All reviews boutique hotel the penthouse public spaces are spent two nights israeli hotels rooms are comfortable rooms are big the hotel is clean beautiful garden enjoyed our stay galilee kosher chardonnay reproduction bathtub
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We took two rooms recently for two nights in order to explore the interesting and scenic area around Safed and Rosh Pinna. The hotel was converted in the early 2000s and is situated high on a hill with nice views over the Galilee area. There is adequate parking and the building has a nice lobby lounge full of old world decor that gives a nice nostalgic feeling. The outside swimming pool is ok for a cooling dip in hot weather with a convenient bar adjacent. Breakfast in the hotel is a typical Israeli buffet style and is adequate if not memorable. One of our rooms was deluxe and the other was standard. The deluxe room was adequately large except the bathroom was quite small and awkward in layout. The standard room was small but ok in layout with the same comment about the bathroom. The refrigerator in the standard room was defective and very noisy. The management did not offer to replace it so it could be fixed temporarily with a kick. In the middle of the night it started to make a very loud noise again which woke us up. Cleaning was not good on the second day especially in the bathroom. The cost of the hotel is at the top end of the market so we could have expected much more.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StanLipin
Reviewed 29 April 2018

The hotel has in apparence all the necessary attributes of a boutique hotel and has theoretically the potential , however we are.... in israel , where service is only exceptionally part of the deal and the motto " will be ok , anyway" is standard. We tried to reserve to the indicated price on the website of the hotel , only to find out that this was not the real price and upon insistence.....got a discount. We chose the hotel on the reputation of the french restaurant that it is part of it. only at the reception we learned that it was definitely closed. the meal served on friday night in the breakfast room was ....average. The reception was not really receptive and did not even react when we notified that the wifi was not working in our room . we had the penthouse room , which is spacious but not furnished very basic and cheap. (pillow, sheets) in short not worth the price and you can get better in the area easily . a shame as it has the potential from the setting and outline .

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Like all I the recommendations hot on the hotel boutique I was imprests . I called to ordered a room, I asked the room with a view the sea, and Vila Galilee upgrade us for free last room with view the sea. Excellent! Because my wife and I are religious, I added the evning Friday and Saturday afternoon in addition. 350 NIS person per meal! 350 * 4 = 1400 NIS but not bothered to note that the meal restored. The same meal serving Friday evning, served again on Saturday afternoon. I mean we paid double on her meal! I don't I will note the menu abundance (meal such a restaurant was exceed 350 couple including a bottle of wine), only I will note my wife not found what to eat . In an attempt to encourage her I told her "wait for tomorrow afternoon, certainly will be a variety of different". We dining room Saturday aftrr nun and I could believe my eyes. The same meal we ate the previous day, was submitted to US again !!! we went into the choke just don't we had nothing. We felt deceived! We took the best of our money on board really not worth the price. Conversation with Villa Galilei are offered a refund the sum of 150 NIS becouse we upgraded free. Maybe we got a free upgrade , but the taste was bed. For US all the beauty of the place, service specified of staff atmosphere of the place is no longer a magicianentry .We recommended parentsent Villa Galilei sit calm. Saturday night already update them not to reach.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

It was awful. The rooms, the bedding, the heat wasn't working on a snowy day. Unpleasant service . not recommended. Spa was ok! Meal not enjoyable . Won't return to this hotel. Over rated and old. Very disappointed.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank noagidib
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Looks good. Nicely decirated. However the details... the doors are paper thin. You can hear all conversations in the hall. You have to turn on water heater for hot water but nobody tells you tha. You hear water running down pipes. And it costs like a hotel in new york. It looks like a nice hotel but it is not. On top of this you cannot get good coffee or omlette for breakfast on saturday for religious reasons but you can pay and do everything else. Find a nicer place.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple