“A good dinner”

Adobe Rose Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Adobe Rose Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Artesia
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A good dinner”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We ate at this restaurant during a recent trip to Artesia. We had a young waitress who tried to provide her best service. She was a little unfamiliar with her menu, but did get information to answer questions. She did have a bad habit of playing with her hair which is a reprehensible habit.
My better half had the lamb shank and I had the pecan crusted catfish. The lamb was awesome, but the catfish was a little bland. We ordered the jalapeno appetizers which were nothing short of awesome. Their grilled bread is outstanding.
If we are in the area again, we would go to this restaurant,

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Camster1

Tyler, Texas
“A Rose is a rose is a . . . . . . .”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My husband and I came through Artesia, NM on our way back to TX. It was a very bad weather-wise night but we had been told ahead to make a reservation(good advice). They were very crowded and we thought this might not have been a good ideas. HOWEVER, it was one of the best restaurant experiences we've ever had. We were immediately placed in the bar area to wait for out table and before we finished our drinks, were seated. Gus ordered a comfort food dish of roast beef, mashed potatoes and a vegetable. I ordered the filet. It was perfectly cooked and flavorable. Chris was our waiter who took excellent care of us from the moment we walked in the restaurant. We raved so much to him about the food that I'm sure he told the chef who came out to meet us. She runs a great kitchen. We will return.Helen Smith

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank HelenC07
Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Heard a lot of good things from Pecos Dining guide. But, was a little disappointed. They sat us close to the door and every time someone came in or out, a cold draft came in. Which was quite often since they offer outdoor seating and is apparently the only door. We came for their advertised special, Scallops, but was told they were sold out the night before. So my husband ordered the Salmon, my daughter ordered the chicken enchiladas. My toddler grandson had Mac & cheese and I ordered the chicken & waffles. My husband liked the salmon and my daughter thought her's was just ok. The strips of chicken was flavorful, but the waffles were awful. They were hard to cut and very dry. They had no taste at all. My grandson Mac & cheese were just pasta with a little cheese thrown in last minute. No flavor and he refused to eat it. I'm sure we will try again, but not anytime soon.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank honeyside
Hallettsville, Texas
“Totally off their game”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

When we arrived, the restaurant had some kind of live music on their patio, and they had valet parking, for which we paid $4.00. We ordered drinks first, and the water was very slow getting there. Then, we ordered dinner. It is neat the wait staff have iPads they carry to take your order. But, that's where the neat factor stopped. I ordered the pork chops, and the chef brought the wrong plate to our table. A few minutes later, they delivered our order. My dinner companion's was correct. I looked at mine, and thought that it was two bone-in chops covered in something, so proceeded to taste. These were not pork chops, but they tried to sneak in a pork shank instead! The chef did come back out and asked what he could do to make it right. As my dinner companion was almost finished with his, I did not reorder anything. The owner did apologize, but this review would have been much better had he at least comped my beer or our parking. There are much better choices of places to eat in Artesia.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GC50MH56
“Good food with unique menu”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We were staying at the inn attached to the restaurant and decided to eat dinner here rather than traveling out. The atmosphere was very nice and romantic with fine dining experience at a very affordable price. We were seated promptly and the waiter answered our questions about each of the plates with a super friendly attitude and very knowledgeable. We didn't wait too long before the food came out and everything tasted great. Portion sizes were very generous too. My boyfriend had the meatloaf with the Coco-cola gravy, grilled asparagus, and cheesy smashed potatoes and I had the Hawaiian sliders with a baked potato and lemonade tart bomber (lemonade with OJ). From what I can tell, they change their menu seasonally so I would definitely check their menu online before coming in.

• Visited September 2013