“not good”

Ranked #9 of 40 Restaurants in Artesia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Is also a brewery. Food ia excellent as is the variety of locally brewed beer.
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I had enchiladas. The tortillas had not been warmed and the sauce tasted like it was from a can. Service was okay.

Reviewed 28 November 2010

This cute little restaurant was a gem on our road trip on Thanksgiving. They have great micro brews: we shared a Indian Basin Wheat, Roughneck Red Ale and Crude Oil Stout which were all delicious, with the wheat as the very favorite. They served excellent blackened catfish with cajun spices and mashed potatoes, and the flat iron steak made with "chuck" was exceptional. Very friendly staff, and a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 October 2010

We had a burger and wings for lunch. Both were good, but not outstanding. The French fries were crispy, but could have been hotter. I had a beer sampler and liked all three beers that I selected. We would definitely eat here again when in the area.

Reviewed 18 August 2010

I am a connoisseur of brewpubs and this would rank as one of my favorites. Even if you are staying in Carlsbad it would be worth the drive. Too often brewpubs over-hop styles that should be malt-forward. Fortunately, this is not the case here: the Wit and the Chocolate Stout both had a predominately malty flavor, while hop heads can get their fill from the pale ale.

The large portions of food were simple, fresh, well prepared. I had the burger, while my wife had the catfish. Both were very good. The onion rings were particularly good.

The atmosphere was nice. We sat on the bar side which was more brightly lit and (like all New Mexico Restaurants) smoke free. The Restaurant side has a more dimly lit and romantic atmosphere.

Appeared to be closed on Sunday.

Reviewed 17 August 2010

I had the grilled chicken salad with cranberrys and pecans. It was awesome! I also enjoyed two of mcrobrews the amber and the dark and both were very good. The price for the beer was standard for microbrews. Food was very reasonably priced.