“Stay in Safed (Tzfat)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Safed
Rappeport Guest House
Ranked #8 of 37 Safed B&B and Inns
Aventura, Florida
“Stay in Safed (Tzfat)”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We spent three evenings at the Rappeport Guest House in Tzfat this past July. The owner was fantastic as we were given information about the town that one could not easily obtain from reading a brochure. Upon arrival we were greeted as if we had known one another for several years instead of just sending emails back and forth. From the time we settled in we felt at home. The room(s) were nice; we knew beforehand that we were not staying at the Ritz or any other plush hotel. Everything we needed was there for us including a more than adequate air conditioner as the days were very warm and humid. We slept comfortably. Yes, the bathroom/shower was a tight fit but this was made aware to us before we arrived; the web site and previous guests had spoken of the situation. Although there is a small bedroom off of the main bedroom we used the area only to store our luggage. One thing to note is that there are lots of steps to go up to the main road or, for that matter, to go anywhere in the small town. We managed. We were also told about the various restaurants in town and all of the shops and where to go and what to see. Our time and expenses were well spent. I would do it again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jesse B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It was a great experience to stay in Laurie's Geust house while travelling throughout Izrael. Thank you for recommending all the locations of inetrest that made our time full of adventure. I fully rocommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tomas K
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 24 July 2013

First of all, renting a tzimmer (small studio that is part of a house) in Tsfat is not just about the tzimmer. It's also about the owner.

Laurie is the BEST. She used to work in Tsfat tourism, and so she knows all the tourist spots, restaurants, taxi companies, etc. Anything you want to know, Laurie knows and is super friendly and happy to share.

Second, the tzimmer is beautiful and clean and it opens into a beautiful courtyard that is peaceful and full of trees (and turtles)!

I would definitely stay there again if I'm back in Tsfat. I totally recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sarah g
Newhampshire
Reviewed 19 December 2012

You wont be disappointed if you choose this wonderful place to lodge in Tzfat. The room was lovely, clean, private, with its own exit door to a wonderful walled in courtyard. Its located in the artist quarter of the old city and an easy walk to the galleries, the old synagogues and other places to visit such as the candle factory or hiking trails.

The owner of this establishment has lived in Tzfat over 20 years, is fluent in English and Hebrew, and her knowledge of the city will be valuable to anyone who is searching for certain things to glean from their trip; whether that be where to study Kabbalah or where to buy a fine silk scarf, or the location of a synagogue.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Maggie D
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 December 2012

It was just about a year ago that I fell in love with the town of Tzfat. I always knew that I would need to get back. As I was planning my vacation back to Israel for the first time alone, I knew that I had to stay in the heart of Tzfat. I came across the Rappeport Guest House, began e-mailing right away back and forth with Laurie and it was just about perfect from the beginning! Laurie was a tremendous help not only with the booking and staying at her guest house but with a great deal of wonderful and helpful information in general.
Laurie was truly amazing....leading up to my stay at the guest house she was able to help and answer any and all questions I had. When I finally arrived at the guest house, I truly felt at home. Laurie's warm and welcoming attitude made me feel the same at home feelings I had felt when I first fell in love with the town of Tzfat.
Laurie made Shabbat arrangements for me both for Friday night as well as Saturday afternoon. This did not include the impromptu walks that Laurie and I went on that were really just another highlight of my time spent in Tzfat, and at the guest house.

If anyone is looking for a real Tzfat experience with amazing hospitality right in the heart of the old city, this is exactly where you will want to be! I will be sure to return as quickly as possible not only to visit the town, the terrific people I have met, continue my conversations with Laurie or see the dogs, but to once again have the amazing Tzfat experience I have had!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank BDSklar
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 13 November 2012

The Rappaport Guest rooms are a Lovely clean and comfortable place to stay in a very traditional Safed setting - an inner court yard. All the amenities of that most travelers look for have been included. I would happily return there for another stay. It is in the old part of Safed where some much history walks around every day. It is no more than 5 minutes from all the places a traveler would like to go. One can easily find oneself being wrapped into the special atmosphere of the Old City of Safed.

Room Tip: A Lovely clean and comfortable place to stay in a very traditional Safed setting - an inner court ya...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2012

If you want a true taste of how ancient and contemporary Israelis live in Tzfat, The Rappaport Guest House will give you just that, and so much more. My daughter and I stayed for a several days including Shabbat and enjoyed every minute there. The guest house is located in the heart of the ancient city of Tzfat. It is found in what is called, the old city, which consists of a maze of delightful streets lined by the original stone houses. To get there you must walk through the same winding walkways traveled by the ancient sages who wrote the Kabala. It is told they sang out to greet the Sabbath inspired by the magical views of the mountains, so carrying our suitcases up and down a few steps was a small price to pay to retrace their route.

Once there, you enter through a gated stone-walled garden into the first floor private entrance of the guest house. Laurie Rappaport is a kind and caring person who lives in the residence above and is a wealth of information on Tzfat, and will gladly give you pointers on your journey through one of Israel’s most holy and fascinating cities.

The rooms are fairly priced, cozy and clean and give more than adequate space to sleep and bathe, but you will not be spending much time indoors as the vibrancy of Tzfat is literally right outside your door. Once settled, you can relax and enjoy the courtyard area sipping tea or coffee, and then set off on your explorations. You are only seconds from ancient synagogues, museums, and the famous Tzfat artist galleries.

The modern area of Tzfat is just as close, located directly outside the perimeter of the old city. There you will find the local town’s people working, shopping and living the life of contemporary Israelis. As in all of Israel, there are public buses that can transport you, and I recommend using them to see the entire city, but most everything is in comfortable walking distance. Tzfat is also centrally located in the north and offers an excellent point to branch out and make day trips to the surrounding region either by car or the many bus routes accessible by the central bus station in town.

The guest house met all our needs and though it doesn’t serve breakfast, we preferred paying less for the accommodations and visiting the local coffee shops for that meal. One café in which we ate had a priceless panoramic view of the surrounding mountains.

We loved our time in Tzfat and having the Rappaport Guest House as our base was perfect. If we have the good fortune to return to Israel, we will be sure to stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family