“interesting”

Fauzi Azar Inn by Abraham Hostels
Ranked #1 of 14 Nazareth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

stayed here prior to walking the Jesus Trail which the place is associated with. There are various levels of accommodation we stayed in a comfortable room. The building is spectacular as an old part of Nazareth and it's worth staying here just for the experience. If like ourselves you rent a car to get there it is difficult to find as it is in the old town and is virtually inaccessable by car. Park near the old town and ask directions. Beautiful architecture.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fauzi Azar Inn by Abraham Hostels

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We came to Nazareth and booked a hostel because "we did not want to spend too much money".
After our arrival we saw we are getting everything we have whished for and much more. The old and amazing building, nice and fun common areas, great service, and a good breakfast. We would of paid twice the price for that kind of place. But to top it all was the owner, a brave and interesting women that is running this great place. It is worth coming to Nazareth just to stay in this hostel, you don't even need the rest, although the area is great.
We will defiantly come back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2014

You're gonna drown in my compliments. I strongly believe their quality is still that top-notch since my visit last June-July. Spent 3 nights there and reckoned it was so short to explore the whole area of Galilee. If you're going to plan a visit around, even in Tabgha, or Lake of Galilee, you can still make it back to Nazareth City for the best accommodation. I slept in Dorm 7, which you will likely find yourself in as well if you are a solo traveller. Kitchen very often full of free cakes and fruits. Showers and toilets are 4****. Bed very clean and comfy. And the breakfast, certainly the best among my 2 month journey in the Middle East - full of organic yogurt, oat, fruits, hot and cool drinks and Palestininan-style Pizzas!! The morning's free city tour tailored by the Inn crew is defo not to be missed! You might find it's annoying at first to keep banging your head against the Inn's super low gate but it is intentionally kept that way to have all guests bowing a little before entering the posession, due to the Fauzi Azar's family traditions.
I've been in touch with almost all my fellow lone travellers since and whenever the name is mentioned, all of them agree with me they miss this loads. Unique blend of freedom and mommy cooking comfort spoil :)

Room Tip: Dorm #7 is a good choice as toilets, bathrooms and kitchen are all at the other side of the alleyway...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank NhanTDinh
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am searching through the depths of my memory and cannot recall a hostel I enjoyed more than The Fauzi Azar Inn. You will find everything that's great about hostels there - helpful and friendly staff, great location, amazing rooms with paintings on ceilings, good shower facilities, free cakes!!! and really good breakfasts. I regret I could only stay there for one night. They also organize a tour around the city but beware - it is not your standard "church, museum and statue" kind of tour. It's about the day to day lives of people of Nazareth. All in all, if you are traveling in northern Israel than The Fauzi Azar Inn is a must!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The Fauzi Azar Inn is an amazing place in the middle of Nazareth Old Town. The building is awsome, the history of the family is very interesting and the stuff is very friendly and carrying. You have to go there even if you have one day for it! You will remember for long the breakfast with the owner, the story which she tells and the common walking around the city. And the cinnamon tea, and the cardamom coffee in the morning! :) I am totally impressed. If I will be in Israel one more time, I will for sure go to Nazareth again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were absolutely impressed by the service, hospitality, facilities, and staff.

Everyone was extremely helpful and pleasant. They answered all of our questions.

We felt absolutely welcomed by all the small touches the staff carefully placed around this great old house to welcome us and made our stay extra special.

The new upgraded showers, balcony and breakfast area were very easy to use, though very cozy. The icing on the cake was when the grand daughter of the original owner shared the history behind this place and the city. She was patient and answered every question. I believe a brief tour followed.

Over local homemade breakfast spread we met others who stayed there and enjoyed it. There was a family with small children. A single young guy, a mid-age couple, and finally we met a solo German lady who was travelling and enjoying this place as much as we did. It was a perfect fit for us all.

Not to forget to mention its prime location near the old market, all the churches, the town busy square and the tourists market.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The first surprise was that the cab couldn't go all the way to the inn - which gave me the adventure of following signs through Old Nazareth alleys. The next surprise was the four-foot door set in a larger gate - bit of a squeeze for 6'3", but a good exercise in reverence. After that, the welcome and hospitality were warm, assuring and thorough. The room was wonderfully exotic - with a ceiling higher than the room's breadth or width, and three doorways to get there, past the shower and the toilet -- two of them low, but I only bumped my head a few times before learning. In two tries, I didn't managed to figure out anything but a cold shower, but the rest of the experience surely made up for it. I highly recommend the Old City tour -- a different, backstreets journey; some good "insider" interaction, with just the smallest pressure to purchase. But the best part of the tour was the visit with Suraida Nasser, of the Azar family -- truly enlightening, and at least in the case of my group, a rare and frank extended conversation between her and several Israeli Jews.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nazareth
Villa Nazareth Hotel
Al-Mutran Guest House
Al-Mutran Guest House
#2 of 14 in Nazareth
Kibbutz Inbar Country Lodging

Been to Fauzi Azar Inn by Abraham Hostels? Share your experiences!