“Absolutely "must-see" place!”

Fauzi Azar Inn by Abraham Hostels
Ranked #1 of 16 Nazareth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The Fauzi Azar Inn is an amazing place in the middle of Nazareth Old Town. The building is awsome, the history of the family is very interesting and the stuff is very friendly and carrying. You have to go there even if you have one day for it! You will remember for long the breakfast with the owner, the story which she tells and the common walking around the city. And the cinnamon tea, and the cardamom coffee in the morning! :) I am totally impressed. If I will be in Israel one more time, I will for sure go to Nazareth again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,136)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were absolutely impressed by the service, hospitality, facilities, and staff.

Everyone was extremely helpful and pleasant. They answered all of our questions.

We felt absolutely welcomed by all the small touches the staff carefully placed around this great old house to welcome us and made our stay extra special.

The new upgraded showers, balcony and breakfast area were very easy to use, though very cozy. The icing on the cake was when the grand daughter of the original owner shared the history behind this place and the city. She was patient and answered every question. I believe a brief tour followed.

Over local homemade breakfast spread we met others who stayed there and enjoyed it. There was a family with small children. A single young guy, a mid-age couple, and finally we met a solo German lady who was travelling and enjoying this place as much as we did. It was a perfect fit for us all.

Not to forget to mention its prime location near the old market, all the churches, the town busy square and the tourists market.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The first surprise was that the cab couldn't go all the way to the inn - which gave me the adventure of following signs through Old Nazareth alleys. The next surprise was the four-foot door set in a larger gate - bit of a squeeze for 6'3", but a good exercise in reverence. After that, the welcome and hospitality were warm, assuring and thorough. The room was wonderfully exotic - with a ceiling higher than the room's breadth or width, and three doorways to get there, past the shower and the toilet -- two of them low, but I only bumped my head a few times before learning. In two tries, I didn't managed to figure out anything but a cold shower, but the rest of the experience surely made up for it. I highly recommend the Old City tour -- a different, backstreets journey; some good "insider" interaction, with just the smallest pressure to purchase. But the best part of the tour was the visit with Suraida Nasser, of the Azar family -- truly enlightening, and at least in the case of my group, a rare and frank extended conversation between her and several Israeli Jews.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We recently stayed at Fauzi Azar to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Although I had only mentioned this anniversary to the staff when I booked the rooms and did not ask for anything special other than recommendations for restaurants, we were very surprised to find a lovely (and delicious) cake with a big '50' on the top when we opened the door to the room. We were completely touched by this gesture. It showed a level of caring that was entirely unexpected and very much appreciated. The Inn is a terrific place to stay. It is full of character , is extremely comfortable, and has a fantastic staff. The breakfasts were delicious, especially the egg and potato dish with baharat. The location is great and parking in the small lot on the 'U-shaped' street that runs past the Mary's Well plaza was very easy. We hope to return and will cherish the great memories and hospitality of the staff for a long time to come.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is such a special place in the shuck of old Nazereth. The stuff make you feel welcome and is helpefull with every question. It is a clean ,quiet , friendly guest house with a old history and I come here when ever I am in Nazerth. I slept in a 6 bed dorm room. I love the breakfast and the home made cake .Tee and coffe is always fresh and for free! This is defintely one of the most beautyfull guest houses I have ever been. Great energy, great place .I will come back soon

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This place is amazing, clean and comfortable. Not only the breakfast is excellent, they also generously provide with 24 hours fresh fruits and homemade delicious cakes for free. The staff is very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed for five nights at Fauzi Azar. I stayed in a 6 person dorm & liked having unbunked beds. There is lots of space in the dorm. The breakfast is wonderful as well as the constant supply of coffee, tea & cake. The Inn is very clean & I can't express enough how convenient & hygienic it is to have soap & paper towels in communal bathrooms. I highly recommend this Inn. My only complaint was my dorm room was right off reception & the reception girls at night would play music off the computer. I asked them to turn the music low but felt as courtesy it should have been a given at 11pm.

• Stayed: May 2014