Island Suites Hotel
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsliving roomlounge chairsdining tablestove topbeautiful poolview is amazinggreat weekendtel avivbreakfast buffet isreception staffmediterranean seathe clifffriday nightbalconymicrowaveisraelpromenade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I usually stay in one of the big Hotels in Tel Aviv and find myself spending most of my time driving to our headquarters in Raanana - stuck in traffic.
This time my company choose a Hotel closer to the offices - in Netanya.
I was expecting a small B&B - but to my surprise I checked in to something that looks and feels more like a luxury resort rather than a business Hotel!
Huge rooms, beautiful sea view and again surprised to find all business facilities: free WiFi, business centre, conference rooms and only a 10 minute drive from the office.
Next time I am bringing my family - they can actually enjoy a real holiday at the Island suites while I am working .....(the hotel even has a kids club)

Room Tip: High floor - you wake up and can see the sea from your bed - like floating on a water mattress
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed over Sukkoth holiday at this hotel. The rooms are nice with a gorgeous sized porch and view of the Mediterranean Sea. Everything about the hotel was exactly what we expected and more.
We arrived early and while our rooms were being prepared we were generously offered welcome refreshments and towels to the Pool, so we could start our Holidays right away! The kids were off to the Kids club and we basically didnt see them for the rest of the day> Between the kids entertainemnt and the Pool they were in "kids heaven">
The dining room, eventhough located in the basement, it has a modern upscale design. Furthermore, the food was very good and a lot of choices. We thought that the Kids corner for all meals was especially thoughtful.
The rooms!!!!!!!! They are huuuuuuge, perfect for a family with kids, they have their own room and bathroom, a big terasse overlooking the sea (almost nicer than our apartment)
I must say, this is for sure the best value for moeny you can get when travelling with kids.

Room Tip: High floor 2 bedrooms! A must! Best view in the world
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed over Sukkoth holiday at this hotel. The rooms are nice with a gorgeous sized porch and view of the Mediterranean Sea. However, everything else about the hotel was well below expectation, especially for a brand that used the word "luxury" in its tagline. The dining room is located in the basement. It has about as much atmosphere as a bunker. Even a 3 star hotel located on the Israeli coast has dining rooms with a view to the sea. Furthermore, the food was average - nothing exciting. As I mentioned, we were there over the Sukkoth holiday and the hotel's sukkah was not large enough to accommodate all guests. In addition to this the management was not smart enough to arrange a buffet in the sukkah, which means people had to carry up their food 2 floors from the "bunker" to the sukkah, or else eat in the bunker disregarding the holyday law. Even after I reached out to the C.e.o of the hotel they weren't ready to open a buffet in the sukkah. The hotel has only 3 elevators for 145 units, but since this is a suite hotel, the number of people per unit is quite higher. I often found myself waiting for an average 10 minutes for an elevator.
The cleaning staff doesn't speak any Hebrew nor English and everything you want from them needs to be explained by pantomime. So if you for example ask for a towel, you will get a shampoo. Furthermore we never got any hand towels nor bath carpets and only after I complained to the C.e.o they had sent them to us. I expected much more from the hotel and was very disappointed from the service and the treatment I got from the management.
I must say that the reception workers were very friendly but that's all.
I don't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Itay B
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I just spent 3 nights over a holiday weekend at this hotel. The rooms are spacious with a nice sized porch and view of the mediteranean sea.
However, everything else about the hotel was well below expectation, especially for a brand that used the word luxury in its tagline.
The dinning room is located in the basement and originally serves(ed) as a disco. It has about as much atmosphere as a bunker. Even a 3 star hotel located on the Israeli coast has dining rooms with a view to the sea. Furthermore, the food was average - nothing exciting. Since we had half board, we were more than disappointed to see dinner's leftovers served at lunch the next day, without so much as one new dish.
As I mentioned, we were there over the Sukkot holiday and the hotel's sukkah was not large enough to accommodate all guests, and the management was not smart enough to arrange for there to be 2 sittings for dinner, which means people had to eat in the bunker.

Other points:
The hotel had a fanatic obsession with the towel cards for the pool (not so great towels) which bordered on the bizarre.
The hotel has only 3 elevators for 145 units, but since this is a suite hotel, the number of people per unit is quite higher. I often found myself waiting for an average 10 minutes for an elevator, and after the first day, resigned myself to the stairs.
The hotel does provide a free shuttle service to a nearby beach, as well as arrangements for a beach chair, umbrella and a cold drink.

All in all you get what you pay for. This experience was anything but luxurious.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ERtrips11
gal_tamir, Manager at Island Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate that you took the time to write about your vacation at Island suite hotel; we would certainly make all the efforts to improve so next time you will come you will feel you are in a luxurious hotel.
I just want to explain about the downstairs dining room, it was never a disco, but it does have lighting and sound gear for events. We also use it for conferences. We use the downstairs dining hall on Saturdays and holidays; the rest of the time we use the upstairs dining hall which has a pool view and a sea view.
Hope you would give us another chance in your next vacation,

Gal Tamir,
Marketing and sales manager

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed for a long weekend at the Island suites in Netanya. The apartment and its firings were perfect. As always, A/C is most important by us (see other reviews) and here we had to nturn the teprature up, as it was so strong and cold in the apartment. The beds were firm and comfortable. Those two already make it a great place to stay.
Besides that, the aprtment has a livingroo with beautiful leather couches and view of the sea, a fully equiped kitchennet (full size frig, microwave, electric range, elcetric kettle, etc.) two bathrooms, even in the one bedroom suite.
We loved the room.
Public areas a little on the lean side. As a matter of fact, the one thing we found uncomfortable was that the dining room (used for full scale dinner like on Friday night-Saturday) was in an underground ballroom, not very pleasant.
The pool was not bat, not great, but defimitely suffcient. For us with children the fact that thye hotel is on the boardwalk, with restairants and parks on the same side of the street, enabling to just let the little ones enjoy, was a big plus.

Room Tip: The hotel has 5 rooms each floor, we were in 102. I think rooms 3-5 are slightly better than 1,2. They fac only the sea, room 3 faces the pool as well and quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family