“Good Hotel, Best Views”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nazareth
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Good Hotel, Best Views”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here in the month of July 2013. I was with a group for Holy Land tour. We reached the hotel around 7 pm and the check in was smooth. The girl at the reception was very friendly and she coordinated with our team for smooth check in of the group. The hotel extended the dinner timing of the hotel as our group checked in late.

The rooms are big, but is a bit tiring as its an old hotel, formerly Renaissance. The hotel still has the charm and elegance of the 5 star hotel, but there can be improvements. The food is excellent and the service at the restaurant were very good. The hotel has enough parking space, which is a good point about the hotel. The view from the reception, pool and restaurant is awesome. The view of the valley is really good.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with the valley view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We were couple of friends who like to try every now and than different places,this time we decided to go to nazareth and were accomodated at the Golden Crown Nazareth.
The hotel is in a quite place with a nice lobby ,we were welcmed with cold drinks and cookies.
Mr Carlos of the reservation made all our requests so that the whole group would be on the same floor,and took care untill the smallest request,very professionlyand gracious.
The reception desk was very professional and the check in and out were very quick and satifactory,they gave us tips about places to visit,and resturants too.
The rooms were with a wonderfull view over the city,very clean and comfortable.
As we were h/b so we had breafast and dinner which had excellent potions,the deserts were very good and additinaly there was all fruits of the season.
The dining room manager stuff were very affable and professional.
We were accomodated on a high floor so we had a bonus view and relaxation when sitting in the balcony.
Thank the whole hotel stuff on my behalf and my friends too.
Definitly everytime we will be in the north our choice would be Golden Crown Nazareth Hotel

Room Tip: Higher floors have wonderfull view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The lobby and common areas are quite nice. The buffet for meals was excellent with a large variety of dishes both protein and vegetable, fruit, etc. The free Wifi is only accessible in the main lobby so if you need to connect it is not convenient. The rooms were fine with cable TV (English speaking channels as well) so we did not feel completely foreign.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I annoyed staying tithe golden crown. The pool was amazing, the view wad breathtaking and the service was good. 99% of the hotel were definitely not Jewish or traditional, so why the kosher food? I wanted my Cofee so badly.... I know it's the stupid law and not the hotel's fault but they can take a look at the Scots hotel and try the same.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank hairkus
Suno, Italy
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The first impression is very good, looks like a 5 star hotel.
Wonderful view, great swimming pool outside.
But then, when you stay there, you find many things not ok:
- The mini-bar in the room is not a mini-bar, but an empty refrigerator. If you want anything to drink you have to buy it your own and put it in there.
- No internet working in the room. You have to stay in the lobby if you want a working connection
- Laundry service very poor. The first time they lost my socks. The second time nothing was returned after 2 days waiting. Only when I complained at the front desk I had them, just in time before leaving the hotel.

A good thing is the position: great view over the valley and 30 minutes walk to the top of Mount Precipice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The view is fantastic but this hotel shows its age. Kettle doesn't cut off and hotel says its the same for every room. Salad bar is great but the meats is so so. Pool had a layer of sediment. I think the pool cleaner machine broke down.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank realfatfreddy
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed here as part of a tour group just two nights in mid march. This hotel has a more corporate feel to it in that the reception, communal and dining areas are all finished to a reasonably high standard ie: lots of glass, mirrors and marble. The rooms however, are basic but comfortable. To be honest I really was torn between giving this hotel three and four stars, it is a hotel of two halves in many respects (it is in fact a square ‘c’ shape with the prongs of the ‘c’ pointing out towards the valley) and it was only the views and the additional facilities available that pushed me to four stars, and justly so if I may say.

It is located outside the main town of Nazareth, in fact the location and views to be had if you’re lucky or specifically ask for them are the best in Nazareth if you ask me. Make sure you ‘ASK’ for a room looking over the Armageddon Valley (or Jezreel Valley as it’s know as by some) if you want one. If you want to slightly compromise these views and prefer good access to the pool ask for pool access, whatever is your preference. I ended up in a room overlooking a building site with no building going on (suspended I suspect), because of a busy schedule I was unlikely to make the most of them in the hotel anyway so stayed put. I stayed as a single person (sadly my wife isn’t a believer in God - Yet) and my room was spacious and clean with a flat screen TV, switched on once to check English speaking channels, it’s was only BBC news telling me of the snow back home when we had 22 Celsius all week, a little cooler possibly with the elevation of the hotel built on the hillside. Double bed (two singles pushed together), large built in dresser with mirror and separate writing table with lamp but just one chair. The bathroom was a let down but clean, no separate shower gels etc, just a wall mounted liquid soap dispenser a basin, narrow bath and a puny shower head mounted ‘off centre’ to bath on a cheap plastic bracket that meant it kept falling out the bracket when in use, very disappointing and irritating indeed, I much prefer a really good invigorating shower! Good wardrobe space with a safe for passports and money.

Food was buffet style and a very good range for both east & western diets, it slightly irritates me to see some people moaning that they didn’t get 1-1 restaurant service in a hotel this size. No chipped plates, all very clean and a very good salad bar which pleased me as I’m vegetarian. Getting a good cup of tea or coffee was not possible, but in my experience it never is abroad, just remember you’re in a foreign country. There is a good seating area above the dining area but is a bit noisy due to the open plan design, this quietens down by 8.30pm, there are other rooms I think, so just ask reception (some bilingual) who will help if you’re assertive. They do have conference rooms too, we had our Revelation TV 10th Anniversary meal in one but again, buffet style.

Nazareth, and by definition the hotel are nearby to all the Northern Israel Christian tourist sites, such as Capernaum, Sea of Galilee, Jordan River baptism site (Yardenit for me - very good in value, safety and well organised), Megiddo, Church of Annunciation, Cana, Mount of Beatitudes, and wherever your car/bus takes you.

Trip Advisor have it rated as the second best in Nazareth, that may be true but do not confuse this with the five star hotels of the Caribbean or Maldives, remember that this is not an all inclusive beach resort so may well be five star by their own standards but It’s not competing with A/I beach resorts, and it very possibly does have many features that I simply didn’t get chance to use. Israel, apart from Tel Aviv attracts a more spiritually minded person anyway, so this hotel probably is the second best one if you’re stopping in Nazareth (remember – hotel of two halves) but I would still have a quick look at the others first, but that’s me … Enjoy Israel

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Speedoo202
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nazareth
Golden Crown Old City Hotel
#3 of 13 in Nazareth
Elma Arts Complex Luxury Hotel
Elma Arts Complex Luxury Hotel
#1 of 3 in Zichron Yaakov

Been to Golden Crown Nazareth Hotel? Share your experiences!