I had been booked into a room in the 'old' section of this hotel; and it wasn't very nice at all: Musty; small bathroom; cheap fixtures and fittings - and although I had specified a 'non-smoking room', this one stank of stale tobacco. I couldn't bear the thought of four nights in this horrible room, so I asked at reception to be moved to the 'new' section. This was granted by the reception staff (in a very courteous and professional manner I might add), and so I moved rooms, after having agreed to pay for the upgrade. The suite in the new section was far nicer: Spotlessly clean; a nice bedroom and lounge with large balcony and (empty) hot tub; and a lovely roomy bathroom. I have graded the hotel on the strength of the new room; and if I'd had to stay in the old room my assessment would have been very different.
Breakfast is wonderful here. I've stayed in plenty of really good hotels around the world; and for my taste the breakfast here is as good as anywhere. The staff at breakfast were all very pleasant.
I also found the reception staff to be pleasant, courteous and professional; although on one occasion a long queue developed for the reception and the staff were not all that quick to respond.
The location was great for the airport. (I had a car and don't know how easy transfers to the airport and to town would be without one.)
Wireless Internet connection was free but quite slow.
I ate in the restaurant one evening, and was pleasantly surprised at the relatively good quality. The service staff were pleasant here too.
The gym was exceptional; and I counted over 40 treadmills!
I had a very good experience here; but it would have been different if I'd had to stay in my original room.
The staff were all friendly and helpful
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every guest is treated to five star hospitality in the hotel's 270 deluxe room and exclusive suites: advanced sports facilities, a luxurious lobby, sports restaurants, bar, cafeteria, business lounge, synagogue, pampering spa and many engaging activities for children, teenagers and adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kfar Maccabiah Hotel Ramat Gan
- Kfar Maccabiah Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Tel Aviv