“A nice, comfortable hotel”
Review of Blue Weiss Hotel

Blue Weiss Hotel
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Netanya
Haifa, Israel
“A nice, comfortable hotel”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Blueweiss. It's a good hotel for it's price, the breakfast is very tasty and the room we stayed in had a nice view of the sea. The staff in particular was very accommodating - we had some difficulty getting wifi in our room, and they upgraded us immediately to a nicer room with wifi in it. Also the people downstairs were helpful with figuring out parking and check-out, Shay in particular was great.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rachel D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
Qiryat Bialik, Israel
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I had ordered the room for my daughter for 2 nights before and the night of her wedding day, and gave them all my credit card details to charge. I even phoned the hotel that morning to ensure that everything is OK. When they arrived the hotel, the front desk guy told them that they can't have their room, since the room was charged with my credit card and not my daughter's one. At first they asked for my arrivel to the hotel (I was abouut 100 Km away), and then were satisfied with only me sending them my ID photo, my credit card photo and a sined declaration that I intent to pay for the hotel room. I spoke on the phone with the manager in charge (Marketing VP), and he was very rude and told me to leave the hotel if I am not pleased with their procedures. I had do drive home and fulfil all their imaginary requests. The whole story took about one and a half hours, during the couple was waiting in full cold.
When the have received the room, it was very dirty (especially the toilet). They changed the room with a cleaner one, but the service during the whole stay was outrageous.
Summary: "He who is careful should keep away".

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jacob E
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had come from an exhausting travel from the Negev and really just needed a place that was as close to home as possible. I found it here. The tubs were "normal", my cot was comfortable, and the WiFi at the hotel was better than was in town. Best yet, I was pleasently surprised at how easy it was to get to Tel Aviv. I would stay here again when I am in Eretz Yisrael.

• Stayed January 2014
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed as family of four in a Grand Suite Sea View - spacious with a seperate room for the parents. Waking up with the view on the Mediterranean is nice and having a small kitchen could be helpful for a longer stay. There is some limited free parking in front of the hotel and the breakfast is good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Blue Weiss hotel. The location is perfect, right on the beach and within walking distance to the Promenade. A great spot to watch the sunset. Our room was sparsely furnished, but very spacious and clean. The room had a huge balcony and an amazing view of the sea. The hotel staff went above and beyond; we couldn't have asked for a more friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Castle Cove, Australia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Israel can be an odd place, and the Blue Weiss falls into this category. It is quite good value for Israel (we paid $120/night including breakfast), and the "suite" we were given had a fantastic view over the beach and the Mediterranean, and was huge, with a separate living room/kitchen and terrace. There was even a washing machine (but no dryer, unfortunately). All the basics were there - comfortable bed, flatscreen TV, aircon, fridge etc, but not much else. Walls were plain white - no pictures or decoration at all. The "kitchen" was not completely built - there was a space for underbench oven, but it was empty, and there was an electric cooktop installed, but it didn't work. (The fridge worked once we figured out that it needed to be plugged in). Also the bathroom was surprisingly small considering the large size of the other rooms - a strange design. And some of the light fittings were simply bare bulbs.

Breakfast selection was small but quite adequate, and on or last day we found out that we could have asked for eggs to be freshly cooked (rather than simply the scrambled eggs in the bain marie). Staff were also friendly and helpful.

But the roughness around the edges means that the place feels rather strange - unfinished. Even so we really enjoyed the 3 days we stayed here, as we quickly adjusted to the oddness of the place.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kibbutz Revivim, Israel
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our 2 year old daughter for 2 nights, and all in all it was great. Accommodating staff, clean rooms, good breakfast, great view, reasonable price. A little neglected, but then all of Netanya is! The suites are large with a fridge and kettle, the furnishings and fittings are basic but clean, air conditioners great, flat screen tv, all you could want really, even a nice baby bed. If we ever had to come back to Netanya, we'd certainly stay her again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family