“Fine hotel for a family vacation”

Rimonim Mineral Tiberias
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in Tiberias
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Fine hotel for a family vacation”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We spent 3 night in this hotel (all together a party of 12 from 3 families). The 4 rooms that we took were fine, not very big but OK. The cleaning level wasn’t the highest and needs some improvement. The service level was good especially in the dining room.

The hotel is quit distant from the heart of the city, but we didn’t mind it. The hotel doesn’t have a pool and sends to a nearby spa for that purpose. Same goes for a private beach that is ~200 meters from the hotel. It is not the hotel’s beach, but it is private; clean and organized.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dror2311

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The food was terrible, and the rooms were dirty. The hotel was unkempt and disgusting. The staff were extremely rude, including reception and "security." I would highly advise against staying here. There are much better hotels and much better rates for much better rooms, food, amenities, and staff service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank 88Lisa992

Travellers are raving about these Tiberias hotels

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Mywife and I and our two small children stayed in Rimonim Mineral in Aug 2013, for three nights. We are Israeli who live in Israel.

It began with receiving the room half an hour later, at 15:30. The room was small, and the beds kept moving because the matress was sitting on an unstable wooden piece. My back was hurting after a miserable first night on these beds, and so I slept on the sofa for the next two days. We were told that the swimming pool was two minutes away. It was, in fact, almost a ten-minute walk, which is not pleasant in the hot sun and with two small children. The two small elevators took awhile to arive to our floor, and on Friday and Saturday(Shabbat), only one of them operated normally, which made the wait time even worse (we decided to walk up and down the stairs from and to the 4th floor with our children).
The dining hall had a variety of food, but in mediocre quality.

This is a place to go if you have a very limited budget and cannot afford a more decent hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We were told by our tour operator that the hotel in Tiberias would be a Holiday Inn hotel, but it seems that the hotel was previously a Holiday Inn; but not anymore :-( This hotel was unfortunately the worst hotel during our pilgrimage trip :-( The hotel was old and really needed some renovation and upgraded works. Although the breakfast was still acceptable and nothing special, the staff supposed to assist were not sufficient. Most likely it was the reason why this hotel only got its doubtfully 3 stars now .......

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I had thought not to bother with a review, as I usually write about good hotels. However, that would be missing the point of using "tripadvisor". This hotel was not a good place to stay. The room was very "tired", windows wouldn't close properly, and the bathroom was scruffy. The dining room was more a canteen than a restaurant, very crowded, dirty crockery and cutlery left on unoccupied tables and the staff seemed to be overwhelmed. The food was OK but the experience of getting it was not.

During our stay one receptionist was so rude and abusive, both to staff and customers, that for the first time ever, I wrote to the manager to complain. I received a polite response saying the matter would be dealt with, but no apology. An Israeli hotel guest, who witnessed one outburst, apologised to me for the receptionist's behaviour and confirmed that at least one of her long telephone conversations, while guests were waiting, was to her relatives. Her shouting at staff was loud, aggressive and embarrassing: it reverberated around the lobby area. I have no experience in hotel management but I am certain that this young woman’s gifting is not in reception work.

Other staff were kind and helpful, though sometimes rather stressed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neil M
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Mineral Tiberias, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Neil M,

I received your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel in May 2013. I am familiar with this case since I also received your letter. I wish to thank you for informing us of your experience.

As I said in my former reply to you, I assure you that my staff and I do our utmost to meet the standards set by the Rimonim chain and your comments are treated with the greatest respect.

I wish to assure you that all your comments have been checked carefully and appropriate action will be taken to ensure that the faults will not be repeated.

I wish to thank you for taking the time to inform me of your experience and hope to see you amongst our guests in the near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

During a recent business trip to Israel my collegue and I decided to stay in Tiberies during the Shabat.
The hotel was booked through a local agency, i wish we had read the reviews before hand but unfortunately never quite had the time
On arriving at the hotel there were two things that struck me,
The first being the appearance of the hotel, it looked old and dated!
The second was that its not actually in Tiberias which is a good 25 ~ 30 min walk away
The reception desk had one member of staff who was completely overrun, this partly being to the fact that the Israeli people do not tend to like to wait their turn!
it took what seemed an eternity to get checked in.
Then there was the long wait for a lift to our floor, once again taking forever, possibly down to the fact only two elevators and during the Shabat one is on a go slow!
Room was smelly, floor looked like it had never been cleaned and room was generally in a poor state of repair.
Was supposed to be staying for two nights here, promptly checked out after first night and moved to Leonardo Plaza which IS in Tiberias - and the price was cheaper and yet standard ten times higher
Will not be visiting here again!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Steve C
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Mineral Tiberias, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Steve C,

I have received your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel during August 2013. I was very sorry to read your comments.

I can assure you that my staff and I do our utmost to meet the standards set by the Rimonim chain and your comments are treated with the greatest respect.

I wish to assure you that all comments have been checked carefully and appropriate action will be taken to ensure that such similar experience will not occur.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Wish I had checked out the reviews here before staying here but work commitment ment time was not at a premium, driving through Tiberius and 1km from it started warning bells ringing then the reception area was OK at best, staff not a problem, the bar area was not great considering its their only bar, 2 lifts which for a hotel this size does not work on the Shabat, room old and dated, we checked our after one night and went to the Leonado Plaza (cheaper too!) which is a level or 2 above, you feel like your in a classy hotel just walking in to the reception area.

• Stayed August 2013
RimonimHotels, Manager at Rimonim Mineral Tiberias, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Andrew S,