Instead of spending a night in a different hotel every day while we explored the northern part of Israel, I read about this hotel and decided to book it for several nights as a base. We drove our own car from coast to coast and explored the local area as well and each evening returned to this lovely spot. It was definitely worth the extra bit of driving to get back to quiet, clean rooms (we rented three with 2 separate beds in each room--) and greet each morning with a delicious buffet. At one point, I asked if there was any oj --- the next morning, fresh squeezed orange juice was ready. It was such a pleasant difference from the ghastly Dan Panorama chain of hotels where quantity over quality rules (I do not recommend any of them!). The staff was friendly. The decor with its many artist reproductions was also entertaining. I highly recommend this spot -- do use GPS to find it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming boutique hotel located in the Galilee heights, recently became a member of the prestigious European hotel chain "Chateaux & Hotels Collection". The hotel contains a SPA with an extensive treatment list, a bistro restaurant and terraces overlooking the hotel gardens and the surrounding mountains. In the vicinity: the Sea of Galilee, Golan Heights, forests, mountains, the ancient city ,the tombs of the just, Druze villages and much more. You will enjoy a special ambiance and a sense of tranquility at our small and luxurious hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Galilee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Galilee Hotel Safed
- Villa Galilee Safed, Israel