“Great hotel, in a dodgy location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District

Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ramat Gan
“Great hotel, in a dodgy location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

As a regular business traveller to Israel I am am generally underwhelmed by the hotels I stay in. The Hotel Indigo is the first hotel I've stayed in in Israel where I've been impressed.

Ramat Gan the area the hotel is in is a bit seedy, but the hotel itself is peaceful, and comfortable.

The rooms are small but well appointed. Really nice bathrooms. The Wi-Fi is quite slow, but its free so I can't complain.

Service at breakfast is a bit slow but other than that a great hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the streets. They aren't busy but you still get traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Justin P
Javier G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to your stay at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District. Is important to us that all our guests have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.

I will now make it my priority to pass on the comments you have made to the team here at the Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv, with the aim to improve our services going forward.
Yours sincerely,
Javier Gorbatt
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Hatfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here four four nights on business in Tel Aviv, and I think it is a pretty good hotel for business, but I probably would not come here on holiday.

The rooms are small (regardless of what the hotel management have said in reply to this, trust me, the rooms are small), but, very nicely designed. Most importantly (and I cannot stress this too much), the air conditioning is quiet, and does not switch off during the night as in some other hotels. The bed is comfortable, and the pillows are OK (but no better than that). There is adequate wardrobe space for one person for a week, but no more. The bathroom is modern (shower only) and everything works. The shaving mirror is particularly good.

Breakfast is good. In Israel, I judge the breakfast by the Shak-shouka, and it was well cooked here. I have not eaten any other meal here, so I cannot comment on the rest of the cuisine. There is a rooftop bar and pool area, and like some other reviewers, I was surprised at the size of the pool - it is for kids and paddling only! But the setting is great, with views of the Diamond district and Tel Aviv. However, be warned, a beer is 30NIS! I advise you to enjoy the view ... and drink in the street. There is a dining area here also, but I wonder if they too add a supplement for the view!

Again, like other reviewers, I was surprised at how small the public spaces are. I never experienced the dining room full, but it is not large, and I suspect those people who found that it could not cope when the hotel is full we're probably right (I would be interested to see if the management have a comment).

I found the service to be excellent, i.e. efficient and friendly. For example, I asked for the nearest Bank Hapoalim, and was given good directions; more importantly, there was a problem with the air conditioning, and someone came within 5 minutes and fixed it!

Nearby the hotel are several low-cost dining outlets (sushi, falafel, pasta) but I have not yet found a more upscale restaurant. There is also an interesting bar just opposite.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business travellers. Certainly, this side of the Ayalon freeway is a lot nicer than the other side!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ian14_11
Dana H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Ian14.
Thank you for your review of the hotel indigo tel aviv. We take great pride in our unique up-scale design, guest services, and our culinary options and are happy that you enjoyed the level of our services and the hotel's facilities. We do invite you to return to our hotel for your next business or leisure trip to Israel and recommend you to try our larger Deluxe Rooms with a separate sitting area or our suites which offer high ceilings, walk-in closets, and an open balcony with a private jaccuzi (depending on your choice of suite).
Best regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel's location is not so ideal but not bad either. The building looks nice from the outside and the lobby is very arty. The check in was quick although the person was not very pleasant and did not understand English very well. The room was smaller than expected but that was not so much a problem. The smell in the hallway was horrendous, it went away the next day. There was a similar smell coming from the sink every time I used. There was a lot of noise coming from the hallway, bad sound proofing. The bed was not well made, it looked like the sheets were just thrown on the bed without being tucked. One of the body towels had dark stains... I ordered room service twice. The pasta was not very nice but the salad was great. The person who came to deliver the food were very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear fripouille715,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The service in the hotel has improved, which surprises me ! as it was always good, I have stayed here a few times since my last visit. the restaurant is great, the room is very comfortable, but small, this time and a few other times I had a room that was comfortable in size, but really these rooms are too small if spending any time in the room, and I was alone ! swimming pool is really way too small.

Room Tip: check room before you confirm as some rooms are adequate and some are just too small !
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Givemeaholiday
Dana H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Givemeaholiday,

Thank you for your contributed review and we are happy that you chose our hotel for your second visit to Israel. We are constantly striving to deliver best service our guests and I am glad that you experienced our warm and professional service. The Blackstone Bistro & Lounge is one of the city's most popular restaurants and we take pride in our Mediterranean kitchen and I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed dinning with us. As an urban business and life-style city hotel our rooms are fit for 2 guests and are approximately 22 SM in size. As Hotel Indigo is the upscale boutique brand by InterContinental Hotels Group, our emphasis is more on design and comfort and less on "large space". Nevertheless, we do have larger Deluxe Rooms which have a separate sitting area and suites as well. We also have some larger Standard rooms which are approximately 25 SM at no additional cost. On your next visit to us kindly ask for me so that I can block a larger room for you if available in order to make your next stay perfect.
Best regards.
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

What a gorgeous hotel! Loved the design.
We got to the hotel a bit early after a long flight from Los Angeles,
so the concierge quickly made sure we were comfortable and brought us to the rooftop pool with drinks. Amazing view.
The modern themes in the rooms gave a great vibe, which made our vacation even more romantic, my girl friend didnt want to leave :)
There's a wonderful restaurant on the first floor where we had a delicious breakfast, great produce they got in Israel.
Convenient taxi service at the hotel, less then 10 minutes to the beach.
Overall the hotel and service made our vacation perfect. Will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Adi B
Dana H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the excellent / fantastic review! We are delighted to hear that our combination of location, service, and amenities made your stay memorable. It is always very encouraging for us when guests share their experience and we take all feedbacks on board, with every effort to improve our services going forward.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Yours Sincerely,
Javier Gorbatt
Front Office Manager
Ramat Gan, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel was the worth hotel i been in my life!!!! The service was so bad, Liroi one of the stuff wasnt polite , the breakfast was bad, they didnt have kinds of food, the pool so small snd a lot of younge people who drinks alchol , they didnt do nothing to make u be happy, small hotel, i really say: dont go there!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Hadasel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Hadasel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv Diamond Exchange Ramat Gan Hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in the hotel soon.

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Small but well decorated rooms, very nice bathroom, well above average breakfast, very nice restaurant with exquisite food and service, and rooftop glassed with swimming pool and open view of the city. Plus intercontinental points that also count if you stay in the hotel chain elsewhere. Recommended!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank SandroBernardes
Dana H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the fantastic review!
We are delighted to hear that our combination of service, restaurant options and amenities made your stay memorable. It is always very encouraging for us when guests share their experience and we take all feedbacks on board, with every effort to improve our services going forward.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours Sincerely,
Rimonim Tower Hotel Ramat Gan
Royal Beach Hotel Tel Aviv by Isrotel Exclusive Collection
Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach
InterContinental David Tel Aviv

Been to Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District? Share your experiences!