“One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!”

Fauzi Azar Inn by Abraham Hostels
Ranked #1 of 15 Nazareth B&B and Inns
West Jefferson, North Carolina
“One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Out of six countries, from southeast asia, to oceania, to the middle east, the Fauzi Azar Inn was my all time favorite. Staff came to meet my husband and I and help us carry our bags to the inn. The location in the back alleys of the old city was so neat, as was the miniature door we stepped through to enter the inner courtyard. We were directed to a wonderful street vendor for some late night falafel...some of the best we had while in Israel and Jordan. The bathrooms were great, very clean and current, and the dorms were wonderful too. I loved this place and can't wait to visit it again to try hiking the Jesus Trail to the sea of Galilee.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Hi! I stayed at the Fauzi Azar Inn only for one night in a dormitory. Since my arrival the staff was very welcoming, they actually greet you with a cup of coffee or tee and cake. All my questions about Nazareth and arounds were pretty well answered. The instalations are very clean, they have free internet for the guests, kitchen, cold water and other amenities... and Suraida is the best!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I´ve read the reviews of other advisors when I was organizing my holidays and I was looking forward to this place, and it was fantastic. The Fauzi Azar Inn have a history behind that makes it really unique, the rooms are charming, the location is in the very centre of town, the staff and volunteers are magnificent, I cannot recomend enough this place.

Also, they offer a tour in the mornings, 2 hour tour where they take you around Nazareth, and I will suggest everybody to go for it, we would have missed A LOT if not for this tour.

Simply a gem, one of the best of my trip.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 11 July 2010

I loved this place. It's adorable, whilst being special, friendly, warm and mystical. The location is excellent. Right in the heart of the Old City. Just on the outskirts of the bizarre, I wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else. It's the perfect location (Don't stay here though if you have an aversion to pigeons because the open courtyard kind of attracts them!)
It's also very close to the restaurant - El Reda (which you can not afford to miss as the food here is amazing. Highly recommended is the cheese steak)
The Inn runs daily tours for 20 shekel, and it's well worth joining the tour if you have a day to play with.
Don't expect a four or five star hotel, the rooms are pretty basic, but comfortable, functional, clean and cute.
I found Nazareth such a contrast to the other cities and towns I visited in Israel and the Fauzi was the icing on the cake for me.
I would definitely recommend this accomodation, it's all you need. Oh and the staff here are great too!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Bergen
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We had a wonderful stay at Fauzi Azar Inn, unfortunately only for 1 night. Very nice and special Arabic house in the heart of the old town, very helpfull staff, very good breakfast. We learned about the history of the house and its owners, enjoyed the home-made cake and learned how to make real Arabic coffee! I recommend this place for everyone coming to Nazareth looking for an unique experience.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
Holstebro, Denmark
Reviewed 31 May 2010

When we arrived to Fauzi Azar Inn, tired after a long day of travelling, it did not take long for the staff to come up with exactly what we needed: coffee, tea, homemade cake and fresh watermelon. Needless to say we were surprised - this is not the kind of service you usually get when you have booked a bed in a cheap hostel dorm. And this was just the beginning of a great stay. The hostel is very cosy and relaxed, the staff is helpful and there is a great atmosphere. I think it is safe to say that you won't find a better place to stay as cheaply in the region. An additional tip, is to do the tour arranged by some of the hostel volunteers. It takes you around the old city of Nazareth and gives a unique view of the city that no other tour will provide for only 20 NIS.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Reached the Inn during a backpacking trip in israel.
Staff was very friendly and helpful on any problem or question I had,

Beyond that the place is centered right in the center of the ancient city so almost all the major sites are just a walk away!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nazareth
Villa Nazareth Hotel
Simsim Guest House
Simsim Guest House
#1 of 11 in Nazareth
Kibbutz Inbar Country Lodging

Been to Fauzi Azar Inn by Abraham Hostels? Share your experiences!