“Better than I expected”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Nazareth
Lydbrook, England, United Kingdom
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had read some fairly critical reviews of this hotel before I departed, so was slightly concerned. In fact in many departments I found it very good. My room was excellent, very comfortable, and the food was brilliant. Its position, in the old part of Nazareth was great if you wanted to do a bit of shopping. The staff seemed very friendly and helpful also.
On the down side, because most of its business is with large tour groups at times the restaurant got very crowded and noisy and sometimes access to the escalators was very slow due to sheer volume of traffic (we were on the 4th floor, so this was a necessity, plus the stairs were not very accessible). Also it provided internet access for a price, but the computer had such a small keyboard it was almost unreadable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed three nights part of a Jerusalem Pilgrimage and it was ok. Rooms are satisfactory, basics are there, the stuff is so busy they couldn't attend to you even if they wanted ! They never gave me the impression they cared :). Do not expect much and you will not be disappointed. Elevators seem always busy, take the stairs if you want to be on time, or leave 5 min earlier the room.
The food is great ! quite specific, less meat and a lot of vegetables - we really enjoyed it, great variety of vegetables and cooked in so many ways.
If you go as a pilgrim it is excellent, purpose not being focused on quality of the place etc.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the back side and upper floor. Eventhough the elevators are hard to get, it will be...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
RimonimHotels, Front Office Manager at Rimonim Hotel Nazareth, responded to this review, 28 December 2015
Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay. Your feedback is important to us, as we work every day to deliver the best service experience to all of our guests
Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

The room was satisfactory, with a big-screen TV and an excellent view, but the bathroom was a bit moldy and could have used a thorough cleaning. There was free WiFi in the lobby, but not in the rooms, The dining hall was crowded, but the food was really excellent - mostly local dishes, tasty and not too spicy. However, considering that it was a self-service all-you-can-eat buffet, you had to queue for a long while just to get to the food. The staff wasn't rude, but not especially pleasant either. All in all, my stay was satisfactory. If you're not too demanding, this hotel won't spoil your stay in Nazareth in any way.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Hotel Nazareth, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear rabbit83,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Rimonim Nazareth.
Your special compliments on our food and rooms are highly appreciated. Your observations and opinions about our food are worth mentioning.
We are glad that you also enjoyed our location near the old city.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Hani Barbour
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed a couple of nights here.
Hotel reception seemed a bit curt when I arrived - I felt like I had offended them in some way. It later became apparent why they were a bit frayed. This hotel is overrun by busloads of package tourists. I must have arrived during a lull. When I tried to get out of the foyer later, I was climbing over baggage and bodies.
This torrent of tour buses seems to be taking a toll on the hotel, as it was looking a bit tired and worn. My room was clean enough, with a nice balcony and a great view over the Nazareth, but the carpet was stained and I felt the walls were saying 'I really could use a renovation'.
The occasional waft of incense in the corridors, I suppose from the pilgrims doing whatever they do with incense in their rooms.
Breakfast was fine - though a bit yoghurt and salad based for my Australian fruit and cereal taste.
Location is good, close to the centre of town. Parking is also provided. Essential if you are driving, as the traffic in Nazareth is dreadful and parking spots almost non-existent.
I'm not saying don't stay here, its a perfectly good hotel. Just don't expect too much - its simply average.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank rabbit83
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The room is spartan and the bed very low. You have to pay for Wi-Fi but it is not exorbitant.

The dinner was average in terms of quality but portions were generous. Breakfast buffet was standard fare. Staff speak English and are responsive.

It would appear that the hotel has had a relatively recent paint over but while it makes the place look cleaner, it does not dress it up.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Hotel Nazareth, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear randltrip,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Rimonim Nazareth hotel and for your generous review of the food and service.

Hoping to have the pleasure of your company again in the future,

Kind Regards,

Hani Barbour
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is one of the hotels where we stayed during our package tour to Israel. Like the other hotels during our tour, my husband and I did not have choice about where to stay. Our tour group (24 people) got to the hotel and were given room keys and stickers with room numbers to stick on the luggage so the bellboys will know where to bring them. We wanted to have dinner but decided to wait in our room for our bags. After waiting for 30 minutes, our bags did not come so we decided to go down. To our dismay, when we got to the elevator which was a long way to our room, our suitcases were there - left just outside the elevator so we had to bring back our bags to our room. We saw some members of our group also searching for their suitcases. The room is pretty standard, with basic amenities but with no wifi. Physically, the building looks good, even impressive from the outside. However, it is a huge hotel where all tour operators bring their guests so the scene in the huge dining hall is always chaotic with hundreds of people eating at the same time. The buffet queue is always long and it is difficult to get any service at all. If you want a quiet hotel, this one is not for you.

Room Tip: Some rooms have views so if you have a choice, you can request for it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was a nice hotel, very comfortable and the food was lovely and it was plentiful. The only thing I did miss was WIFI.

I was unfortunate in that I was allocated a room inside the hotel which looked into other rooms in the hotel, so I didn't have a view to the outside. That wasn't really an issue as we were out and about from early until dark.

It's not five star luxury, but it's nice. I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends