“The positive surprises kept coming..”

Leonardo City Tower Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ramat Gan
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I brought a friend along with me when I recently completed the International Tel Aviv 10k race. The hotel was very close to the trains and the buses. All of the reception people were knowledgeable; the breakfast was one of the best buffets I have EVER seen! The room was very comfortable as well. We were given a coupon on check in for free pastries and drinks, which we used the next day. The coissants were out of this world and served with finesse. When my friend asked if anyone knew of an open wine shop, she was promptly told she would be GIVEN a free bottle of wine! I would definitely come back, and the next time try out the spa, the restaurant....

Room Tip: Away from elevator, which is my standard tip.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bandaidslsJerusalem
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, General Manager at Leonardo City Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,
How nice to hear that you arrived from out the country to participate in the 10k run.
Even more wonderful that you had some time to enjoy our delicious buffet breakfast and that our staff were so helpful to you.
I was honored to hear from my staff that they were able to help your friend with a little gift for a friend that she was going to visit on Friday night, and because it was getting so close to Shabbat all of the stores were already closed. It was our absolute pleasure to help out.
We hope to see you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Leonardo City Tower Hotel

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Good hotel, clean, secure and friendly with good amenities. Good breakfast. Pleasant bar with good bar food. A pity that the 'Arugula Restaurant' was never open - I lived-off bar food for the week since the hotel is away from the main strip by quite a way and I was working long hours.

Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Located near the hotel are some very nice restaurants within walking distance that I am sure if you speak with the front desk, next time you visit us, they will be happy to point you in the right direction of something delicious. Especially after a long day I can understand completely that you would want to see something new on the menu. We hope to see you back again soon and if you arrive on a Friday the Arugula restaurant is always open with a amazing buffet.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We had been travelling around Israel and stayed in some shocking hotels that cost a lot more so when we walked into our room we were pleasantly surprised. We had a mini suite it was modern clean roomy I couldn't actually fault it ,

The pool area was lovely. A bit noisy but were not there to long for it to bother us

Breakfast was really lovely Coffee was a little slow being served but the food and selection was great

Room service. Was expensive and the service not great

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Sammiemargo

Dear Guests,
I hope you enjoyed your trip of Israel, and I thank you for taking the time to write such kind comments about your stay with us.
It is always nice to be surprised by that one place you where not to sure about, and I am glad that place was the Leonardo City Tower Hotel for you.
I would also like you to know that I have passed on your comments about the service and it will be taken care of.
It is every important to us that of guests feel comfortable and enjoy themselves throughout there stay.
Hope you had a safe trip home.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The quality of the hotel and the service offered is really excellent. Rooms are big and nice bed is fantastic, the only concern is the noise if you are in the highway side. Breakfast is excellent, the personell is extremely kind and service really good. I appreciate very much also the lounge service: quiet place, excellent service and good food.
The only negative point according to me is the location,there are really few restaurant nearby, you need to take a taxi to go out for dinner.

Room Tip: Higher floors is less noisy
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cinzia C
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo City Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would first very much like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write such wonderful comments about your stay.
It is always nice to hear that our guests had time to enjoy the hotel facilities.
Concerning your comment about the noise from the highway, I do hope you let us know that it was bothering you so that we were able to arrange a different room that would be more to your satisfaction.
Please do not hesitate next time you stay with us to call ahead of time and we will be happy to write a comment in your reservation with a special request for a room away from the highway.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am writing to express my appreciation for the quality of service offered to me the days of my stay at the Leonardo City Towers. I was extremely happy with the treatment at the Leonardo City Tower at Ramat Gan hotel and I have several choices of hotels that are much closer and less expensive to stay at. I continue to choose the Leonardo Ramat Gan because of the staff but specifically the treatment I get from Rona Alkolombri. She is a consummate professional that takes real pride in her work. Employees are the life blood of every organization and when you have exceptional employees, I believe it is important that they are recognized. The first morning of my stay, Rona showed me the breakfast room (a little expensive). While showing me all of the choices of delicious foods, she noticed that the chef making the omelets had an apron on that was soiled. She spoke nicely to the omelet chef and informed him that his apron was dirty and he needed to change it. Not only did she speak very respectfully to the chef, she did it in Hebrew and quietly so that I would not understand and he would not be embarrassed. I can’t stress enough what a great personality and help Rona was. From day one, the hotel service has a great quality, both because of its comfortable and appropriate facilities, but Rona adds a new level of constant concern for my comfort. I am returning next week for several days and I will go back to your hotel. I have and will recommend your hotel to friends and family.

