“Bad for the price” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Nahariya
Netanya, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Bad for the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We paid 700 NIS for 1 night HB. For the room we got I would pay top 100 NIS if no less. The room was not very clean, old, the door to the room wouldn't close until u gave it a good shove! There were 2 adjunct beds instead of 1 big one. They said they had cable, well, they had few channels from cable, and regular Israeli TV. The bathroom had some black stains in it, the water in the shower was hard to regulate - it was either too hot or cold.
On the plus side, there was tea and coffee in the room and fridge.
Very noisy! The kids running in corridors felt like they run on your head, we could hear babies crying and kids screaming in other rooms as if they were in ours, could hear our neighbours taking a shower.
The hotel was full of people! The lobby is very cold and small, there were 2 elevators, one was Shabbat and the other barely moved. Ugly, cold atmosphere in the hotel!
And yet, the food was pretty good, variety. I asked for hot tea at dinner, they told me they can't make one cause it's Shabbat, and yet in the morning it was there although it was still Shabbat. No other complaints about the restaurant, pretty good.
Spa. I don't know who was the "genious" who thought of the idea, but the jaccuzzi is on this verand where there are no windows, and it pretty windy and cold there. And the water in the jaccuzzi is not very hot!
Other than that the spa is nice, u can get massages there or just sit, relax, read magazines, watch TV, there is tea, coffee, pastries there.
There is outside pool in this hotel, but only in summer.
I will not be going back there and I don't recommend it!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

we needed a place to sleep for one night.
this is what our company found and it was ok but hey... do not develope any expectations... just a place to lay your head after a long drive...
the hot water was either boiling or very cold...
the breakfast was nice and quite complete.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Our family of five enjoyed our stay at this well located hotel.The rooms were adjoining and nice,everything worked as it was expected to.We only stayed one night as we toured Israel but we were happy and would go back again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

The location is great , but the service , food , cleanlinnes , and staff are very bad .
I have never had such a bad experience !!! i will never recomend the hotel , and will never go back .
They should have a rate of two stars not four !!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Omer D

Travellers are raving about these Nahariya hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

To begin with the location is good. The hotel is on ha-gaaton boulevard which is pretty much center of town. Food is above average, and that sums pretty much the good things to say.
The rooms are ok but kind of gray. The carpet on the corridors was not clean. Our friends room had a dirty shower in check in time and egg (!) remains under the bed!!
In bath room water were dripping from the ceiling and later on there niagra stopped working. It took two calls to the reception for someone to come and fix it..
The pool was not pleasant , with almost no shade at all. The recreation team was an middle aged , overweight man who tried his best but was kind of pathetic. You had to see it to believe it....
On the overall, don't know about other options in nahariya, but the Carlton, should be only the second one if not the third....,

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank eran g
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

This is my second hotel at Israel. I stayed here 3 nights during business trip.
Location is good in Nahariya town. Breakfast is not good but OK
No car parking lot. Hotel quality is 2+ or 3 stars standard but the price is close to 4 star then not value for money.
A group of tourist are also stayed here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Zugus
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

The staff were very helpful and always smiling and friendly. The food was average and the hotel itself was dated and not so clean (my room had old chewing gum stuck to the floor!). Heathrow lost my luggage, as they are professionals at losing luggage. I didn't have any clothes from Friday to Monday except what I was traveling in, in the middle of Israeli summer this was very bad. My bag also had my tools as I was on business installing a machine, smelly engineer, with no tools, thanks heathrow.

The Staff at the hotel were making calls for me when I told them what happened and when they could not get answers sent emails, as well as taking my email and phone number to update me. When my bag did arrive, they stopped me as I walked passed reception as informed me it was waiting in my room.

Breakfast was average, usual selection. Had dinner once and it wasn't great.

There is LOTS of kids at this hotel so be prepared for that: constant door knocking along the corridor, elevator in constant use, busy lobby but this does not bother me personally (reminds me of home).

I feel bad having to mark the hotel down as the people here were so friendly and helpful and the location very good but it was very dirty.

SAFETY: You are about 10 Kilometers from the Lebanese border, if there is any war/fighting going on, do not stay in this area. There was 4 rockets fired at the town when I was there and I had to me moved closer to Tel Aviv

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank McCr3a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nahariya
Shtarkman Erna Boutique Hotel
Ga'aton Motel
Ga'aton Motel
#3 of 7 in Nahariya
Olive Boutique Hotel Nahariya

Been to Carlton Nahariya? Share your experiences!