“Great vacation.”
Review of Canaan Spa Hotel

Canaan Spa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Safed
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very pleasant. Excellent location in Canaan. Great mountain air. Also you can see the Sea of ​​Galilee Kineret from here. The rooms are clean and tidy. Great food especially during the day has a distribution positions. The pool and all around excellent service.
Professional Massage Services. Only the prices a bit expensive. I wished Massage Bath intimate atmosphere, but the hamam with vacationers here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maor D
There are newer reviews for Canaan Spa Hotel

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We held a 3 day conference at the hotel and are happy to share with all our positive experience and our recommendations. The hotel staff was tentative and caring. The hotel is peaceful and calm with beautiful scenery. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The food is plentiful and tasty and the tea stand is a delight. All in all - we had a great time and plan to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LeaKeinan
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel is located outside the center in a peaceful envirement. Good food and pleasent rooms. I can highly recommend it. As a visitor I felt there was some one taking care of all the facilitis which are very well maintained.

Room Tip: We didn't try the spa which I heard is very good,
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank uri99
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We ordered a room for a weekend to start our dreamy vacation. The hotel market itself as a healthy and tasty food but in reality food is not tasty and even WORSE.
a. we found several times hair in our food.
b. plates are not clean and you have to replace plate until you get to a reasonable one...
c. the tea and coffee stands are not treated well and you can find your self without a spoon or filters for tea :(
d. we left our bad experience at the hotel lobby and got back a card which says "We got your complain. thank you" (What is that...)

The ONLY "light" for this hotel is it's spa. The crew there are very friendly and their treatments are qualitative . But for that i can travel 20min from home to relax and not practically go to hotel.

to summarize, we will never go back to this hotel never!
And just for notice there are plenty of other hotels and spa in this area, so just look for them...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ha C
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Nice comfortable rooms. The rooms facing the motorway are noisy. Decent cleaning and mentainace. There is no Internet in the rooms only in the lobby. The restaurant is average but decent. A quiet and convenient choice without pretentions. Highly adequate for people in their after 40's . The area is beautiful and all the sites are within light driving distance.

Room Tip: The reception desk is very forthcoming make sure you let them know of any inconvenience
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We had a few very bad incidents while staying in the hotel .
1. The pillow was filthy and stained and although it was covered with a pillow case I couldn't sleep on it .
2. The mouse of the computer didn't work properly as it was hard and impossible to click .
3. I asked for some honey to have with my tea and didn't receive any .
4. A five star hotel like Dan hotel has a one time razor for shaving if anybody forgets but this hotel didn't have .
5. The television wasn't working so I called for a technician and it took him a long time until he came to fix it .
6. The first day I went to the lobby to drink some herbal tea at 22.40 but the worker already picked up all the stuff although he is supposed to keep it until 23.00 and when I asked him why 20 minutes before time he told me that I have tea and coffee sachets in my room , so I replied it's not herbal .
7. The food was poor coparing to other five star hotels .
I wrote to the management the next morning at 8 ' clock but they neither appologised or did anything to improve the complaints .
That's why it was very disappointing and I wouldn't go to this hotel any more .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Menashe M
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I must say that the food was great and 3 meals a day is nice and economical for people who need to rest and stay a this hotel. More then boring place . We aerived on thursday and the hotel was cold including the spa and the open spaces .
Friday they opened the hiters and become warmer . Depand of the expectation ....

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Safed
Ruth Rimonim Safed
Palacio Domain Luxury Boutique Hotel
Amirey Hagalil Boutique Hotel
Bayit Bagalil Boutique & Spa
Rimonim Galei Kinnereth Hotel

Been to Canaan Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!