“the perfect place to experience safed”

and 1 more site!
Artist Quarter Guesthouse B&B
Ranked #2 of 37 Safed B&B and Inns
Jerusalem, Israel
“the perfect place to experience safed”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My first trip to Safed was almost 30 years ago.
I lived there for almost 10 years
and have been going back ever since.
This is a new place and certainly the best I have found.
You will truly "feel" Safed, while being close to everywhere you would want to go,
Your hosts will make you feel right at home.
Don't pass up this opportunity.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Hebrew first
Hewlett
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My wife and I stayed in the 2-room suite, with domed ceilings and original, exposed stone work. It is stunning and is beautifully decorated. The owners are very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. We couldn't recommend it more highly!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Midland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 September 2013

My adult son and I needed a place for a night in the middle of everything in Safed (Tzephat), and we found this zimmer/bed and breakfast recommended on tripadvisor.com

Many things in Israel are a hassle.....this is NOT one of them.

A beautiful, clean, bright room....huge ceilings with rough walls....like a grotto.....but clean......
Very welcoming, and neat.

Being in the midst of the Artists Quarter in the old city of Safed....Tzephat.....you have to accept the fact that you are not going to have valet service or a big parking lot in front....... But we only had to walk a few feet to the entrance. The owners talked us all the way in, on the phone, even though we arrived after 10 PM.

Breakfast was perfect, and we were able to daven (pray) at a local 6 am Minyan that was less than a five minute walk.

Perfectly located, clean, bright, and very reasonably priced with very pleasant owners.......A great value!! I look forward to returning.

Orrin Davis.

Room Tip: Be friendly!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Wow amazing experience from start to finish. We stayed in both the deluxe and standard rooms and both were big bright and clean. High arched ceilings, stone walls with natural art work. It had the authentic Tzfat architecture with any modern luxury you can ask for. The price for such outstanding accommodations was far more affordable then any of the other competitors especially considering we went on a prime weekend. And the hosts Evan and Joy, wow amazing people the truest people you can find. I had gotten hit by a car the day we got to Tzfat, they took care of us and brought food and medicine and checked in on us to make sure we were OK. They recommended Doctors and brought tea and fresh pastries every morning. Thank you Evan and Joy and the Artist Quarter Guest House for making our trip so wonderful!
Menachem and Dalia F.

2 Thank MF816
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We had a great one night stay at the Artist Quarter B&B! The room had a great feel with its' stone walls and domed ceiling and was very well decorated. We had the smaller of the two suites - it was still very spacious and well appointed with attention being paid to small details. Our hosts, Evan and Joy, were fantastic and provided us with great advice about places to see and restaurants and took the time to chat and get to know us! The location is perfect - in a very quiet area but a few minutes walk from all the important and interesting sites in Tsfat. We would recommend this B&B for anyone visiting this charming town.

1 Thank Mark L
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We just spent Shabbat in Tzfat. It is a lovely city and we had a great time, made all the better by our stay at the Artist Quarter Guesthouse. The room we had was large, clean, and maintained at a high standard, and had all the amenities we needed. The hosts were most gracious and helpful as well. The guesthouse is conveniently located near the Old City and all the attractions and sites.

The price and quality also make it the best value among B&B's in the city. Highly recommended!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I were in Israel for 12 days, and went to tzfat for two nights.
We stayed in the smaller of the two guesthouses, which was neat and clean, and spacious enough for the any couple to stay in. It had a beautiful and authentic feel to it. Evan and Joy were so hospitable, helpful and happy to help if we had any questions. Joy even made me amazing gluten free muffins for breakfast when I mentioned I can't eat wheat products. There is a private little courtyard with a table to sit outside and have breakfast. My only regret is that had I realized how much I would love being there, I would have stayed longer!!! Tzfat is a beautiful place to visit, and this B&B made the stay even better. I would definitely stay here again when I make it back to Israel.

1 Thank etti E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Safed
Ruth Rimonim
Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel
Artists' Colony Inn
Artists' Colony Inn
#1 of 37 in Safed

Been to Artist Quarter Guesthouse B&B? Share your experiences!