“You know it makes sense...”

Leonardo City Tower Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ramat Gan
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“You know it makes sense...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

This was my second trip to Israel, and the second time I stayed in this hotel.

I work at airports a lot and as there is no airport hotel in Tel Aviv I was recommended to stay in this Hotel.

As I am sure you have read from other reviewers;
1. Access to the train station is by foot and takes 10 minutes.
2. Trains to the airport run every half an hour during the day and are 16 Sheckel.
3. *Everything* in Israel shuts down for the Shabbat (Friday Dusk to Saturday Dark), - so no trains ... but you knew that already didn't you? 8-) [ http://www.israelinsideout.com/Touring/a-tourists-guide-to-shabbat-the-sabbath.html ]
4. Taxis from the airport are around 160 Sheckel, but take the same time (yes, 10 times the train fare)
5. Hotel staff are all really helpful and friendly
6. I have never had the luxury of trying breakfast, so I cant advise.
7. The little café in the foyer has nice Salmon, Pizza and salads.

Next time I'm in Israel guess where I will stay!

Room Tip: There are some function rooms on the lower floors I believe - I did hear one guest asking about nois...
1 Thank Paul-Syd-Smith
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, General Manager at Leonardo City Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am overwhelmed with joy to hear that you are a returning guest.
I also very much enjoyed reading your explanation about transportation to the hotel as well as our Shabbat.
It was very well put. I was sorry to hear that you do not have time in your day to enjoy our breakfast spread.
I hope you had a safe flight home and join us again soon.
Merav Soberano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Visiting on business. Picked this hotel as it was close to Savidor train station so only 3 stops from the airport. 20-30mins and you are at the hotel for only 16sheqel. Also thought it would be good as it promoted itself as recently refurbished. Very small Italian restaurant. Other restaurant closed. Limited menu, two things I selected were not available. Rooms a good size (Deluxe) but I felt a little dirty, especially bathroom. Shower pressure poor. Back from meeting early one day o find room still not made up. House keeping arrived just after 3pm. Price okay. Overall, okay. Reception and bar staff very friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, General Manager at Leonardo City Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Leonardo City Tower Hotel.
The public transportation in the area in wonderful, especially if you are traveling during the week. As the train station is closed from Friday afternoon until Saturday night, until Shabbat is over.
I very much hope that you notified us of any problems you might f had with the room so that we could promptly look in to this matter.
Making sure our guests are comfortable is our top priority and it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.
I hope you had a safe trip home.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The front desk staff of Maytal and Shani were INCREDIBLE! Some of the most helpful and knowledgable staff of any place of ever stayed in my many trips to Israel. They worked with me to help me with my stays in other cities in Israel, and accommodated our large group wonderfully efficient!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Christian N
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo City Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,
It is always a pleasure to hear how our staff were able to help our guests during there stay.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us and we hope to see you with us again on your next trip to Israel.
I hope you had a wonderful trip and a safe flight home.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The most important part of my decision to stay in this hotel is amazing staff. Meital, Maya, Elen and Israel thank you very much for you passion, assistance and hospitality. Also thanks to executive chef Robert for tasty food. Also thanks to Uri from security for his help.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, General Manager at Leonardo City Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to hear that our staff was so helpful to you while you were staying at the Leonardo City Tower Hotel.
It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoying coming back to stay with us because of our wonderful staff.
Ii hope you join us again very soon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

For my business trip purpose, it's the best location in ramat gan. Good value for money. Staff is good and polite and service decent. Rooms are average, not extravagantly good. Not enough amenities toiletries in the bath room. Will stay again when in Tel-Aviv

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank nilangmehta
Dear Guest,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at the Leonardo City Tower Hotel.
It is always a pleasure to hear how our guests are enjoying there stay and how we can improve your stay with us.
I do hope that you notified us that you would like some more amenities in your room.
We are always available and take pride in making sure our guests have everything they.
I hope you had a safe trip home.
Jerusalem
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I brought a friend along with me when I recently completed the International Tel Aviv 10k race. The hotel was very close to the trains and the buses. All of the reception people were knowledgeable; the breakfast was one of the best buffets I have EVER seen! The room was very comfortable as well. We were given a coupon on check in for free pastries and drinks, which we used the next day. The coissants were out of this world and served with finesse. When my friend asked if anyone knew of an open wine shop, she was promptly told she would be GIVEN a free bottle of wine! I would definitely come back, and the next time try out the spa, the restaurant....

Room Tip: Away from elevator, which is my standard tip.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bandaidslsJerusalem
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, General Manager at Leonardo City Tower Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,
How nice to hear that you arrived from out the country to participate in the 10k run.
Even more wonderful that you had some time to enjoy our delicious buffet breakfast and that our staff were so helpful to you.
I was honored to hear from my staff that they were able to help your friend with a little gift for a friend that she was going to visit on Friday night, and because it was getting so close to Shabbat all of the stores were already closed. It was our absolute pleasure to help out.
We hope to see you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Good hotel, clean, secure and friendly with good amenities. Good breakfast. Pleasant bar with good bar food. A pity that the 'Arugula Restaurant' was never open - I lived-off bar food for the week since the hotel is away from the main strip by quite a way and I was working long hours.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Located near the hotel are some very nice restaurants within walking distance that I am sure if you speak with the front desk, next time you visit us, they will be happy to point you in the right direction of something delicious. Especially after a long day I can understand completely that you would want to see something new on the menu. We hope to see you back again soon and if you arrive on a Friday the Arugula restaurant is always open with a amazing buffet.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramat Gan
Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel
Vital Hotel
Vital Hotel
#17 of 98 in Tel Aviv

Been to Leonardo City Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!