“awesome Awesome AWESOME!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Israel Extreme

Israel Extreme
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer custom-designed off-the-beaten-track adventure tours that include rock climbing, rappelling, hiking, swimming, kayaking, winery tours, ATVing, caving, historical sites, and pretty much anything adventurous that you want to do anywhere in Israel (and/or Jordan!). Our adventures can be various lengths, difficulties and prices, according to your interests. For groups of any size.
Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“awesome Awesome AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed Israel Extreme. Was fun and definitely worth doing! Great-immaculate views and couldn't wipe the smile off my face!!! I was traveling alone and was in Israel for 6 days. I was privileged to take 3 tours with Israel Extreme. I went rappelling and rock climbing at the Kishet Cave, and spelunking, rappelling and hiking in the Abirim Cave and Fox’s Chimney. If I could have fit one more tour in I would have. They were AWESOME!!
The guides are a wonderful group of people! They are technically skilled and you’re in great company!! You can’t go to Israel without doing Israel Extreme!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Anna P

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Week-long Jordan Trip, Caving Adventures, Rappelling, and the Best Times of My Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I just finished my 15th tiyul/adventure with Israel Extreme. Needless to say, each adventure has been more exhilarating and impressive then the previous. Whether we were planning logistics before the trip, maneuvering our way through beautiful salt caves in Mt. Sodom near the Dead Sea, rappelling down 150 meters at Nachal Chatzatzon or 110 meters through waterfalls in Jordan, or just relaxing and talking at a restaurant post-tiyul, the Israel Extreme staff members were kind, cool, knowledgable, professional, skillful, and genuinely concerned about providing an enjoyable experience for all the participants. As I recently said to an Israel Extreme staff member, some of my best memories from the past three years have involved trips with this company. If one is looking for a truly memorable adventure with great people, I could not recommend Israel Extreme more.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Israeltourist123
IsraelExtreme, Front Office Manager at Israel Extreme, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
The Team at Israel Extreme is very delighted that we have been an integral part of your most memorable moments these past three years! This is the purpose of our business. Looking forward to another adventure with you soon!
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fox's Chimney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We walked up the mountains a few km below Ein Bokek with Moshe, our guide. We arrived at a hole in the ground where we rappelled down 70m in mid-air into a huge salt cavern. I was with my 12 year old son and we both loved it. At the bottom we set off through a cave system, using headlamps to explore it, and after a couple of hours we emerged into sunlight by the Dead Sea. Moshe was completely professional throughout and also knew so much about caving in Israel and this unique salt cave network that it was genuinely interesting as well as exhilarating throughout. This was the highlight of our trip to Israel and worth the money. We will use Israel Extreme again and I recommend them highly.

Visited April 2014
Woodmere, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Worth!Every!Cent!(Shekel)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We met up with our guide, who casually tossed some gear in our bus, and I was thinking, "And how is he going to get out group of 5 kids and 4 adults to repel down a cliff and through slippery caves with this?"
A few minutes after arriving in the middle of a cow farm, Israel MacGyver whipped a rope around rocks, through clips and harnesses, and single handedly started lowering us, one by one, into a giant crater.
Time skip.
After repelling and swinging, we descended, hard hats and all, into the center of the earth, all the while, MacGyver navigated, while scooping my 8 year old in his free hand (I don't know how he managed to have a free hand, nor how he managed to get my 8 year old to do anything...) We left amazed, exhausted, and somewhat humbled by the experience.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Winks1006
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Decent but little misleading”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We booked to do ATVs up north which was awesome
We called Israel Extreme, and they acted as the travel agent, by sending us to the venue and taking their commission, which was fine. The ATV trip was the highlight, cruising around the hills of the North. But then they upsold us another product "since we were nearby" - abseiling into a cave and "rope-swinging" in the cave.
The abseiling was cool enough, but then once we were in the cave they got us to climb half-way up the cave and then attach ourselves to the rope that descended from the opening at the top. Then they released us so that we swung from one side of the cave to the other- that was it. Not that impressive, but it cost us another $30 US
Israel Extreme is a good outfit, with good connections nationwide, but be weary of being upsold extra products

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction