“little things let it down”
Review of Matsuya

Matsuya
Ranked #51 of 76 Restaurants in Ramat Gan
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Description: Chef restaurant that serves a Japanese greel and sushi
Description: Chef restaurant that serves a Japanese greel and sushi
Netanya, Israel
“little things let it down”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

For a start, our 8pm table was not ready for us at 8.15pm....and they were not busy.
waiter was very informative and helpful...including pointing our dishes on the menu that have been deleted because they were 'awful'.
so we ordered - starters and mains. 10 minutes later the waiter returns to tell us that the 2 starters we ordered are also not available.
so we ordered something else.
next thing you know,the main course arrives,followed 5 minutes later by the starters.
what the.....
ALL the food was delicious...exception being the tempura kod and potatoes...fish and chips....small portion for a main...especially at over 60nis...really nothing special at all.
there was no drink menu...but the mojito was apparently amazing.
ditto the dessert....no menu....but the hot chocolate cake with fried ice cream was out of this world....yes fried.
we'll excuse the fact that I was still charged for the 2 starters that we didn't have...human error.
would I go back? I think so...but I won't have the fish and chips....who orders f+c in an Asian restaurant anyway?

• Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
Kyiv
“Excellent food and staff”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were staying in the Leonardo City Tower in Tel Aviv the night before our flight home and we had dinner at this Japanese grill and sushi bar, which was just around the corner from the hotel. The food was delicious. My husband had the katsu and a tuna maki roll and I had miso soup and the noodle special, which was something similar to Pad Thai. The miso was really good and packed with shiitake mushrooms and tofu. They brought a variety of tsukemono to the table with our entrees, which was a nice addition. The food was great, but the service was what really made dinner wonderful. Our waiter was really nice and attentive. He also brought us a promotional set of fleece winter gear when he found out we were headed back to a cold location. The prices were reasonable and we would go back again. The only weird part of our experience was that they didn't have restaurant menus and brought us a print-out from the Internet. Maybe that was only the English menu, though.

Visited December 2013