“Great price/service”
Review of Galil Hotel

Galil Hotel
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Netanya
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed in the hotel for five days and i think not once did they change the bedding. Buffet in the morning wasn't so rich on food choices, but everything was fresh and tasty. Personnel is very nice and helpful and the sea view was simply divine.The room is spacious enough, the furnture is new. Btw, when it got cold outside the maid even turned on the heating in the room while I was away. I thought that was very nice:) I don't think they have a lot of animation/things to do in the hotel(if any), but i had excursions planned for every day, so it didn't really matter. Also, Netanya is a nice city with a lot to see, so staying in a hotel is kind of a crime:)
Overall it's a great hotel for such a price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Alyona I

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The hotel has good location and excellent view from the balcony. The beach is near the hotel, about 100 meters.
Breakfast was also good.
Hotel is not perfect, just good. But I can recommend it for tourists who spend their time to sightseeing.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Konstantin V
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed for 6 days in Galil hotel in excursion trip.It was good holidays in beautiful country and we was in hotel only for sleeping.I visited many countries and saw a lot of hotels as for me price is normal for this hotel.My room was clean with a view on seaside and with a big bathroom.But this place not for holidays with kids.Staff was friendly and excursion was very nice,breakfast was good as for me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank But A
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This hotel deserves no stars at all. I would call it just hostel. Thanks Godness we stayed there only three nights.

• Stayed: November 2011
6  Thank Docsv
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed for 10 days at that hotel, and still very shocked by Galil hotel in Netanya. It is awful and dirty, sheets were never changed, swimming pool was dirty, lots of dirt in the child s pool. Reception was very impolite except two French speaking women, others usually just disregardful all our requests. Food was not bad, but two waiters always angrily made guests leave the restaurant faster, tableware was dirty and full of stains. No hairdryers, teapots in the rooms. And what was even worse- lots of french speaking African people came there for religious holidays, they bothered all other guests shouting and singing songs all nights loudly, disregarded other people, but administration just said nothing and said that they had right to celebrate all night long. As a result, little child could not sleep several nights and had to skip the trip to Jerusalim, that was already booked. I really hate this hotel and would recommend to stay at a better place. The owner must feel ashamed of how he treats his guests. Btw, we paid 120 $ per night for that dirty and unfriendly old-style place, hotel Galil in Netanya.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Semenova N
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hi All,
We stayed in this hotel last year. It was me , my husband and my 4 year old daughter. It is good for families as it has specious rooms with all sea facing balconies.

I found the room nice if not too good. It was decent enough.
Front desk staff was also very good, and attentive. It has facilities like swimming pool, sauna and Gym.
We enjoyed the facilities during our stay for 15 days.
The only problem was some of the staff in dining room. The lady serving the food was always annoyed with some or other thing.
She and few other staff used to make a lot of noice in dining hall while arranging the tables. Used to eat in front of guests.. very uncommon behaviour in hospitality business.

But it worth specifing the name of a person, in dining hall, who was always smiling, was very different from other staff and was always helping and very passionate person.
His name is MURAD!
We all liked him very much and would like to go to the same hotel again, just because of him.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank bhanu080
Reviewed 30 August 2010

This hotel is awfull! Please take you time and look at the photos I attached if you are considering this hotel as your place to stay. It is not worth a penny. There are other much better hotels in Israel for the same (usually even lower) price.
I have reserved 3 nights (Aug 2010) in “refurbished room” (for 180$ per night). Immediately, at the entry we realized that hotel is older than photos show, but the worst thing happened when we entered the "refurbished" room....the awful mold smell strucked us. The smell is stronger when you turn on the AC. After observation of the room I realized that it is semi-refurbished (see the photos) and that green clusters of mold can be seen on hall ceiling. I could not sleep whole night because of this smell and in the morning I settled the bill and ran away from this dump feeling like fool, so be smarter than me and DON'T GO THERE, please. It is not value for the money; it is sleeping on the balcony for lots of money.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple