“A Comfortable Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Safed
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
“A Comfortable Hotel”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The hotel is in a good location, it's near the Galleries and near the Synagogues, the breakfast and dinner were very good. The room was clean and the view of the mountains were amazing.I really enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
RimonimHotels, Manager at Ruth Rimonim, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Sergio K,

It was truly a delight to read your review; Thank you for the kind words and for the time you took to share your wonderful experience at Ruth Rimonim hotel.
We strive to deliver the best service to all our guests and it is always great to hear when we succeed.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Eli Eliav

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Hebrew first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is supposed to be a highly rated tourist hotel. I was there in late February, admittedly an off season week. The cleaning of the rooms left a lot to be desired. My shoe stuck to the floor of the breakfast room four of the five mornings I was there (clean the last morning). One evening I tried to charge dinner to my room and they demanded cash; I had to throw a fit before they allowed me to charge it. On the last night, I had to check out in the middle of the night in order to get to the airport on time and they refused to give me a breakdown of the bill. Even after I asked for a copy by email, I received nothing, even though they charged my credit card.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Derick P
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I regret my recent stay at the Ruth Rimonim. The staff is absolutely awful. If you call the front desk no one will answer. They were rude when spoken to in person, and assured me there was no elevator to my floor even though there was one.

Alhough the hotel was almost empty, I was given a room with a view of a dead tree branch emerging from a crumbling wall. There were plenty of rooms with views of the mountains available. The card keys to the rooms worked once and that was it. A card is also needed to turn on the electricity in rooms and neither mine nor my traveling companion's worked. Nor did the hotel staff's when they did finally respond 20 minutes later. The breakfast was good and it was nice to get a good view of the mountains at least that once.

Do you remember the end of the second episode of the Start Trek pilot. Where Vina confesses to Capt. Pike that she is disfigured because the Tolasians re-constructed her without ever having seen a human being before. Now imagine they built a hotel.

Room Tip: Demand a room with a view -- and keep an eye on where the elevator is located -- the front desk will...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bob S
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The hotel's location is its main asset - an old, gigantic Ottoman castle-like building overlooking the valley and the mountains. Some of the rooms are housed in miniature buildings with their own private entrance on a beautiful garden. The place is definitely atmospheric at night. Breakfast is quite good. The hotel works at minima during Shabbat, which is a bit strange but that's their choice, we're in a religious city after all. It's a good place, where I would definitely stay again and which I would recommend. Needless to say, Safed is a fabulous place to visit and spending the night is a must to enjoy its peculiar atmosphere and rythm.

However it's a pity the service is so cold and impersonal. The staff is not really friendly, they make you feel like you're checking in in some chain hotel even though this hotel is far better than that.

I was also very disappointed by their utter lack of interest after I lost my coat, which I must have left either in the room or in one of the halls. I called the hotel several times. Each time the staff promised they would check if they could find it, saying they would call me back to let me know. Each time they would not call back. I would call back and they would say they were not even aware of my request. After a few times I just gave up. They did not seem to care about customers once they've left.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in January. We LOVED it! The rooms are very comfortable, and the price was great. The breakfast is delicious, and you eat breakfast in a gorgeous dining room with open glass windows and a breathtaking view of Tsfat. We stayed in 6 hotels on our Israel trip, and this was my favorite one! The location is also great, and you can just park your car at the hotel and walk everywhere. Parking is free and easy to find. I highly recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
RimonimHotels, Manager at Ruth Rimonim, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear 877Becca,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Ruth Rimonim Safed hotel. Your special compliments on our food and faciliteis are highly appreciated. Your opinions about the hotel's location and amazing view seemed to have captured the true essence of our hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Eli Eliav
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We were a large group celebrating a family simcha. My daughter in law worked diligently and tirelessly with a manager to ensure that all would go smoothly so that our group of 40 would have a comfortable and pleasant stay.
We were all terribly disappointed. Check in was a disaster,our rooms were dirty, the towels were a dingy grey, well past their best by date. The sofa bed in our room collapsed and we had to share our double bed with our granddaughter, although we had booked and were charged for a deluxe room. I spent the next morning,encouraging and supervising the maid to wash the floor and helped carry the broken sofa bed out onto the balcony. I then waited to receive two mattresses that were placed directly on the floor. My grandchildren then slept on the floor although we were charged extra for this privilege. This took the whole morning for me to coordinate as I did not have confidence that anything would get done without my prodding and supervision. It was not at all what we were expecting in a four star establishment.
Seeing that we were all trapped together in this dump, and that service in this place was non existent we all commiserated together and reminisced about our summers in camp.
All this in a four star hotel!! I forgot to mention that the lobby where all this took place was unheated which necessitated that we dress in our Canadian winter coats, scarves, and hats most of the time. We are all frequent visitors to Israel going back many, many years and have never encountered this level of incompetence,poor sanitary standards, and lack of concern for the comfort of well paying guests.
I would like to mention ,that throughout this unpleasantness,there was one young lady (I believe her name was Sivan) who did her utmost to be helpful,but given the culture and attitude of the others she had limited scope to be effective.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank J1455
Ashland, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 January 2014

After making the reservations I read some reviews and got really worried. However, when we got there the staff was very informal, but friendly and helpful. This hotel is not for those who have mobility problems, it is in a city where you either climb up, or go down, there is nothing flat, and the hotel itself requires the ability to climb stairs. The room was clean, but the carpets outside are dated. The view was amazing, breakfast was great, the location is right by the artist colony. We ate dinner outside the hotel, which required a little walking, as a family of hikers that was very pleasant.

Every evening there was some kind of activity in the lobby. which was nice, but the soundproofing could have been better. All in all, I would recommend this hotel for the active and easygoing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the modern wing.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
RimonimHotels, Manager at Ruth Rimonim, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear, Iris201401
Thank you for choosing to stay at Ruth Rimonim Safed, and for your generous review of the premises, facilities, food and service. It's always nice to get a positive review. Knowing our guests have enjoyed the vacation and facilities to the full makes it all worth while.
Hoping to have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Looking forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Eli Eliav - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Safed
Villa Galilee
#4 of 5 in Safed
Amirey Hagalil Boutique Hotel
Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel
Bayit Bagalil Boutique & Spa

Been to Ruth Rimonim? Share your experiences!