Dear Guest,

I have to say that while reading your review I was over the moon with joy that you were able to meet one of our amazing managers on staff. It is an absolute pleasure to hear that you received such amazing service, not that I am surprised, as our staff work very hard to make sure our guests are taken care of. Even if that means have one of the staff change into a clean apron. It is very important to us that our guests feel welcome and at home while staying with us. It is so nice to hear that you have stayed with us before and will be joining us again so soon. I hope you have a safe trip home and back to Israel.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My initial impression of the hotel, perched on the edge of some major roads in a pretty non-descript part of Tel Aviv did not bode well. However, the reception was well lit and welcoming. Check-in was a smooth and painless process and within a few minutes of walking into the hotel I was dropping my bags in the room…and then things begun to fall apart:

The Room

The room was pretty standard, a decent sized bed, small mimibar, kettle etc. There was nothing remarkable about the room but equally so there wasn’t anything offensive about it either. The blinds really didn’t close and the bed sheets were measurably too small for the bed but in the general run of things these can be considered to be the most positive aspects of my stay. The bathroom was definitely shabby, cracked tiles in the shower, a bizarre and somewhat disturbing metal sink which looked like it has been forcibly removed from an operating theatre and tiny slivers of soap which really only served to underline the feeling that someone in the hotel’s management had once heard of complimentary toiletries but failed to grasp the overall concept. The biggest issues with the room was that the air-conditioning, despite being reasonably functional, produced a eerie dripping sound the whole night giving me the impression that I was actually sleeping in a deep, dank cave. Close inspection of the unit did not reveal the cause of this dripping and I didn’t want to complain to the hotel in case the charged we extra for in-room entertainment.

The Lobby Bar

Shortly after my arrival I retired to the lobby bar for a drink and dinner. In the 45 minutes that it took me to attract the waitresses eye for the menu I managed to contemplate the sheer genius of someone who cant work an empty bar and still remain unaffected by the night’s solitary punter gesticulating wildly and making the universal signs for, ‘Help I am dying of thirst…’
The wait for the menu however had set the expectations high which was a major problem as the fare offered, so called Italian Tapas appeared bland and uninspiring. However, I can not make a fair and honest judgement here as after another 30 minutes of trying to catch my waitress I simply gave up and went to bed hungry.

Breakfast

Normally in Israel breakfast is a wonderful spread of fresh fruit, fresh bread, cheeses, coffee, cakes and other such wonders. I have been known to eat my own body weight for breakfast in Israel and was distraught when I saw the breakfast on offer here. Ignoring the fact that it took me 27 minutes to find someone to bring me a cup of coffee (which the more generous traveller, I am sure, will agree, is perfectly acceptable…especially considering the amount of effort it takes to server the two other punters…) the selection was pretty poor. My overall impression was that it has been assembled from left over breakfasts collected from lower star rated hotels. The fruit all looked well past its prime or came from cans, the cheeses all looked bruised and slightly sweaty whilst the yoghurt (at least I hope it was yoghurt…) was something that I will see in my nightmares for many years to come. I am going to ignore whatever was growing in the honey dish as it seemed to be thriving quite nicely and had doubled in size the next day (I only went back on the second day as I have a car crash fascination with the macabre…). I would also strongly advise people of a nervous disposition to avoid the omelette chef as my request for an omelette was received with as much disdain as I have ever seen from one human being.
The Gym

The gym wasn’t too bad – the treadmills seemed to be in good working order and there was a punch bag, which was an added bonus. I didn’t use the pool but it looked clean and well maintained.

The Concierge

I do have to question the concept of putting people who really, obviously detest humanity, in customer facing positions. On my departure (and yes I was smiling from ear to ear…) I asked the concierge to book me a taxi that I could pay using a credit card. This resulted in a series of scowls and long faces and another look of such utter contempt that would have given the poor omelette chef a run for his money. When the taxi arrived, the concierge jerked his thumb in the general direction of the taxi and watched as I struggled to open the door whilst juggling two bags. I don’t think it even crossed his mind to help me or even open the boot of the car.
Clearly, I wont be staying in this hotel again as a there are many many better hotels in Tel Aviv staffed by people who understand the concept of customer service

Room Tip: The best rooms can be found in alternative hotels
1  Thank blazdell
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo City Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Guest,
I would very much appreciate it if you would contact us at Yorava@fattal.co.il.
I would like to speak with you about your stay at the Leonardo City Tower.
It is very important to us to learn and improve from our guests comments about there stay, and I would very much like to hear all about your stay with us to see how I may help.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Yora Vardi

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were delighted with our short stay here and would pick this hotel again. My husband was there on business and I went for a rest. It is in an ideal location, near the bus station and the trains, both less than a few minutes walk. The staff made us so welcome and were very helpful and friendly. We booked with use of the business lounge, which was a real benefit, I could pop in on my own, have a drink and snack and there were always friendly staff there to chat with. Everything was clean throughout the hotel, including the pool and surrounding area, and food was excellent. I thoroughly recommend staying here.

Dear Guests,
It is an absolute pleasure to hear that you were able to enjoy yourself and have the time to rest throughout your stay.
I am very happy to hear that the hotels location was so helpful to you while you were traveling.
We hope to see you with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramat Gan
Herods Tel Aviv
#60 of 100 in Tel Aviv
Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel
Leonardo Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv

Been to Leonardo City Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!