“Loved the beer”

Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Artesia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Is also a brewery. Food ia excellent as is the variety of locally brewed beer.
Gainesville, Virginia
“Loved the beer”
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We had a burger and wings for lunch. Both were good, but not outstanding. The French fries were crispy, but could have been hotter. I had a beer sampler and liked all three beers that I selected. We would definitely eat here again when in the area.

Dallas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding beer, good food.”
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I am a connoisseur of brewpubs and this would rank as one of my favorites. Even if you are staying in Carlsbad it would be worth the drive. Too often brewpubs over-hop styles that should be malt-forward. Fortunately, this is not the case here: the Wit and the Chocolate Stout both had a predominately malty flavor, while hop heads can get their fill from the pale ale.

The large portions of food were simple, fresh, well prepared. I had the burger, while my wife had the catfish. Both were very good. The onion rings were particularly good.

The atmosphere was nice. We sat on the bar side which was more brightly lit and (like all New Mexico Restaurants) smoke free. The Restaurant side has a more dimly lit and romantic atmosphere.

Appeared to be closed on Sunday.

Willis, Texas
“Great Brew Pub - good beer and food”
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I had the grilled chicken salad with cranberrys and pecans. It was awesome! I also enjoyed two of mcrobrews the amber and the dark and both were very good. The price for the beer was standard for microbrews. Food was very reasonably priced.

Murrieta, California
“I'd go again”
Reviewed 29 May 2010

VIsiting Artesia I was very hesitant on where we would have to go over a three day weekend. The atmosphere is fun and lively. The burgers weren't as good as my local place in California but decent. The local beer was good and service was prompt. I will be going back there on my next visit.

1 Thank MittMor7