“Way overcooked steak; friendly staff ”

pecos diamond steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Artesia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Http://www.yelp.com/biz/pecos-diamond-steakhouse-artesia
Description: Http://www.yelp.com/biz/pecos-diamond-steakhouse-artesia
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in here for lunch yesterday. We arrived about an hour and a half before they closed. We both ordered the river recommended by our server. My husband ordered his medium-rare and I ordered mine medium-well. The salad bar came with our meal. Although it was close to closing time the salad bar was still fresh. It did not take long for our food to arrive. When we received our food, my husband's steak was cooked medium-well and mine was cooked well-done. It was really unfortunate. However my mashed potatoes and brown gravy were delicious. I wish the portion was larger though. My husband got the fried okra and he didn't care for it much. I thought it was okay. My son didn't seem to like his corn or chicken strips. The staff was fantastic!

If we come back to Artesia, I'm not sure if we will stop in again or not.

There are newer reviews for pecos diamond steakhouse

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The salad bar is outstanding. I had the sirloin tips and they were good as well. Ended the meal with cheese cake and it all was just over 20 bucks. Definitely worth the price.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Reasonably priced, clean and good service. Steaks are good...according to who's cooking. Best salad bar/chicken fried steak in town.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Pecos Diamond has great chicken strips and a good salad bar. The lunch specials are only $7.95 and come with lots of food. Good service. Not as crowded as some people claim.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This restaurant is very ordinary and the "ambience" is extremely mom and pop. They maintain a top flight salad bar which would rival any four star restaurant. Otherwise... not much to write home about. If you want a great salad, stop here.