally hired out for private events, and the couple that runs it caters events, but they also open on Fridays for individuals who want to eat there. The cafe itself is inside of an old building in the old city of Yafo, and is airy and spacious, and a couple tables have a great view of the sea.

We had an exceptional breakfast, for NIS 140 for the two of us. Sure, the price was a bit more than the usual "breakfast for 2" for NIS 99 that you normally see on city breakfast menus - but the brunch we had was worth it, and much more. So much time and thought went into planning the dishes, which were varied and creative, fresh, healthy, and simply delicious.

Our breakfast consisted of a gorgeous cold fish salad (doesn't sound appetizing but it was incredible), an avocado-strawberry salad, a quinoa salad, a fish/olive tapenade, cheeses, olives, roasted tomatoes, two kinds of whole-fruit, homemade jam, a variety of delicious homemade breads, a herb salad, freshly squeezed juice, an omelette and more. Super generous portions and really lovely staff.

We haven't stopped raving about the place since we left this afternoon, and I'm really looking forward to returning. I don't normally post reviews (out of sheer laziness), but I liked this place so much that I felt compelled to write about it.

I remember the owner telling me that they host Tuesday night singer-songwriter nights - so that might be nice, too!

Anyway - just go.