“Nice view of the Sea”

Leonardo Plaza Hotel Tiberias
Ranked #3 of 39 Hotels in Tiberias
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The view of the Sea of Galilee is spectacular. However, the hotel is nothing to rave about. Yes, the breakfast is nice. But the rooms need serious updating and renovation. I had to stay here because it was required by the group.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheryl T

Reviewed 28 May 2014

As part of a group of 49 we stayed one night, and thought the overall package was a good one. The position of the hotel was excellent with lovely views over the Sea of Galillee. The room was clean and fresh and the food, although buffet style, was to a good standard. In the evening, it is a short walk from the hotel to a street market and various bars and restaurants.

The next morning, when we departed, there were no obvious criticisms from fellow passengers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here 3 nights as a stop on our Holy Land tour. The hotel room was decent. The air conditioner was either cold or hot and couldn't seem to get it comfortable.

The wifi was not operating for two of our three nights. The Internet in the lobby area was free but it was sporadic at best

The food was average. Great variety and lots of it

Just an okay hotel for a night or two

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our room requests were heeded (high floor, non-smoking) and we found the room clean, reasonably sized and comfortable. The room was in good repair and had all of the basic amenities, and the bed was comfortable. The lobby and public areas are attractive. The wonderful view of the Sea of Galilee was the main attraction, so the location was great. It's also within easy walking distance of shops and banks in Tiberias. The breakfast and dinner buffets were fine though generally unremarkable. Just wish Wi-Fi were part of the room rate. It should be an amenity that comes with the room like the TV. Nonetheless, paying for Wi-Fi in hotels seemed to be par for the course in Israel and this hotel was no different. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I were a part of a tour group of approximately 90 travelers touring the Holy Lands. The second leg of our journey utilized the Leonardo Plaza as a base for our three-day visit around the sites in northern Israel. I’m really hard pressed to come up with something nice to say about this hotel – I found one – the location and the view overlooking the Sea of Galilee are spectacular! The hotel itself was nothing I care to stay at again. – The first “whiff”, upon entering our room, we knew something was grossly unacceptable. With little investigating, my husband discovered that the mini-frig had leaked water all around the area. Mold and mildew permeated everything. The stench was undeniable, which begs the question…why hadn’t the condition of this room been reported to management and closed for repair? We were moved to another room two doors down, but, sadly, not much of an improvement. In plain sight, you could see accumulated dirt in the corners…obviously; a spot the vacuum could not reach. The dirt appeared to have been there, not weeks,…but months! We requested housekeeping to come and clean a wad of gum off the carpet…no one came…my good husband took care of that. And get this, I found a pair of dirty old socks on the night stand. – Doesn’t instill much confidence in the quality of the hotel. Had we not have been part of a tour group, we would have checkout immediately.
Over the next three days, the Leonardo provided comic relief on the bus as others in our tour group shared similar stories. – In addition to the dirty rooms, the layout of the hotel is completely inefficient. The hotel entrance, the lobby area, the elevators, and entrance to the dining hall all occupy the same space. “Talk about Grand Central Station…” –I did not research this hotel before booking, it was selected by our tour company. If you are in the same boat, I hope you fair better than we did

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank joloughlin
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Good bed and clean. That's always the first thing I look for in a hotel.
My wife and I were on a tour with a group and this was an excellent choice. Breakfast and dinner were included for our two-night stay, so that was another important consideration. It was Kosher, of course, so my wife loved it. I missed bacon and good beef that we usually have during a day in the US, but the veggies and fruit were excellent. The cooked-to-order omelets were just great!
I did need an power converter that the hotel couldn't/wouldn't help me with, but a guy who worked there had a cash deal that met my needs. Down low, you know.... So I now own an expensive voltage converter for my next trip to Europe!
Great trip!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 14 May 2014

After my somewhat disappointing experience at Fattal's Leonardo Plaza in Jerusalem, I was skeptical regarding what to expect at its hotel in Tiberias. What I had required and requested for our stay at this hotel was met perfectly, e.g. We required a non-smoking room on a high floor not too near nor too far from the elevator, and in a recently refurbished room. Keeping in mind that you should keep a copy of all requests and who you spoke with regarding them, and then bring them with you when checking in, your chances of receiving them will greatly improve.

Room Tip: We requested a room on a high floor, with a nice view, near-but not too near the elevator, in a rece...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple