Legacy Inn & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$138
US$134
US$128
La Quinta Inn & Suites Artesia(Artesia)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$300
US$203
US$389
US$371
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were in the area to visit Carlsbad Caverns and found the hotels in Carlsbad to be overpriced, primarily due to the oil boom in the area. The Legacy inn & Suites was quiet, clean and had a good breakfast. The hotel is located at the far end of town in Artesia. Note that we also liked the Chinese Buffet restaurant in the downtown area. Walmart nearby and a good Albertson's in Carlsbad for grocery shopping. The drive from Artesia to Carlsbad is about 20-25 minutes and easy. So if you are willing to stay a bit away for a better value, we thought it was worth the effort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gertper
Sammie V, General Manager at Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words you had to share about our hotel. We are very pleased that you stayed with us and hope that you will return. Comments such as yours help to spread the word about the better hotels which are out there. Once again, thank you for choosing Legacy Inn & Suites.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were driving from Roswell / White Sands National Monument and decided to stay an extra night so we could take our time the following day at the Carlsbad cavern. We called Carlsbad Holiday Inn and looked online for reasonable prices - none to be had. No way was I going to pay $300 for a Holiday Inn in some small town in New Mexico. So, we took our chances to see what we could find on the road between White Sands Monument and Carlsbad... We saw Artesia had a Best Western ... we saw it... there was a Chinese restaurant and a lounge below it and it just seemed like a lot of people milling around, so we noticed Legacy Inn across the street, which looked calmer and more settled for our family (with two kids). Not only did they have a great original price, but she gave us a discount so we paid $100 per room (we booked two rooms w/ King beds)... Yes, the decor is a little off even though they are just now going through the remodeling ... I guess I'd say the new decor looks low-end, but I'm also not paying for the Hilton either... so it was fine by me. I had a new amazingly comfortable bed, which was fabulous since we arrived late. And our room had a flat screen TV.. although the boys' room didn't (bad luck of the draw, fellas!), but their door had a sign on it saying it was still being remodeled, so I'm wondering if their tube tv wasn't going to be traded out soon???

Room was clean, quiet... no issues. I also liked the green approach of sliding a laminated card under the door with hotel costs written in dry ink vs. wasting all the paper for the check out bill you get at other hotels. The free breakfast was typical ... eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, pastries, cereal... hell, Holiday Inn charges for this stuff now... so ya... I would stay here again, knowing I cannot expect a Hilton because it was clean, reasonable and customer-oriented. We're glad we stayed here and paid less for TWO rooms than we would have for one in Carlsbad.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristine B
Sammie V, General Manager at Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to send you review of our hotel in. You are correct that we are currently under going some renovations and I appreciate your understanding. The new furniture should be here this weekend. Yeah!! I hope that when you travel this way again, that you will stay with us for more than one night. Artesia is an interesting little (big) town with some very nice sights.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We were. vacationing in nm and heading towards tx. We wanted to see the carlsbad caverns and had no idea we would run into issues finding hotels , NOT because of tourists but because of the oil workers . Every hotel is nearly booked and way over priced. They are trying at this hotel but it still needs slit of work. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Carpet is new in room and they have updated the bed spreads and added special touches . Bathroom had tile missing and and needs some attention on cleanliness. Even though the walls are thin, we initially heard some snoring but it went away. Also did not hear the guys leaving in the morning. Very quiet. Tv fridge and microwave all worked well. Overall it needs some attention. I would stay here again if I came through.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TC c
Sammie V, General Manager at Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond concerning your recent stay. Yes, the hotels are very pricey in this area but we do try to stay in a mid-range just for travelers like yourself. I am happy that you found the room to your liking. We are in the process of updating everything about our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation and were able to see the Big Bend area in Texas. Perhaps if you come this way again, you will stay with us one more time.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I tried 3 different times and all rooms I got were clean but the smell was terrible...front desk guy not very attentive even when he noticed I had stayed there other times and was indistinct to my choices...never again

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Javier S
Sammie V, General Manager at Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

I wish that I had known about your stay at the time it happened because maybe I could have done something to help. All of our rooms are non smoking but of course, some people do not pay attention to that. I can not imagine where the drain smell would have been coming from but I will have maintenance check on that.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed in late April for one night and decided on Legacy Inns based on reviews and the nightly rate ($120+). The room and the hotel were dated - tube TV, peeling paint, etc. While the room was not dirty, it definitely wasn't clean. Breakfast was the normal spread at every other hotel. We’ll look elsewhere for better value if in Artesia again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Sammie V, General Manager at Legacy Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us last spring but I hope you will return in the future. Sometime in late fall or early winter we are going to have a make over with all new everything. Please consider returning so we can try again.

Thank you.