“Excellent & reasonable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Friends and Family II Hillside Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Accord
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lindenhurst, New York
“Excellent & reasonable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Great food...excellent service.
All at an unbelievably low cost. Was recommended by the innkeeper of the Blue Willow B&B.Other guests went elsewhere the first night, but were dissapointed and switched to Friends & family and were delighted.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank P Brian S

New York City, New York
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

Homey feel and flavors. Food is consistently good. Country setting with tasty local fare. We just moved to the area, and have already been there multiple times. There are always new special dishes so it never grows old. We have had a number of the pasta specials, and the burger and all were delicious. I highly recommend.

2 Thank Rhonda284
New York City, New York
“Response to Betty H's Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Betty, I feel compelled to respond to your review. My family has been eating at F&F for over nine years. It is unfortunate you did not have a great experience, as I think this is one best restaurants in the Hudson Valley. What is so disturbing about your review is that even after you accepted 4 free desserts as well as a comp'd entree, you felt compelled to write such a nasty review. If the meal was truly as bad as you described, why accept anything for free? If this had been a legitimate gripe, you should have gotten up and left. It seems you were just looking for a free evening out for your entire party. Not nice, quite mean.

2 Thank MSG57
lakewood, nj
“Friends and Family II Hillside Rest.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

Wife and I have eaten here several times during the last five years and have found this place to be the equal of restaurants in Europe, Asia and North America. Having spent considerable time on all three continents I can say that I've never eaten a meal to best what this place puts in front of it's diners. Ambience aside (which is exceptional) the presentation, service and quality of the food is exceptional. The entire staff from busperson to owner/chef is truely outstanding. If you do not check this resturant out you are, indeed, missing the opportunity of a lifetime.

• Visited February 2013
Middletown, New York
“Birthday disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Horrible service very inexperenced could care less waitress. Stuffed chicken with apples, golden raisins, shollots with Merlow sauce: no sauce, no golden raisins, (regular raisins) 2-3 tiny I mean tiny pieces of apple, chared roasted potatoes 2 out of 5 slices. Chicken Marsala whole chicken breast with a sauce poured over it. Rice pudding very bland. And we are still waiting for our tea and coffee. Had to ask waitress to remove dishes, twice. Lobster bisque came with film on top, told waitress her answer I brought it out as soon as I could.

I would not eat at this place again unless I visited the bar and got plastered first. What a shame because we were there celebrating 2 birthdays. We had been waiting to eat at this restaurant because of the reviews we had read.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Denise M, Manager at Friends and Family II Hillside Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Greetings,
So sorry you had such a disappointing experience Mon. eve. for your birthday. It was a difficult night in the kitchen as the chef was not feeling well at all. I was hoping that I could make you happy by offering you another dinner of your choice, but you declined. After taking your dinner off the check and giving you 4 desserts on the house I was hoping we had made up to you in some way. Please know that we strive to make all of our customers happy, and we hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Siincerely,