“Superb but Pricey”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Netanya
new york
“Superb but Pricey”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Beautiful hotel with phenomenal views, large terraces, suite rooms with separate bedroom/kitchenette areas. Staff was very courteous. As usual great Israeli breakfast. Only moderate downside is the lack of close walk-to beach access; it is approximately a 15 minute walk. Also, because it is in South Netanya, the center of Netanya is slightly far (by foot that is). Otherwise, great hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Avital S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Netanya, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear guest, we thank you for this review.
Regarding your comment about the beach access- this is the reason we offer free shuttles to and from the hotel. Also, we believe that the fact the hotel is situated slightly far from the center is what adds to the quite and relaxed atmosphere here...(although- it is not TOO far...)
Thank you again and hope to host you and your family here soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed here for 1 night with EO Tours to start my trip of the Holy Land. All of the rooms at this hotel have an incredible view! The rooms are modern, with a suite design, so that the living room and bedroom are separate. The room itself was nice but I did notice a lot of scratches on furniture, some stains, etc. The hotel is pretty new, so hopefully they will keep the furniture and walls in the room up. But – the room has an incredible patio and view that you won’t want to look at anything expect the sea.

The hotel was very friendly and I was impressed that they were able to keep up with so many of us in the group. I never saw anybody (our group or other guests) having to wait for anything. The hotel really did keep up with everything very well – in all areas. The food (both breakfast and dinner) was excellent.

The hotel is in a quiet area. The gym was “okay” and I was expecting bit better since it was with a spa – and the pool closed at 5 PM. The gym did have some treadmills (one with great view) and elyptical machines. In addition to free weights it did have 4 stationary strength machines including one for hips, legs, row, and upper body - It would have been nice if those areas would have been better and open longer.

I am not Jewish – but I also peeked into the on-site synagogue and it was very nice!! It had plenty of the worship essentials.

This is a great hotel to relax and I was glad to start my trip off to Israel here.
Also for those coming straight from the Airport: It was 28 shekels from Ben Gurion to Netanya train station (via 1 stop at Tel Aviv University) and then another 40 shekels from the Netanya train station to the hotel. It was simple – and there were plenty of cabs waiting at the Netanya train station.

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view. I was on a lower floor at the very end - and my room still had an incr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jax,
Thank you for your review.
Indeed, all of our suites have a beautiful view to the Meditereniean view, we're glad you enjoyed it.
The closing of the pool depends on the weather, but the gym is open 24 hours a day!
We will take your suggestion into account. Thank you for those.
We appreciate your review, glad you liked staying with us and we hope to host you again soon...!
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our first night in Israel, and we didn't want to go to bed once we got to this hotel even though jet lag had set in quite nicely! It sits right on the Med Sea and the views from every room are spectacular. Although I can't confirm, it appears that all rooms have a ocean view. There is a very nice community park and boardwalk across the street with some dining options. It was well lit and very popular. We took a stroll about 10:00pm and felt very safe. Quite relaxing and enjoyable, people were out and about walking their dogs, lots of families getting ice cream at a local vendor, then strolling the boardwalk.

The rooms are quite nice, and clean. Although with the view, you will spend practically NO time in your actual room but on the private patio that each room also has with chairs to sit and take in the scenery. It was spring time, so we opened the doors and slept to the sound of the ocean breeze. Bathrooms were standard & clean.

We walked the property and the pool area is absolutely beautiful. We were traveling in a group so a large number of us sat in the bar and enjoyed a very nice selection of beer and wine, the staff were accommodating.

Dinner was buffet style, with an amazing selection of Mediterranean foods, including fresh, well fresh everything. There were foods to accommodate every dietary restriction. Oh, and yes, even the dining room was situated with a view of the sunset over the ocean.

There were so many spectacular views that I hardly noticed if anything about the hotel was not great. Really, it was captivating and I hope one day I will get the chance to return. Money well spent for a priceless view, with a clean room and great food.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to write us this thorough review!
Thank you for all your kind words about the view, suites, pool, bar and staff! We appreciate every word and have forwarded all of your nice comments to our staff!
We also hope that you will have the chance to visit us again, it will be our pleasure.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

returning guest - best stay so far.
pool is excellent
negatives were lack of pool bar food for occasional days
hotel food - breakfasts were good - lots of variety
staff friendly and hotel has kept a number of staff since prior visit 2 years ago

1 Thank james w
Dear guest, thank you for the kind review! We're very glad to see your stay with us was an enjoyable one! Indeed, some of our staff have stayed with us since the beginning! We are proud about that...
Hope to host you again for yet another enjoyable vacation...!.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We enjoyed the hotel, and would certainly consider staying there in the future. The breakfasts were good, but sadly, other food, especially by the pool, was expensive, limited and unimaginative. A major problem is the position of the hotel in relation to the pool - by 3.30pm the hotel had begun to shade the pool and within the hour, one had to leave as it was completely shaded. What a shame. With children this is not acceptable. So, a good hotel for Netanya, but could be better.

