“Nicely decorated and charming property”
Review of Adobe Rose

Adobe Rose
Adobe Rose
Ranked #2 of 3 Artesia B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Nicely decorated and charming property”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My friend and I were visiting the Carlsbard Caverns and would like to stay in a B&B, and didnt mind the drive (about an hour from the Caverns). The owner, Megan, was very accommodating and friendly, she doesnt stay on the property but came to wait for us at 10pm when we arrived. The room is nicely decorated, with a queen bed, and a small sitting area with a sofa bed and dining table. There're chairs, swings in the patio too... The owners has put a lot of efforts in keeping the property clean and charming.. Breakfast, however, is simple and nothing fancy...Overall, good price for the money and doesnt mind staying again...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank cakewalk2011

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Was in Artesia on business and someone recommended we eat at the Adobe Rose. We had a great meal and we would go back. For a small town like Artesia the restaurant was much more than I expected. Upscale casual decor like you might find in larger cities. We were there in the middle of the afternoon so there was few customers so no waiting. Service was good and friendly. The presentation of the food was impressive. I had the bison burger with peppers and cream cheese. Unusual and very very good. I would order that again. It came with hot crispy thin fries served in a mini-deep fryer metal basket. We also had their chips and salsa. All very good and at very reasonable prices. If you were in a larger city the same meal would cost 30% more. So, good meal, great value, good service. We would go back again !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Adobe Rose Bed and Breakfast is an unusual place. There’s a common room which all the rooms open onto. So that’s the B and B part. But each room also has its own outside entrance. So that is appealing to non B and B people. We found it to be the lowest rate in the area and had good reviews so we decided to try it. Our room set-up was great—a sitting room plus a large bedroom. All very clean, nice bathroom with a good shower. It happened to be quite cold during our two night stay. That’s where a problem cropped up. The sitting area was very cold and that’s where the outside door entered so that made things even colder. After enduring an hour or two of that, we called the B and B owner and she told us about a heater in the bedroom area. We moved that and things were good! Breakfast was continental but it was fine as long as you weren’t looking for more. Meghan was very nice to deal with and we enjoyed having the extra space. Just be sure to look for the heater if you are in #4.

Room Tip: Ask about the heater for #4 if you're there in cold weather.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank kglen1
chandler
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stay at Adobe Rose B&B at least eight days a month. The staff has met every need I've had since I started staying here in June 2012. The rooms are spacious and artfully decorated; the furniture is rustic and in keeping with the flavor of southern New Mexico. Other amenities are breakfast, more cable tv channels than you can count, washer/dryer, huge comfortable common room and a lovely courtyard. I can't wait for the restaurant to open. The cost to stay here was very reasonable and less than other hotels in the area. You're going to love it here.

Room Tip: Don't pick room #5: it's mine. It opens on the courtyard. The grotto is a cool sound to star...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank urbie_from_az
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This place is great! I went to visit my husband at the FLETC Academy and it was right accross the street (perfect for us to spend as much time together before he had to be back for curfew- he'd leave at 9:45 every night and walked back with plenty of time before 10) It feels like home- nice big rooms comparable to a lot of hotel suites! The breakfast is basic- fruit, cereals, toast, coffee, tea, and oatmeal but it's good. The owners are a sweet husband and wife who took really great care of me while I was by myself during the day, waiting for the hubby to get out of class. He gave me access to his extensive movie collection since artesia really has NOTHING to do. So overall I had a great time at the Adobe Rose!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank EBelle143
Arcade, New York
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My wife and I just spent 5 nights at this quiet little B&B. Our room was warm and big and very comfortable. New owners had taken over this hideaway only 1 week prior to us arriving and they had made improvements with many more going on aswe stayed. Meghan, our host was very very helpfull, friendly and made sure that you got anything we had asked for. Although it is not in the city, its location is so easy to get to and get around this part of New Mexico. We will definetely go back and I am sure, will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Rooms 3 &4 are the best with 3 being handicap acessable as well. Rooms are also mostly quiet whi...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank dan r
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Although the room was sparkling clean, the food provided for the breakfast and snack was terrible! Absolutely nothing was homemade and all the pastries were of no better quality than found in your standard "free with the room rental" at a motel. I look forward to some home cooked food in a B and B and there was nothing like that here. Brochures and New Mexico magazines were years out of date making the place seem uncared for. This place was a disappointment!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple