“Each time I eat here I get sick”
Review of HaYekev Restaurant

HaYekev Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 135 Restaurants in Netanya
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I keep giving this place 2nd chances.
They are dirty...food is bad...I feel sick each time I go...the service is bad and disinterested.
This place Needs to close down and new people take advantage of the incredible position.
...sorry..

3  Thank Roz D

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

As someone who has eaten here numerous times, it upsets me to write this review. Sadly the management is the most clueless bunch I have come across, and I would advise all potential visitors to go to one of Netanya's hundreds of other restaurants.

We ordered a haloumi burger and, received a Salmon burger. As a lifelong vegetarian who's never eaten meat or fish, I felt rather sick. Upon informing the management of this, they seemed totally uncaring and could barely muster an apology, instead insisting that this was due to human error and not really their problem. Appallingly managed.

5  Thank natedizzle88
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Considered a good restaurant on the beach, but busy customers on Friday-noon caused them to stop food from the kitchen, we waited over 20 minutes until we got up and left without eating

1  Thank MaayanBD
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I live in Netanya, so it's hard for me to have a terrible experience in a restaurant. I hope for everyone to succeed in their business and don't want anyone to lose it. But this restaurant needs to go!!!

I went here with my boyfriend for brunch and it was terrible. It took 20 minutes to even order. We finally got our average food and had to ask 4 different waiters for our drinks, which had never been served. Every other customer was having the same experience. No one was happy. Finally we ordered tea and as the waiter came with it he also had a lemonade on his tray.

As he was putting down my tea, he spilled the lemonade ALL OVER ME!!! He was very apologetic but I was so embarrassed. At least it wasn't the hot tea!! We talked to the manager and for compensation he offered us an ice cream cone. Pathetic.
Please never go here. The service is terrible and they don't care one bit about their customers.

2  Thank Lis H
Reviewed 6 November 2013

From last year we had fond memories of the salmon ravioli, but not good memories of how long the service took. This year our trip was not during the summer vacation, rather during Sukkot. We were pleasantly surprised at service that was prompt and friendly. One waitress was even kind enough to say that we had made their shift with our smiles.

The food was good, with very large portions. We sat outside in the garden area. I recommend NOT sitting at the outermost edge near the retaining wall. There are very plump fearless cats who will continuously try to get at your food. However, one night we sat near the porch wall closer to the indoor seating area and had no cat incidences.

We actually enjoyed everything we ordered. Both times we had evening meals at HaYekev. Desserts were nothing exciting, but we were generally quite satiated from the meals. There was a birthday party in the indoor seating area the second time we had a meal there. They looked like they were having a good time. And the staff still had time for us.

2  Thank travelmarm