“Great place to stay, great place to support”

Fauzi Azar Inn by Abraham Hostels
Ranked #1 of 16 Nazareth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at Fauzi Azar for four nights prior to hiking the Jesus Trail. The staff was great, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the public areas welcoming. Since I'd been hiking and camping the week before, I was very glad for the washer and dryer! Even more importantly, I recommend Fauzi Azar not only for their accommodations but also for their vision to revitalize the historic center of Nazareth, support other inns and businesses, and help visitors get a sense of the city that you can't get staying in the large chain hotels on the outskirts. It's not only a great place to stay. It's a great place to support.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,139)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Our stay at Fauzi Azar Inn was a rich experience that we will never forget. It was a warm and friendly urban guesthouse evoking everything that makes adventurous travelers seek out such establishments worldwide and choose them over ordinary hotels. but it also represents what many of us are striving for in this little corner of the world: to show how coexistence works on the ground, in real life, and especially in Nazareth -- a city whose name is synonymous with hope and faith. The historic building is beautiful, the public areas inviting, the rooms clean and homey and the breakfast generous, locally flavored and prepared by a friendly staff.. I recommend making the Fauzi Azar Inn your base for touring the city of Nazareth and the Galilee.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have spent many nights in Israel, with multiple trips from the States. I remember little of where I slept, and always more of what I did during the day. With one exception: The Fauzi Azar Inn hold so many wonderful memories for me. Not only was my room comfortable and the staff so kind, but in the morning when I woke, I sat up in bed, opened the window, and peered down on the ancient city streets, watching the merchants walking along the narrow way to their businesses. The moment was so ethereal and I wished I could sit there forever, watching. Observing. Being a part of the life there without getting in the way. My next visit to Israel will most definitely include a trip to the Fauzi Azar Inn!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 10.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Fauzi Azar Inn is certainly one of the best hostelst in Israel. It's not only a beautiful house but also one of the few examples of how peace can be achieved. The family's and house's history are unique and you want to talk to them and get to know it (plus take the tour to learn more about Nazareth). It's also the only place in Israel where you get a free night when you have stamps from Lebanon and Syria in your passport...go for it!

Room Tip: I think all the room are good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent a lovely weekend there as a couple. It's a very special hotel in the heart of Nazareth, located in a magical, old Arab house. We enjoyed our stay very much.
Very friendly and helpful staff.
GREAT restaurants near by.

Room Tip: Note that some rooms have quite a steep staircase and some are on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

What a wonderful stay we had last December. This was my 2nd visit to Fauzi Azar. We were welcomed, given an upgrade room, treated to free cakes and drinks. Lots of advice about our trip into the West Bank. We met other travellers and locals all with a vision for peace. Nazareth is a beautiful place full of beautiful people do not be afraid, you will be safe and well looked after. We are pensioners travelling independently we walked part of the Jesus trail on our own to Cana. We are hoping to return to Palestine in the autumn and Nazareth will be in our schedule. In 2012 I came alone just after the 2012 bombardment of GAZA and I never had security fears. I felt safe in Nazareth.y

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here as a base for the Jesus trail hike. The staff is very friendly and helpful, they were always willing to make suggestions that were helpful. There is shopping and restaurants with easy walking distance. The rooms are clean and spacious. I highly recommend this hotel for hikers!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo