“Good dinner in Netanya”

Cafe London
Ranked #7 of 135 Restaurants in Netanya
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: One of the best restaurants in town. Full menu, open daily from breakfast until midnight.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Ate here for dinner after a lovely stroll on the promenade. My friend, who lives in Netanya, recommended this as a good choice for dinner. I was very pleased. we sat outside on a beautiful evening. The food was very good and large portions. I had the schnitzel & was very pleased. I would go back.

There are newer reviews for Cafe London

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We took a stroll along the promenade and central square to choose somewhere for dinner. Cafe London stood out amongst the other options as it seemed well staffed, polished and had a well rounded menu. We sat outside and enjoyed the on street entertainment and the people watching. A lively and enjoyable setting, made more amusing by the local cats who also added to the ambiance.

The service was attentive, portions giant and the food its self very tasty. We shared a tuna salad, grilled aubergine with tahina and the 'banana cabana' ice cream sundae. We knew it was a great place when we had finished our meal and still coveted everything else that was served to the tables around us (the schnitzel and garlic bread were particularly tempting). The elderly ladies nezt to us were defeated by their portions, but the staff were happy to box it up for them to enjoy later.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

At the end of a long day the menu looked tempting.
We were attentively shown to a table for eight and orders were taken within five minutes we were eating and when it came to sweet we were overwhelmed with the size.
This cafe has already been visited by my friends who likewise sing their praises.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We walked onto the Promenade and found a place called London that was really hoping with customers. It had gotten too cold for me so we went inside and ordered dinner. My wife ordered her favorite, fish and chips, and I ordered a fileted St. John’s fish grilled. Her fish was in a panko batter and was excellent. The portion was huge and she left more than half of it. Even I could not have eaten it all. The chips were soggy and lousy. Dinner started with a “salad” of sorts. Some greens with chopped tomato, cucumbers and peppers in a very good dressing. My fish was cooked just right. Unfortunately, it was not fileted too well and I found a few bones but it was delicious and the two large pieces sat on a bed of tomatoes. It was served with a bowl of rice with chopped vegetables, roasted green and red peppers and another bowl of very good roasted potatoes. This restaurant deserves a B+ or A-. Service was a bit spotty but otherwise all was good.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food is good and the portions are large. The one draws back is that good service is lacking. It can be really difficult getting a waiter to take an order. The fish and chips and schnitzel are top choices.