“Best BBQ restaurant in town”
Review of Henry's Barbecue

Henry's Barbecue
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Artesia
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Quick and clean. Ribs and other meat selections are great, as are the sides. Cafeteria style. Wonderful staff makes you feel at home. We eat there 2-3 times a month.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We passing through on the way to Texas and with an internet search, found Henry's. Not much to look at from the outside but step inside and you are in bbq heaven. That delicious smoky aroma in the area starts your mouth watering. There is a counter (reminded me of Boston market!) where you picked out your meats, then basically pointed at the sides. Husband had a huge serving of pulled pork and I did the ribs. Every bite was delicious. The sides were fine - the meat is the star of the show here. Good selection of beverages - fountain and bottled. Assortment of what looks like locally made desserts. The guy at the counted greeted us as friendly as if we were local and I appreciate that because so many places on the road they know you are passing through and don't bother. But the staff here is so friendly and the owner came by all the tables, said hello and thanked the customers for coming. Prices were fair for the quantity and quality of food - $11-$15 with a beverage.

I doubt I will ever be in Artesia agaIn but if I am within a one hour drive I'll certainly come back!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were greeted by the owner as we entered the restaurant. Very friendly staff. Great BBQ smell upon entering. The menu offers numerous meats and side dishes without spending lots of time to read. The food is displayed at a counter and is plated as you voice your choice. Servings are generous. BBQ sauces are at the tables. Drinks are self- serve. Seat yourself. I had ribs, my wife had turkey. Both of us were pleased with our meals and will return. The restaurant was clean and well lighted. In fact, the restroom was so clean that I sought out the owner to compliment him. Quality for the price. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife wanted to celebrate an event at work today and we pulled into the lot at Henry's as we continue to sample the eating establishments here in Artesia.

We arrived about 4:30 pm on Wednesday, March 12, 2014.

First thing you get is the smell. That delicious BBQ smell. Inside you come right up against the menu and serving area which you can't miss. The menu is on the wall as chalk on blackboard paint.

My wife ordered the Half Rack of Pork Ribs as well as the two sides and bread which comes with it. I had the half pound of meat, Sliced Brisket and Pulled Pork.

Finding us a window booth we sat down and got started. The first thing my wife saw was the meat on the ribs, which had been sliced for us, was very thick, almost three quarters of an inch and the rind was just wonderful. If you read some of our previous posts you will see we have been to Texas and some supposed really good BBQ which we did not like at all.

This was pleasantly surprising. Food was hot, flavor was good and the portion sizes were very satisfactory.

My brisket I thought was a bit on the dry side and the BBQ sauce seemed a little thin, but had a fantastic flavor. My pulled pork was absolutely right on.

The baked beans on the side were great. My wife had cold slaw and liked it while I had corn as my second side, it was from a can....

$25 for the both of us and we were completely satisfied.

A little about the resturaunt, it was originally built as a larger Dairy Queen. My late uncle worked and managed in it back in the day before it became a BBQ.

We will be back.

Oh, the help was very friendly and offered to answer any questions we had. They take credit cards even though that is not obviously posted.

If you need a to-go box, not a problem.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Wow....this was a real surprise. Great food and such friendly service. A very casual place where you move along the line ordering what you want and they are very generous portions. Husband had chicken fried steak (special today) and 'spicy' pinto beans that he loved as a side along with mashed potatoes....all of which were very good. I had an organic salad (greens, croutons, cranberries, etc.) and topped with pulled pork.....it was yummy!!! They have pieces of cake, pie and cobbler for dessert and then they come around and give you a complimentary cup of ice cream. This is an old DQ so parking can be a challenge as it was very busy and rightfully so. This is a must when we come through Artesia again.

1  Thank Phyllis S