“A home away from home!”
Review of Safed Inn

Safed Inn
Ranked #1 of 31 Speciality Lodging in Safed
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This B&B is one of the nicest places I have stayed at in Israel. Riki and Dov, the owners, are welcoming and give great advise for places to see, and to eat at! The breakfasts are wonderful, I recommend the traditional Israeli breakfast, Riki is a great cook and the meal is feast! The rooms are very clean and comfortable, not like a plastic hotel that so many people seem to want...this is a place where your hosts get to know you, and you them. Have a beer with Riki and Dov, look at the fantastic pictures that Dov's father took of the area in the 40's and 50's and you will get a history lesson on the spot. My wife and I loved every moment here, and I can assure you we will be back to this special place...it is truly a home away from home.

Room Tip: The suites are wonderful in size and have great bathrooms!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This cosy nice place really was one of my most intense experience in Israel. I really recommend the Israeli breakfast, with lots of homemade specialties. Thank you so much, Riki & Dov. Especially for all your advices regarding my trip. Riki, Meriam guided my safely back home. My girlfriend says thanks, too. ;-)
Bye, Philipp

PS: The Safed Inn is also known as Ruckenstein B&B.
PPS: It is also a great stay for exploring the northern parts of Israel, because Nazareth, Golan Heights or even Akko aren't that far away.

Room Tip: I had a three bed room, which was good. Next time I would choose a more private room, for instance a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Safed Inn has a variety of rooms, depending on your needs. My wife and I stayed in a standard double room which was reasonably comfortable with a clean, comfortable bed, although the room furnishings and bathroom were a little worn. The hosts are delightful; Riki is a native English speaker and provided us with all kinds of good advice for our time in Safed, and our travels in the Galilee and Golan. The breakfasts are also very good: home made jam, fresh eggs, sweet rolls, etc. We had planned only one night, but returned for a second night. The Inn is located up a hill about a mile from the center of town, so although it is accessible by taxi and bus, a car is helpful (and it's easy to park - something that can't be said for the center of town). This is not a five star hotel, but very good value with hosts that will make you feel very much at home. I can certainly highly recommend it.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We originally planned to stay only one night but just had to be there for one more night because of this lovely place.
The room (we had a private room) is just as big and clean as in a big hotel, the hosts are wonderful, kind and so sympathetic you feel like home at once.
Highly recommended if you plan to stay in the Golan!

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We came here after staying in Tel Aviv and Tiberias. Just a place to stay. But what a place! Fantastic owners and breakfasts to die for. My wife is a troublesome coeliac, unable to eat any food containing wheat flour but the owners coped with this without any trouble. We also had a common hobby of making fruit flavoured white spirits. Love from Keith and Pat from Crete

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked a double room, but the owner offered us a "twin" when my daughter and I arrived. I said that was great. But our room was NOTHING like the ones pictured. It was a glorified hostel room. No terrace or dining area as promised on the booking site. We had no table except a very sketchy one folded up on a hinge on the wall. A little fridge and kumkum in a nook in the wall. Pretty uncomfortable twin beds that were so light they kept moving when we sat on them. The bathroom was barely usable, there was a very tiny basin for a sink with a large faucet that literally extended out so that water flooded the floor. We could not rinse our faces in it, or brush our teeth without dripping on our feet, and we never managed to get hot water even though we were warned that hot was cold and cold was hot in the faucet.
The owner is nice and the property is pretty with all the herbs and flowers, but paying $90 a night for that was not cool.

Room Tip: Be sure to look at the room before you agree to it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank aeisenberg
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Riki, the owner, was extremely gracious and made me feel right at home. She was super helpful and full of suggestions. She definitely pointed me in the right direction concerning restaurant options, site seeing, wine tasting, etc. The inn is nicely located as it's offers easy access to Safed town while avoiding its higher prices. Go for the breakfast, everything is fresh and homemade. Rent a car and use it as home base to explore the region. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Safed
Ruth Rimonim Safed
Kibbutz Inbar Country Lodging
Eretzefat
Eretzefat
#3 of 31 in Safed

Been to Safed Inn? Share your experiences!