1 Thank LondonR
Dear guest, thank you for your review! We will definitely take your comment on the food by the pool into consideration. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again soon.
raanana,
Reviewed 22 April 2014

As a start, I should mention that as all my seven previous reviews have shown, I have been encouraged by the plethora of good luxury hotels in Israel. Therefore, when choosing a hotel for the Passover holiday, I believed the Ramada Netanya would be on par.

There were some very good points in the hotel---the staff at the desk and in the restaurant are nice and try hard. The rooms are spacious and large. But I have stayed at multiple hotels in Israel on the beach , and I have never encountered this type of bug problem. Further the duty manager and housekeeper appeared apathetic to this problem.

When we first arrived to the hotel, my mother spotted several small dead bugs in the sink. I told her to ignore them as there are occasionally transients. The next morning, I found four large dead bugs on the porch. I got rid of them myself and again assumed they were transients.

On the Friday night of the holiday, we left the room for dinner with the door to the balcony open, and left on a lamp . Because the air conditioning was causing me breathing problems , we shut it off, When we came back the lamp was flooded by gnat like insects, and the floor was flooded with ants. We finally got a somewhat sulky housekeeper and duty manager to come up and they informed me it was my fault because I should have known to leave the door open (I have lived in Israel for 30 years and gone to many hotels with balconies and never encountered this problem).
We then noticed a plethora of these insects near the light fixtures both in the bathroom and over the coffee maker. We were informed this was also our fault as you can't leave the light on without turning on the air conditioner. Perhaps an instruction manual should come with the room.

The sulky housekeeper claimed she cleaned everything and left...at which point a large bug shot across the couch which I had to wallop with a water bottle. It disappeared under the couch. I called again the housekeeper who refused to do anything because she claimed we were hallucinating, so I called again the duty manager who brought with him two people to move the couch to prove I was hallucinating --They found not one large bug but two. The housekeeper now said that what happened after this would be my fault as I wouldn't let her exterminate the room.

The next day another four large dead bugs showed up on the balcony . Rather than remove them I photographed them and waited to see if they would ever be removed...In the remaining three days,, they never were. Neither did we ever receive any further apology from the hotel.

Other problems with the hotel is that no one at the reception seemed to now where the number 7 bus in front of the hotel goes --we were told to go only by taxi....

The food was above average. The chef tries hard and even if he doesn't always succeed he deserves credit for creativity.

Room Tip: Avoid room 210 at all costs
2 Thank rotman55
Avital S, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Hotel and Suites Netanya, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your kind words about our front desk and restaurant staff, our spacious room and our Chef. We were pleased to read the comments.

Regarding the "insects problem"- for your information is it a regular procedure to make a pest control in all hotel's suites on a weekly basis, and one was made on Friday, April 11th

Please bear in mind, that we have no control over bugs that come fly through the window. You yourself state that you left the balcony open.

Unfortunately, there was a heat wave on Friday night. This is probably the reason why there were flies. We try our best to help our guests with any difficulties or dissatisfaction on-time, but we cannot control the weather, especially if the windows are open.

Also, it should be noted that we have never encountered such a complaint from our guests about a bug issue before (and the hotel was full)

I again want to apologies for your inconvenience and I do hope you realize that this case is "an exception that does not prove the rule". We do hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again and that you will have a better experience next time in our hotel.
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We are a large family group and booked for Pesach week with Eddies Travel.
The Ramada is a 3 year old hotel in the new part of Netanya. The rooms are especially well designed with a bedroom, bathroom and separate sitting area. There is some where comfortable to sit besides the bedroom and the rooms feel very airy and are very comfortable. The suites each have a fridge, 2 plate stove top and microwave so you can prepare meals of your own if you wish. The view is spectacular and the beach front is new and the boardwalk has lots to see and do as you walk along. The play areas are really nice.
The program organized by Eddies travel was especially good. Wonderful girls taking care of the kids program. They were exceptional. These young ladies made the holiday for the kids. The super clown presented our grandson with a birthday cake and made him feel so special with toys and songs.
The chef at the hotel, Shay, is outstanding. It not to easy to please a crowd of people who are fussy eaters, over an 8 day period with very strict kosher, Pesach restrictions. The food was fresh, innovative and delicious. There was something for everyone. Thank you Chef Shay.
Last but not least, a thank you to Shelly. Shelly kept everyone smiling, and happy. Thank you so much for sort out our every whim and need.
One criticism. There is no hotel lobby or lounges. We did loved the pool area and the area just before the pool. We need a place where all 30 of us could meet up to sit and chat. Shelly organized the hotel business lounge on 2 occasions and that was great too. The staff were very friendly and chatty. P.G. we be able to come again next year. Thank you, thank you

1 Thank luckyducky16
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind and thorough review!
Your great feeback and compliments on our suites, the view, the play area and our food and the Chef means a great deal to us! We are honored that you choose to spend Passover with us this third year in a row, and we hope to host you again.
Thank you again, glad you enjoyed your vacation with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Netanya
Leonardo Plaza Netanya Hotel
Margoa Hotel Netanya
Margoa Hotel Netanya
#5 of 20 in Netanya
Ramada Resort Hadera Beach

Been to Ramada Hotel and Suites Netanya? Share your experiences!