“Room and a Half and 2 Tortoises!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rappeport Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Safed
Rappeport Guest House
Ranked #6 of 36 Safed B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
“Room and a Half and 2 Tortoises!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

We had a very pleasant stay in a lovely old building.
Laurie could not have been more pleasant and helpful.
The bathroom is a bit of a tight squeeze but the environment made up for it.
The garden is nice to sit out on and the views from Lauries' verandah are breathtaking.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
RBS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

right in the beautiful artist colony, very warm and personable host. nice garden to sit in. two bedrooms and small bath. clean. for 1-2 people it is very good. more than that might feel squished. host is great source of ideas and info.. recommended

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Decatur, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

Laurie helped to make our recent stay in Tsfat a memorable weekend. Her accommodations were just as she advertised, two rooms with a very small bathroom. We liked having the extra small room for our luggage, storage etc. Think location, location, location. The rooms are small but comfortable and clean. As a couple, we worked with the space and thoroughly enjoyed being within the artists colony area. Laurie is a grand hostess and full of wonderful information. When my husband fell ill for a brief period, she was so accommodating and helpful. We had an extra treat on Shabbat getting an animated walking tour on our way to a Shabbat dinner arranged by Laurie. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

Basically a room with a bed. An actual water closet - calling it a bathroom is a joke. My hand is larger than the sink. Basically, bring your own milk for coffee, bring your own entertainment and bring a very very warm set of PJs. Oh and it's expensive, for nothing!

Room Tip: One room with a double bed and one room with a single. Curtains are see-through so bring a sleeping...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Livnotlaurie, Owner at Rappeport Guest House, responded to this review, 26 November 2011
I'm sorry that my guests were unhappy with the guestroom. I have a small guestroom which I do my best to represent accurately on the website which notes, very clearly, that it's a small guestroom (with a second attached room with a couch) with a small bathroom/shower. The site also shows photos which depict the rooms exactly as they are (no photoshopping, no wide lens). My prices are in line with the other guestrooms of the same size in my area. In fact, I don't know of any other "tzimmers" in my area which cost less, though there are hostels and I always give out their phone numbers to anyone who feels that my price is above their budget.

I'm a bit confused about the comment that the room is "cold." I pointed out to these guests that there are two heaters in the room. They were sitting in their shirtsleeves when I came in to say hello with only one heater on, so I assumed that they didn't need the other one, though I did mention where it was and where the remote control to operate it was hanging. Also, the guests who stayed there the day before they arrived were a family with a 2-week old baby and they felt that the room was warm enough for their infant.

Re: curtains -- I changed the curtains at one point to thicker curtains and some of my repeat guests noted that they missed the lighter curtains which gave the room a lighter feel and allowed them to feel the sunshine as it came through the trees in the morning. So I changed them back. Mistake? Maybe.

I make every effort to note, on my website, exactly what I can offer and I send this webpage to every guest before they arrive. I try very hard to present our town in a welcoming manner and I'm truly sorry if my guests felt uncomfortable.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Laurie's place is homely, comfortable and ideally situated. She made me feel welcome, even when I managed to lock myself out of my room!
She is indeed a wealth of information about the area.
I walked with her one evening when she walked her dogs.

I find the location of her guest house ideal. I was travelling alone and felt very safe to walk around at night and to explore. I felt very safe overall in Tzfat, even when I venture down to the graveyard. I can recommend her place to anybody going to Tzfat.

I received bad news from home when I stayed with Laurie. She listened, adviced and even borrowed me her laptop to make arrangements with my family back home.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. I love it that it is situated within the artist colony and very close to the restaurants and shops.

An amazing experience. I will definitely stay with Laurie on my next trip to Tzfat again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Sausalito, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

We stayed at Laurie Rappeport's guest house on recent trip to Safed, Israel. Laurie is a wealth of information about Safed (in fact she works at the tourist information bureau), so it's like having a living, breathing Fodor's book or iPhone app at your disposal. She was very welcoming of us into her home. We even met her friends and family. Her two room in-law unit (lower level of her house), with a private entrance and lovely garden area is perfect for a family with a small child or a couple. There is a main room with a doube bed and a second room with a single bed. The bathroom is very small and a little weird in it's set up, in that you have to walk through the shower to get to the sink and toilet. Once you get used to the creative design concept, it's no big deal and actually works amazingly well. The room also has a refrigerator and water pot, and she provides fresh milk for coffee and tea. The parking situation can be difficult on busy nights since it is a very popular tourist area, and is easier if you are traveling lightly, since you have to walk down a long set of stairs on a lane to get to the house. The most important thing to know, is that it's a perfect location. It is walking distance to everything in the old city. We had breakfast at a wonderful cafe Izidora. Also, we bought most of our gifts at this wonderful gallery in the Old City, Tzfat Gallery, 12 Caro Street.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danielsonkin
philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

Our stay at the Rappeport Guest House was lovely. Laurie is the consummate host, and made our visit as comfortable as possible. Although the two bedrooms and bathroom were tiny, my husband, two grown children and myself slept well.
The location was right in the Artist's Colony and a stone's throw from everything. Besides her role as guest house proprietor, Laurie works for the Tsfat Tourist Bureau and was a big help with suggestions for sights to see and shopping. For our next trip to Tsfat we will certainly contact her to arrange a stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family